yakine

Magical land for the survivors?

This forum seems to be infested with people complaining about 'bandits' and player killing so ive come up with a fix...

Make a server with no pvp and everyone has musical instruments and dances round the campfire singing hallelujah. On a serious note though, player killing is a part of this game and all ways will be, its an open end sandbox game and if you dont like PvP here is a question for you... Why the fuck you playing a FPS PvP game?

The mind boggles. :facepalm:

I don't see that much complaining about PVP but more about alt+f4'in, noob killing and hackers but not PVP....

Can I wear flowers in my hair on your server? Otherwise I'm not interested.

• Like 1

Can I wear flowers in my hair on your server? Otherwise I'm not interested.

If it stops you killing people you can wear a dress and makeup and we can do eachothers hair :wub:

This forum seems to be infested with people complaining about 'bandits' and player killing so ive come up with a fix...

Make a server with no pvp and everyone has musical instruments and dances round the campfire singing hallelujah. On a serious note though, player killing is a part of this game and all ways will be, its an open end sandbox game and if you dont like PvP here is a question for you... Why the fuck you playing a FPS PvP game?

The mind boggles.

Agreed. Day Z is a hardcore zombie survival, not a H*llo K*tty W*rld. It's the player's duty to survive no matter what, be it from zombies or from other players. It's sandbox and it's hardcore. :D

If it stops you killing people you can wear a dress and makeup and we can do eachothers hair :wub:

Perfect. I'l bring the face-packs.

On a serious note, it always makes me wonder why people take part in a survival game with a strong PvP element and then cry when they get shot by another "survivor". Or they seem intent on catagorising players to make it all neat and tidy.

It would be funny if these PvE servers were created and suddenly it would turn out that about 80% dayZ players prefer to play on them :P

Perfect. I'l bring the face-packs.

On a serious note, it always makes me wonder why people take part in a survival game with a strong PvP element and then cry when they get shot by another "survivor". Or they seem intent on catagorising players to make it all neat and tidy.

Because they would rarther sit there killing zombies in 2 bullets for 12 hours straight then go to a 'safe spot' and trade with other players. This forum is infested with them all moaning about it, i hear hello kitty is on sale i hope 90% of this community buy it and leave us serious players to survive.

Edited by yakine
  • Like 1

All you girls saying its a hardcore game probably play with softcore server settings - 3rd on - ch on or tags on ...

Most people claiming to be hardcore PVP that I see in the videos and screenshots all use weak ass servers settings and then claim they are hardcore.

Pathetic.

• Like 2

Want hardcore? Flatten weapon damage, increase weapon report and muzzleflash visibility, remove tents, play on expert.

Until then, I see nothing hardcore.

(This all amuses me greatly.)

Edited by BazBake

Want hardcore? Flatten weapon damage, increase weapon report and muzzleflash visibility, remove tents, play on expert.

Until then, I see nothing hardcore.

(This all amuses me greatly.)

How do you know what difficulty i play on?

People are addressing valid concerns with the game. The level of player killing is ridiculous, it's shitting all over what this mod was supposed to be and that's why Rocket feels forced into bringing back bandit indicators -- which I'm disappointed by because that's a lame solution. You're not "better at surviving" if you go around killing everyone you see, because if we did that in reality we'd drive our own species to extinction! Also it's pretty cowardly to kill on sight.

However, 99% of the suggestions made to try and rectify this situation are absolute shite. Introducing arbitrary bullshit rules and restrictions on how people can play goes against the spirit of Day Z. If you want people to work together and not kill each other you need to provide a reason for them to do so. That's why this open beta is so great, we get to see what the game actually is, not what it is intended to be. If people are acting like sociopaths then the game lacks social interaction. Don't blame the players who play the game for what it is -- and at the moment it's a survival death-match -- look for what is missing from the game that would create better authenticity.

To the anti-bandit people: Don't punish, incentivise. (Yeah that sounds like a horrible marketing slogan but it's true.)

To the bandit supporters: Don't insult people who have bad ideas for good reasons.

• Like 2

I'm waiting for a resourceful hacker to make the GLITTER-ZONE.

A magical place where the roads are made of beans, the skies are full of rainbows and everyone shouts 'FRIENDLY' on sidechat while fingering each others bums.

• Like 1