Sign in to follow this  
XentriX

Banditry and murder...

I know this has probably already been posted somewhere, but my search has proven fruitless.

Anyhoo, after a run-in with another player the other day, it got me thinking...

If bandit skins are being introduced back to the game, a few minor tweaks in relation to how the 'title' is earned could be in order.

Here is my example...

There I was on the roof of a firestation, grabbing loot through the window (the downstairs was blocked off), when akm fire starts hitting in my direction. I take one or two hits, but manage to duck around a corner just in time. I bandage up, and with my remaining 1.2k blood I sneak a peak at the direction from where the shots originated.

I see my assailant fighting of zeds that his gunfire had attracted, so I seize the opportunity and put a Lee enfield round into him.

On my debug monitor.... 'Murders: 1'

Now I'm thinking 'hold on a minute, it was pure and simple self-defence. If he hadn't been distracted by zeds (because he shot in the first place), he would probably have killed me.'

So, should murders only be considered such if you are the initial attacker?

Should you be tagged as a bandit for attempted murder?

And should there be a mechanic in place to prevent becoming a bandit via friendly fire accidents (Any suggestions on how to determin whether it was an 'accident' or not would be useful)?

im pretty sure it's not possible to add that in the game? You probably can but, i don;t know to much about

I think you should indefinately keep your "Bandit" status once you accumulate over 5 murders. Should also keep a bandit skin with NO chance of hiding it with a Guille suit or Camo clothing. I for one would love players to see me coming to kill them as a bandit.

I think the only way to redeem yourself from bandit back to survivor, should be by killing 5 or more bandits.

Aye me and my friend was running at the edge of the tree lines the other day when suddenly it started raining sniper shots around us. We both started sprinting so he would have a harder time hitting us and finally got behind cover. Now I spot fucker and return the fire, it turned out to be a pretty epic fight and 20 minutes later (or something like that) my friend had died and I had 6 kills whom of which 5 was murders. Think it is a bit unfair to get labelled a bandit for self defence (though I must admit I have been guilty of some banditry actions in other lives :P)