davidwomacks@gmail.com

use of cargo planes in Dayz

I was thinking it would be good if passenger planes and cargo planes like the Il-86 and il-76 (mods for arma 2) could be used in game to bring in guns and tanks ect for trade kinda setting up a whole black market economy in the game. I think adding tanks and fighter jets would be an asset not a detractor because in a world gone mad I can assure you that factions would get their hands on jets and tanks. I like the idea of getting my hands on a passenger plane and hauling people about for trade items then tradeing those items for fuel same goes for cargo planes trading tanks and guns for fuel and supplies. Just a thought but it would add somthing to the game as large trading factions would start wars with eachother causing complete havoc.

I like the idea of not having ANY military background at all when you're a survivor in this zombie apocalypse, and you can suddenly fly big ass cargo planes, and drive tanks with your teammates as a crew. Like it's not anything you will need to learn to do in real life either, you know.

• Like 1

Tanks would not be overpowered if they camped the coast killing new people or camped in a firestation. Of course.

Battlefield is that-a-way ----->

I think it would be cool to see smaller single engine planes spawn. Unless a pilot was really good it most likely would only be able to land at the airports. Limited landing spots = easier to capture or destroy. It won't be able to hover over a target and would have no weapons.

Well I would think that some pilots would have survived the apoc. I mean pilots are pretty common place I'm a pilot and I know alot of other pilots, there are thousands of us lol I would hope atleast one of would have made it lol. Besides adding cargo planes that have no guns ect wouldn't hurt things I mean what can they do beides haul cargo and drop a few troops. It would cause factions to hold bases and have alot of battles over these bases. Older Russian planes can be landed in fields even the big ones Russian planes are built like tanks so some planes could escape if a base was over run and retreved later if the base was taken back.

Edited by z06z33

I think it would be cool to see smaller single engine planes spawn. Unless a pilot was really good it most likely would only be able to land at the airports. Limited landing spots = easier to capture or destroy. It won't be able to hover over a target and would have no weapons.

+1

2 seater single prop light aircraft would be fantastic.

I would agree. If they added military vehicles, tanks, airplanes, etc....., it would be fun. Scenario: raiding an airfield. Send in two men to clear it out, then have them hold it. Fly in in your plane, and boom, you have an epic raid. Just wait for Arma 3, when the truly big changes will take place.

I would agree. If they added military vehicles, tanks, airplanes, etc....., it would be fun. Scenario: raiding an airfield. Send in two men to clear it out, then have them hold it. Fly in in your plane, and boom, you have an epic raid. Just wait for Arma 3, when the truly big changes will take place.

If zombies won't be able to damage the tank and airplane, what's the point of playing DayZ? In that case you might as well just play Arma 2, which is only PVP.... I also don't see how a regular civilian would be able to control a cargo plane alone, or a tank alone, or control it at all. I don't know how to fly a cargo plane in real life, and I wouldn't know if a zombie apocalypse broke out either. This just doesn't make sense.

I like the idea of not having ANY military background at all when you're a survivor in this zombie apocalypse, and you can suddenly fly big ass cargo planes, and drive tanks with your teammates as a crew. Like it's not anything you will need to learn to do in real life either, you know.

In Wisconsin you can drive a tank for an hour at JUST 100 BUCKS! CRUSH A CAR FOR 800!

Woo!

In Wisconsin you can drive a tank for an hour at JUST 100 BUCKS! CRUSH A CAR FOR 800!

Woo!

The driving wouldn't be the hard part, but I don't think an average person knows how to reload the cannon, aim the cannon, and so on lol. You would at least need 2-3 persons in a tank in Arma 2 to operate it right.

Ray guns! We need ray guns! :)

Phaser on stun, would solve the bandit crisis!

Edited by Ankhenaten

I don't want to see any more heavy military weapons and vehicles but an armored vehicle would be awesome. Since as50 is already op (3 hit a fucking heli? really?) maybe add Humvee and have only the as50 penetrate the plating

I would love a bigger diversity of weapons tbh. I want me a G36.

I'm not sure how I feel about tanks. I think there would have to be a better balance of anti artillery type weapons of they were added. Planes don't bother me, but fighter jets would be taking it too far IMO.

The driving wouldn't be the hard part, but I don't think an average person knows how to reload the cannon, aim the cannon, and so on lol. You would at least need 2-3 persons in a tank in Arma 2 to operate it right.

Whoever said that the tank needed to be armed? And no one said that the vehicles couldn't be damaged. There are plenty of non-lethal weapons systems (examples:LAVs with tear gas, and water cannons) that are used. Besides that there are plenty of civvie craft that can easily be flown.