thebigJ_A

applying arma beta patch?

So I've been playing DayZ for about a week, now. Amazing game, absolutely phenomenal.

Anyway, I heard about the beta patch for Arma 2, and that, among other things, it fixes comms and allows play of DayZ on beta servers.

I downloaded the zip. but I'm not sure how to set it up. The readme (obviously) doesn't take into account the way I'm playing the game.

I've got Combined Ops through Steam. Could anyone walk me through how to install, set up, and run the beta patch version of the game through Steam after i've already got the mod running? I've got the mod running flawlessly atm and don't want to mess it up.Thanks, in advance.

I discovered http://www.six-updater.net/ the other day...

It will make your patching a ton easier..

Enjoy =)

Um, thanks, i guess. But I already have an updater for DayZ, and the in-game server browser works just fine.

I don't see how this helps me install the Arma II beta patch.

Download the latest beta patch. Install it as normal and then you can either create another shortcut for the beta enabled version or just add =beta to the start in where you have the mod tag.

Sorry about the image but I'm at work and don't have access to ArmA....

bfbc2properties.jpg

... if you have the Steam version you have to put it into the Properties>Set Launch section.

Hope that helps.

Six Updater is a great tool to keep both ARMA II and your mods up-to-date, monitors and detects mod problems and manage different profiles (eg DayZ doesn't accept any other mods, while I44 needs a lot).

It also gives you the option to include/exclude the beta patch with a simple checkbox, which will be downloaded, updated and used automaticly.

It has one downside though; it's slow and a little hard to use... But it will prevent a lot headaches :D Especially when using multiple mods.

are you guys sure beta works with steam version???

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6626&pid=64753#pid64753

Run setup' date=' use post tutorial.

[/quote']

That seems to have worked, thanks. It offends my OCD a bit to run the game from a desktop shortcut to a .cmd file, rather than launching it through Steam, but I'll manage. Much obliged.

Thanks to LordOpeth for pointing me to sixupdater, but I have no idea how to work it. I guess I'll worry about it if and when I decide to try other Arma mods.

So, aside from making comms work better, which of the fixes have a real benefit with regards to DayZ specifically?