Sign in to follow this  
iniblett@hotmail.com

I know this is a total noob question but...

I am new to Dayz and loving it, and i have managed to figure most things out, except one very basic, stupid thing. How do i turn my flashlight off and on? i have looked through the control menus and i cantr find it anywhere! I have this awesome military red light flashlight and i have no clue how to use it!

I am new to Dayz and loving it, and i have managed to figure most things out, except one very basic, stupid thing. How do i turn my flashlight off and on? i have looked through the control menus and i cantr find it anywhere! I have this awesome military red light flashlight and i have no clue how to use it!

It's a little weird. The flashlight will be in your toolbelt when you get it. Flashlights take up your side-arm (pistol) slot when you actually use them, so you need to make sure you aren't carrying a pistol. Then right click the flashlight on your toolbelt, and select "remove from toolbelt".

Your flashlight should be in your hands. You then press "L" to turn it on and off.

Beware though. If you use your flashlight at night, bandits will be able to see you from miles away. (although the military flashlight is harder to see from a distance, i like it).

Go into your gear menu, right click on the flashlight and click 'remove from toolbelt', this means you will now be carrrying it. To turn it on/off press L (presuming you're using the default controls). You can obviously add it back to your toolbelt by reversing the process in your gear menu.

wow its really that simple? thanks guys! Anyone have any good servers for group playing to recomend? I use the six launcher and always play on whatever server pops up, id like to find a favorite or two so i can try to set up a camp and establish my guy a bit better.