lemme86@googlemail.com

script kiddie found i think

Found something strange in the Logs.

7:56:03 "LOGIN ATTEMPT: "34649478" ohneGNADE :: XSYST"

7:56:05 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',false,'23326977',[144,[4729.6,2988.55,0.00186157]],[["ItemFlashlight","ItemWatch","ItemToolbox","ItemGPS","Binocular","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemCompass","ItemMatchbox","ItemEtool","glock17_EP1","ItemHatchet","NVGoggles","BAF_L85A2_UGL_Holo"],[["ItemWaterbottle",29],"10Rnd_127x99_m107","10Rnd_127x99_m107","10Rnd_127x99_m107","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanPasta","ItemPainkiller","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",["17Rnd_9x19_glock17",12],"ItemBandage","ItemBandage",["17Rnd_9x19_glock17",13],["17Rnd_9x19_glock17",6],["17Rnd_9x19_glock17",6],"17Rnd_9x19_glock17","ItemBandage"]],["DZ_Backpack_EP1",[[],[]],[["ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemBloodbag","10Rnd_127x99_m107","FoodSteakCooked","ItemWaterbottle","HandGrenade_West","ItemHeatPack","ItemSodaCoke","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"],[1,3,3,2,2,1,1,1,1,2]]],[1352,3413,3413],"Survivor2_DZ",0.94]"

I dont think this Weapon is in DayZ. So i really would like to see his ass banned.

When another Admin would have a Tip to get his ID it would be great. My Rcon Tool wasn running so i couldnt catch it ID :(

And please all of the "you cannot ban bla bla" poster. Stop crying and dont write here Thanks.

When another Admin would have a Tip to get his ID it would be great. My Rcon Tool wasn running so i couldnt catch it ID :(

Uhm simply have a look in the server_console.log to get the id?!

Its not a script, its someone logging into the server, and the hive sends request for his gear. The weapon might not be in the game, but he might aswell have picked it up somewhere, and not spawned it.

Perfect example of why they need to limit what goes in the logs that admins are able to read. Most people have no clue what they're reading.

People really just shouldnt rent a server for a game that they have no clue how to manage.

• Like 2

Its not a script, its someone logging into the server, and the hive sends request for his gear. The weapon might not be in the game, but he might aswell have picked it up somewhere, and not spawned it.

Well didnt the devs state that the hive would only save legit weapons (so hacked weapons will despawn on join)? So how could it reply with an inventory which contains a weapon which is obviously not in DayZ atm.

Even apart from this: Of course he could just have picked it up - every admin has to decide for himself how he handles such cases

/edit:

People really just shouldnt rent a server for a game that they have no clue how to manage.

I disagree with you on that. Even if an admin would be willing to read stuff/tutorials on how to interpret logfiles I do not believe there is actually a good source with such information available right now

Edited by leepfrog
  • Like 1

Well didnt the devs state that the hive would only save legit weapons (so hacked weapons will despawn on join)? So how could it reply with an inventory which contains a weapon which is obviously not in DayZ atm.

Even apart from this: Of course he could just have picked it up - every admin has to decide for himself how he handles such cases

/edit:

I disagree with you on that. Even if an admin would be willing to read stuff/tutorials on how to interpret logfiles I do not believe there is actually a good source with such information available right now

Weapons still saves, camo and vehicles dont. The only weapons you can spawn in DayZ, are those that are still included in the classnames, most of them saves. Such as AS50 tws, m4a3 holo + sd + grenade launcher etc.

I know that this is only the Join message and that he hasnt spawned that on my Server.I have copied the join together that it is possible to see that he joined with it. That was not my Question.

But this Weapon isnt in Dayz and for that reason he is abusing. When he has taken that from another one who has scripted that is "wayne" and now his Problem. When other admins would be helpfull like leepfrog then the shame with this type of players would loose the fun really fast.

"In our Land we can drive cars when we know how to drive. We mustnt know how to build a car." Same thing with servers, i am willing to learn how all that stuff works and like helpful comments.

Trolls are ignored, thanks

Please remember that the only bans that can be legitimately placed by an admin is for racism and abusive language. All others must go through battleye for a global ban. Not doing this can result in your server being blacklisted. Its not trolling when you state simple facts.

Found something strange in the Logs.

7:56:03 "LOGIN ATTEMPT: "34649478" ohneGNADE :: XSYST"

7:56:05 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',false,'23326977',[144,[4729.6,2988.55,0.00186157]],[["ItemFlashlight","ItemWatch","ItemToolbox","ItemGPS","Binocular","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemCompass","ItemMatchbox","ItemEtool","glock17_EP1","ItemHatchet","NVGoggles","BAF_L85A2_UGL_Holo"],[["ItemWaterbottle",29],"10Rnd_127x99_m107","10Rnd_127x99_m107","10Rnd_127x99_m107","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanPasta","ItemPainkiller","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",["17Rnd_9x19_glock17",12],"ItemBandage","ItemBandage",["17Rnd_9x19_glock17",13],["17Rnd_9x19_glock17",6],["17Rnd_9x19_glock17",6],"17Rnd_9x19_glock17","ItemBandage"]],["DZ_Backpack_EP1",[[],[]],[["ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemBloodbag","10Rnd_127x99_m107","FoodSteakCooked","ItemWaterbottle","HandGrenade_West","ItemHeatPack","ItemSodaCoke","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"],[1,3,3,2,2,1,1,1,1,2]]],[1352,3413,3413],"Survivor2_DZ",0.94]"

I dont think this Weapon is in DayZ. So i really would like to see his ass banned.

And please all of the "you cannot ban bla bla" poster. Stop crying and dont write here Thanks.

Oh man this made me laugh! I see those everyday, people with weapons I have never even come across, I've killed people with weapons like L15 sniper, and some other things, as much as I'd love to ban them... I can't its not under our hands, the rules of DayZ for admins are a bit dull, but you can not ban anyone without legitimate proof of them using a script/caught on video/ pictured...

Now ill let most admins here know a quick sneak a peak to what I do, and how I register bans accordingly, now a lot of the hackers will read this, but its good I guess... Let them be frightened, the best way to administer bans is actually very simple, everyone here knows that battleye cannot ban with a script bypass being used, now the good thing about us admins, is we have access both to the console, and the script logs now a person using the bypass does not get logged in the script logs, it does not show that this person even logged into the script logs, but the main server logs, the console, shows that this person logged into with this GUID, as soon as u see that he did not log in through Battleye it means he is using a script, and I am 100% positive that he is bypassing Battleye...there you go now go ban people :) I reached about 30 people in about 1 week...

But hey this is my theory, because its impossible for everyone in the server to be logged in on both console, and battleye, but only a handful of people logged in through console, but not battleye...

• Like 2

But hey this is my theory, because its impossible for everyone in the server to be logged in on both console, and battleye, but only a handful of people logged in through console, but not battleye...

Your theory sounds logical to me. :)

I will keep an eye on that on my server.

Hopefully my theory does prove worthy enough for the Devz

• Like 1

But what if the cheater applies the bypass after loading into game?

You can not apply a bypass after you enter the game, that is an automatic Global ban/death sentence for the person doing it... Many hackers have forgotten to switch it on before they enter the server, and start using scripts inside the server, those are easily caught by us, and Battleye, but then the people who use the Bypass before I believe its the only way... You wont get in trouble for banning a ghost ;)

he's absolutely right. players can spoof their playerID, and that's what battleeye coorelates to your GUID. here is the kicker - if a player spoofs their playerID, and also avoids battleye - banning them won't do much because they can just spoof a new playerId next time they connect.