Sign in to follow this  
IceFried

Bloody blood is bloody annoying.

So i've finally managed to stay alive for more than an hour, much to the misfortune of a couple of people, and now i'm recklessly putting myself in danger with all my good loot.

Why?

Because i can't stand the stupid color filter you get when you lose blood. I don't understand it, it's not needed as an indicator since we have a blood icon on our HUD, it doesn't hinder us too much if that was the intention. It's just god damn annoying and there should be a way to toggle it. Now if you drop below 5000 or something, then some screen effects would be alright.

Also, did the zombie plague destroy our bone marrow or something? How come we cannot naturally regenerate blood, instead we have to either eat enough beans for us to fart our way to the moon, or we have to find a blood bag and get another human to help us.

Now i don't know about you, but every single human i've seen has tried to kill me, except for the unarmed who want to rob me.

In conclusion, i want to be a vampire .

(But seriously, please look at the blood thing)...

Wait, should this be in suggestions?

nah.

(P.S. If there is a way to toggle it... i am sorry for not being very observant and adding a usless topic on the forums, if you could just point out what i have to press i'll just go away..)

Grab a hatchet and some matches, and a cow is worth 8000 blood. Cooked meat is the lone wolfs best friend.

• Like 2

I think it represents shock. Find a hunting knife, matches and a hatchet. Hunting is a great way to restore blood.

You can hunt. Just get a hatchet, a knife and a box of matches and you're set.

Like Pupple said, a cow is 8000 blood. :P

But still, I think that the threshold for the washed color should be lowered. Even with 10k blood they are way too dull. Moving it down to maybe 8k would be nice.

I'm sure rocket will get around to it, but hes got alot of more important stuff to fix :P

It's weird how quickly your vision degrades, I agree. I like the effect, and being close to death has a nice desperate feel to it since you can't see well enough to fight as effectively. I'd prefer to see 9k and up be "fine", 5-9k be washed out, <5k gets the pulsation. Also, I'd add in an effect for when you're actively bleeding, since I'll sometimes not notice the little blinking cross and you can't always see the blood fountain in first person.

That said, one of the best moments in the game is when you get a transfusion and you feel like you just stepped through the door to Munchkinland.

As for passive regen, I'm totally in favor, but I'd support blood regen being linked to status ailments. Pain, shock, hunger, thirst, cold or a fracture would all prevent passive blood regen, and even while you're in good shape, the regen would be slow enough that it would be useless in a fight. I'd say something like one blood every three seconds, so you regain 1200 blood per hour of safe, healthy play. It would be enough that you'd recover naturally from the odd scratch or hilarious stair mishap, but you wouldn't be hunkering behind cover waiting for your shields to recharge in the middle of a fight.

Point of interest: A cow is 8 steaks at 800 blood each, so 6400 blood. More than half your health back in one beef binge.