LaubSauger

Suggestion: New Medical Feature - Splinting broken Legs

Hey folks, I came up with the idea mentionend in the thread title: the possibility of splinting broken legs

Imagine you're hiking in the hills, skipping a step, falling a bit and breaking your damn leg. You're screwed.

Naturally you don't have any morphine left to get you going again but hey look: there is a pile of wood in your backpack and a bandage too.

Why shouldn't you use your hatched and/or knife to build yourself a crude splint for your leg (like this but much simpler and obviously build out of wood)

Combined with a dose of those painkillers you should be able to atleast standup and make your way slooowly, limping to the next hospital or "doctor".

I guess the speed of limping could be somewhere between crawling and crouching maybe depending on whether you took painkillers or not.

I would love to see a feature like this!

One could extend the idea so that bandage+wood could be combined to a new item like a "ready to use splinting set" but only when you got a hatched / knife to build it.

What do you guys think about that?

Edited by LaubSauger
  • Like 2

I think Painkillers should make you able to walk for 15 minutes, but your idea is pretty good.

But the leg system is pretty broken. Pretty much anything can break your leg. Needs to be fixed

I like this idea, Its faster than crawling, but slower than running, i'd say it be walking speed, And this is reallistic and it would most likely be the thing i'd do if i broke my foot in real life and i didnt have any other medical supplies ^^,

I was thinking about this earlier, about where they could go with the medical system in the future. When base building is possible I'd like to see something like this. A broken leg will leave you only able to crawl. Splinting will allow you to stand/crouch and walk. Painkillers at regular intervals will let you move faster but not run full speed. Morphine will let you run at full speed, but is temporary. To fix the leg you either need to wait for it to heal while splinted, which takes x amount of time, or seek medical help and get surgery. Surgery would require the appropriate base set up, IV fluids, anaesthetic, sterile surgical tools, sutures, sterile dressings. All can be looted from hospitals.

Something like that.