Jason (DayZ)

Setting up camp

Hi, so my brother and I have been playing Day Z, and we came across tents :P

We were wondering can we setup two tents in an area, log off, come back on and if no1 found the tent, our items would still be there.

Does it go like this? Or, if you setup your tent, and log off, its gone?

Thanks for any help.

Nice, can i see if i got this right?

We both place our tents in a location. We have a weapon, food and medical supplies in it.

We decide to log off, and come back on about 8 hours later.

No one comes across the tent, so no looting takes place.

We go to our tents location, and its all still there?

Oh yeh, can anyone 'take' a tent if it has been set up?

Yes Jason that's how it works. IF it doesn't get looted. The amount of tents you find on roads and near buildings with loot in is amazing.. Put it out in a forest where the probability of people walking across it is low.

They cannot take your tent no just the things inside.

I can't seem to place a tent,a few of us are trying to set a camp up.

Is there a certain area or way to do it so it wont give the "not flat etc" error?

since the latest update, tent placing has become very difficult (If not impossible?)

Its impossible to place tent now.

Afer 50 mins spent in forest , I've been trying to place it in the midle of Bolota's airfield as an experiment.Apparently a road which serves for planes as a landing or take off zone is not flat enough.

Please,fix it Rocket,I had to throw compass and map away since I could not save it in tent.

Please' date='fix it Rocket,I had to throw compass and map away since I could not save it in tent.[/quote']

I second this: Placing a tent appears to be impossible right now :(

Also something to note. When you die while your tents are set up, you have two days to go and get your tent, and re-pitch it. There is an auto-deletion of tents after that. I guess that is to keep a million unused tents off the server to decrease lag.

Also something to note. When you die while your tents are set up' date=' you have two days to go and get your tent, and re-pitch it. There is an auto-deletion of tents after that. I guess that is to keep a million unused tents off the server to decrease lag.

[/quote']

this isn't the case in my experience. I have seen it documented elsewhere too but I recently hit a server I have not played on for well over a week to find my tents still intact and to my supprise still full of lootz \o/

Also something to note. When you die while your tents are set up' date=' you have two days to go and get your tent, and re-pitch it. There is an auto-deletion of tents after that. I guess that is to keep a million unused tents off the server to decrease lag.

[/quote']

this isn't the case in my experience. I have seen it documented elsewhere too but I recently hit a server I have not played on for well over a week to find my tents still intact and to my supprise still full of lootz \o/