Alfy (DayZ)

How not to be a Bandit?

Dear DayZ Players,

one time, i looted the NW Airfield. I had everything you need including SD-Weapons, Nightvision etc. while looting a Barrak i got a whole Magazine fired in my back. I didn't saw who shot my or why. BUT i understand this, maybe a beginner running up to the Airfield, searching for good stuff, saw me, yea jackpot, dead. Its ok, i havent done it yet but i understand why he could killed me.

What i dont understand (and this really fucks me up) why the hell is everybody on every DayZ Server shooting at me even without weapons?

After my awful failing at the NW-Airfield, i thought "Not that bad, looting Citys is more interesting for me."

Running there, walking here, i came to Balota today, getting myself some better Weapons. On the Tower someone is walking, me down the stairs yelling some "Hey mate i am friendly, anything interesting up there?"

He must be thinking "Omg a friendly, he must be ill, i better cure him." and shot me.

So, i thought that he maybe just got scared becouse of my manly voice, and we can be friends now.

Entering the Airfield again, he was walking outside. I demonstratively put my Flshlight out and yelled at him i would NOT harm him, and that even didnt carry anything with me becouse i spawned a few minutes ago.

Sadly, he maybe were impressed of my beautifuly shining Flashlight, so he shot me again.

I am really bad mooded, becouse he saw me, saw that i didn't was carrying something with me, fresh born.

This is situation i enjoy very often, i think i am too friendly, and should just shoot and dont talk.

Damn this isnt Disneyworld right?

See you mates,

I am the one you are shooting at.

• Like 1

He clearly didn't want you taking loot from the airfield, so shooting you was his best alternative?

• Like 1

If you go to an airfield or city, expect to be shoot.

But yeah, people that shoot at you when you yell Friendly are jerks

Edited by TSAndrey

there is no such thing as friendly in dayz anymore... today i saw a guy running around with nothing with zombies after him, he ran up to me, and i shot all the zombies... there was a hatchet on the ground, which i let him loot.. i run into a house and start looting some pepsi, when suddenly he is slashign away in my back and breaking my legs with the hatchet. he spamhits me and kills me... only to get my makarov and a double shit shot gun... sigh...

• Like 1

I am really bad mooded, becouse he saw me, saw that i didn't was carrying something with me, fresh born.

If you had this kind of grammar on the in-game voice chat, I would have shot you as well. I don't think the "manly voice" applies.

• Like 1

It's kill or be killed, that is how the game is. Don't play under a false pretense that someone will hug you and give you a blanket... as soon as you turn around, he will kill you. I shoot on sight, whether you have an Axe, an AS50 or a Flashlight... How do I know you won't come back later to find me and kill me? I don't, so you must die.

Was playing earlier and was just on the hill in elektro after looting most of the city. Saw a load of zombies chasing another player. Sat there watching and he lost all but one of them. Could see him struggling so i shot the zombie. Saw him bandaging himself when another came for him. So shot that one too. Was going to just watch then leave but i felt sorry for him as i know how annoying the zombies can be at times. Who knows if he had of seen me though whether or not he would of shot me!

Kill or be killed. The least you can do, is NOT LOWER YOU WEAPON. If he starts to shoot you, kill him. (never give him the chance to kill you)

Edited by Vitdom

The only friendlies in this game are the ones in your teamspeak/vent/mumble. Don't bother being friendly to players in servers, they are guaranteed to kill you.

Edited by sostronk

If you had this kind of grammar on the in-game voice chat, I would have shot you as well. I don't think the "manly voice" applies.

Not everyone's native language is english big guy.

To the OP: Trust no one but those you personally know. Some (most?) players consider their murder count an accomplishment.

Edited by EliJRn
  • Like 1