Sign in to follow this  
Sula

A Lesson Learned

2 days I have not played dayz because I promised a guy my ghillie suit and I didn't want to risk dying and losing it until I got that ghillie suit to him.

You see, I had one and offered it free. I went to meet him and his friend and I got sniped and he bled to death. I had a good chat with them on skype and it was fun but then we died. As I've said before, you don't go into helping people unless you are prepared to die.

So when I got sniped, I figured either it was a third party or his pal shot me but that didn't matter. I had promised him a ghillie and he died trying to get mine (he bled to death after I was sniped.)

So I asked for one from the female players and Bianca kindly offered me hers. :thumbsup:

I contacted the guy and said, I promised you a ghillie and I got another. He said where he wanted to meet and I agreed.

I travelled by copter to get there, aborted and didn't go back into dayz because I wanted to stay alive long enough to get that second ghillie to him.

My guts warned me I might have been robbed. But what if I had, so what? I'd had fun meeting and talking to them. And I'd been in a helicopter and was dropped in part of Chernarus I couldn't have reached alone.

But my gut kept niggling at me. I did a search and found a thread yesterday where he was offering a ghillie in a trade. Is that the ghillie he got of my body? So maybe it was a set up OR maybe he's a genuine, and innocent guy who just hasn't had a chance to get online today. Either way, I've learned a lesson, which is, I'm still me and I will still help people when I can. A bad experience doesn't make me bad, it makes me wiser. :thumbsup:

Oh and I still love this game! :D

Edited by Sula
  • Like 2

Don't help random people. Help people you know. But that won't always stop them.

I play with 3 of my friends, and one of my friends was in another group before this one and he told them our location "so they don't shoot us".

Turns out they came and killed all of us.

We will now hunt them down and kill them

possible that he actually did want a ghillie suit .... and now that he has one, is duping it in order to trade for other highend gear. Regardless, honorable story.

That seriously sucks man.

I'd still love to give you some of my items but my camp was eaten by our server.

I'll find you something and give it to you for free though lass.

Sounds like he was taking you for a ride. If you are adamant that you have to trade or give something away, let it always be on your terms only, and dont give them time to set something up. Give them a specific route to follow, across specific places or landmarks and then position yourself partway along that route, never near the "end" of it. That way you get to have a nice long look at them and whoever may be shadowing them.

It may sound bad to act so paranoid, but in this game for every person like yourself who is genuinely trying to be nice and helpful, there will be a hundred more who will act nice while plotting your demise and laughing about it with their friends.

If you ever need help with something, tell me.

I'm happy to help

• Like 1

Chip, thanks for the advice.

Bianca, I wish I could hug you, you're so sweet and generous x :thumbsup:

Osirish, yep my point exactly. Who knows But I experience was great and I can't see complain.

Andrey, I see your point but I'm happy to pass on what I don't need. I think I'd rather give things to a noob who might have it for only a few minutes yet value it than give things to those who have lots.

Reptile, please don't worry. There's no need. These things happen. :thumbsup:

If anyone has a helicopter or truck and wants to get me out of Stary - now that's a favour I wouldn't say no to! :D

Edited by Sula