A Bush killed me

Snow in Day z.

I would love for there to be snow , it is Russia after all. Would be cool if the snow built up also and we could track peoples foot prints. This would actually make heat packs and fires worth a damn in helping you stay alive.

• Like 25

I would love for there to be snow , it is Russia after all. Would be cool if the snow built up also and we could track peoples foot prints. This would actually make heat packs and fires worth a damn in helping you stay alive.

I agree :D

this would not only be cool but it would also give the heatpack a propper use for once :D

• Like 2

Yeah and with snow there could be the possibility of finding snow suits perhaps

You can have my beans :D

well that would put some new struggle to the game! Nice idea

+1 for this

Arma doesn't support such a feature. As of yet.

But, no doubt it would be a cool feature, chalk it up on the wishlist for the standalone.

Very interesting idea for adding even more features releated to your character.

Like temperature dropping,flu,hands shaking due to freezing (making fire or getting indors woud be preventing that)... fog and shorten view distance,adding deer's as a hunting seasson and +1 to survival element.

Nice OP.

Edited by VaultDweller
  • Like 1

What about just changing the foliage slowly. This way that a white snowy texture blends slowly in and disappears again.

This should be possible, fog is already there, shaking sight too... so why not ;)

I am fascinated by the possibility of perhaps being able to follow peoples tracks in the snow. :D

Maybe some kind of spline could shape the general direction of the path, with some automatic fadeoff after some distance of say 50m, 200m, 1km.

Edited by Treehugger

I could be wrong but I think if you change the calendar in Arma2 to around Christmas time it starts snowing.

You took the words out of my mouth.

If DayZ is rly gonna be based on that in the future ... then we got one hell of a update.

I support it 100%, another suggestions would be Seasons, like winter, summer etc.

• Like 2

*like*

i would like this to be implanted, heres my resons

1.) players that ware camo will HAVE to change occassionaly, the current camo clothing will be useless in snow, witch will greatly lower the survivability of players that stick to the normal camo (the normal clothing is uneffected, as it uses a blue/white/tan color spectrum, witch blends in 50% of the time in most eviroments)

2.) it gives a excuse to increase the need for heat packs, matches, hatchets, and logs, ect., as in snow, tempreture would drop quickly (unless your the female cherecter, she has a jacket, mabey make a skin that gives insultation and stops heat loss while worn?)

3.)if snow is deep enough, a mechanic can be put in where prone becomes impossable (due to snow being too deep to crawl in, ect.), zombies may get stuck in the snow, occasionaly enabling players to ignore some zombies, even when agroed, and some area will kill players if walked on without the correct gear (snowshoes, witch will spread out the weight of the cherecter on the snow, allowing the player to walk/ crouch walk on snow that is so deep that normaly (or if the player decides to try to move prone, even with the shoes on), the player will fall though and become helpless, resulting in death)

4.) some items become useless or not as useful in snow (for example, the millertary flashlight is designed to give off just as much light as the normal flash light, but it gives off a RED light,, witch is harder to spot in forest or other areas, in snow, red light will STAND OUT, forcing players to keep that light turned off if they dont want snipers to see them, also, wire fencing may become useless, as set up traps may fall though the snow, rendering them useless unless someone is dragging themselves in the snow (just think draging yourself though snow without snowshoes, and you get a broken leg from a random bear trap that was buried, ouch)

5.) it will give a excuse to put "heating of food & water" in the game, when in a showy area or when too cold, using canned food or bottled water on a fire place will heat the food/ water, resulting in heat-recovery, and (possably) additional blood recovery

thats all i got for this

• Like 1

Would be cool if someone could figure out if the arma engine could support snow and post a source.

Second one got better wheater effect and sounds.

Edited by VaultDweller
  • Like 1

Snow would be cool, foot prints would be cool too. Having snow opens up a bunch of possible features, snow type clothes (heavy coats and stuff), players freezing to death, tracking players by their footprints, cars taking a while to start and warm up, finally giving heatpacks a use etc.

Yeah I would like to see something like this, either do it with seasons like others have said or perhaps when the map is increased make certain areas of the map snow.

Making heatpacks useful!?!? YOU'RE INSANE!

Seriously though, I like the idea of snow! Maybe it could slow zombies down a little bit as well; it'll be like a mini-holiday for survivors!