Sign in to follow this  
gav

Can My PC Run it?

Ok I ordered a new Budget PC and I want to know will It run Arma II & DayZ pretty good? Also I'm computarded when it comes to this stuff ^^

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 1GB GTX 550

CPU Upgrades: Intel i5 2500 - 4 Cores - 3.3Ghz

System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

I'm sorry if I should not post this here but I'm not sure where to put it ;)

Ok I ordered a new Budget PC and I want to know will It run Arma II & DayZ pretty good? Also I'm computarded when it comes to this stuff ^^

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 1GB GTX 550

CPU Upgrades: Intel i5 2500 - 4 Cores - 3.3Ghz

System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

I'm sorry if I should not post this here but I'm not sure where to put it ;)

Google "Can You Run It" and it will bring you to a website where they will be able to tell you, just select Arma II OA in the dropdown menu.

• Like 1

yes...

have you checked the GTX 570? I think its will be better and the price won't change too much.

Asus GTX 570 DCII maybe?

ohh just checked, there will be change in price... NVM then

Edited by DooM4MR
  • Like 1

It wont run it 'good'. My brother has a GTX 560 ti, quad core CPU with a higher speed, same amount of ram and an SSD he can run DayZ max settings at around 40-50 FPS in the forests but in towns around 15-20 which is laggy as hell, being on lowest settings he can get almost 30-35 in towns, so it can run it yes but not on highest settings without lag.

• Like 1

It wont run it 'good'. My brother has a GTX 560 ti, quad core CPU with a higher speed, same amount of ram and an SSD he can run DayZ max settings at around 40-50 FPS in the forests but in towns around 15-20 which is laggy as hell, being on lowest settings he can get almost 30-35 in towns, so it can run it yes but not on highest settings without lag.

Ok thats fine by me :)

And to other I do not have the PC yet I ordered it though. ;) I can upgrade in the near future if I need to but Im on a strict budget for now!

it should run smooth on max at 1920*1080 with that setup

• Like 1

if I can run it on legacy geforce 8800 gtx and legacy quadcore cpu(that is not even "i") - on medium graphycs and 20-30 fps Im pretty sure OP question is pretty silly

Edited by evkol001

if I can run it on legacy geforce 8800 gtx and legacy quadcore cpu(that is not even "i") - on medium graphycs and 20-30 fps Im pretty sure OP question is pretty silly

You'll be running DX9, big difference there, DX10 cripples my gts250 so I force dx9 with the -winxp switch

You'll be running DX9, big difference there, DX10 cripples my gts250 so I force dx9 with the -winxp switch

his videocard is far better then yours and my together combined. and i5 processor. and he have ddr3 ram.

so I dont see the point of his question but just to brag. not best computer but still very good.

I doubt person who own a modern gaming computer do not know what its capable of.

If I would have that computer I would twik it so smothly that DayZ would fly in my hands

Edited by evkol001

The GTX 55* series is a flop, get a 560 ti or 460/6850.