Sign in to follow this  
{sas}silentkiller

Wanted! dead Bandits

My views on bandits has swung from I hate bandits to you have to curb the bandit activity through some ingame mechanic, I then saw the explanation of the MOD by Rocket saying on the lines of "this is an experiment to see what happens" which changed my view to bandits are here & how can you counter act them.

I come from a slightly unique situation, as our clan has the privilege of hosting this MOD, so when I log on, I log on to the same server, so I personally feel (and other clan members feel the same) that we are responsible for the happiness of the people who come on our server.

With this in mind I would love to see an implementation of some sort of WANTED! list which is server specific, so, subject to the person having at least 1 murder within the last hour they can be added by anyone on the server, this would stay for say a week, if in that time no-one has reported murderous activity by this person (so if you can get away with not being named, you won't be added), they will automatically drop off the list, you would not be able to add players who have no murders in that time frame either.

This would obviously give people who want to "police" a server the ability, whatever the server they drop into the ability to look for bandits specifically.

You could even get a tag, "Enforcer" if you kill a certain number in a certain amount of time.

On any other game this would effectively be a list of banned players regulated by the server admin. But, because we are not allowed the kick players who TK, then why not make it another gameplay option. So, you would have enforcers (who delibratly go out of their way to hunt wanted people on the server), survivors (who just go around killing zombies & avoiding pvp contact) & Bandits (who kill people for many different reasons).

Good but impractical i think, there's no way for system to visually ID bandit or player, everyone looks like "friendly survivor" clone now...

With no "global" communication how would this be spread on the server..

Also.. on the Hardcore servers (the only way to play)...i dont see how you can see the name of the player killing you or any tag at all..

The hole point about removing the bandit skinn is that in the real world .. you dont get a "bandit skinn" except maybe a prison suite..

As this is still just a early experiment and the focus in on realisem, i realy don't see how this would work.

thinker..

I do like the ide of hanging dead bandits around thoo.

Even as a Bandit I like this idea' date=' being an outlaw is cool

[/quote']

Glad you like it bandit scum :P

I'll make you a little sherrif badge, just so I can take it off your dead body.

Indeed, bandit activity is rather high. I either struggle to find loot or when I find a decent area to get some after prolonged time there's a bandit there to kill me. That's the way it goes but it is still very frustrating, especially since I believe the whole 'Server lag' issue comes about.

I find myself with my Makrov emptying a clip or two into a bandit who's sat still, only to have them one shot or two shot me. Frankly if the shooting was fixed, I'd be having a much better time.

Problems with the Wanted feature have already been said and I do agree. Though it is a great idea to have some kind of 'outlaw' status for them. It's very hard to think of a feature that sort of puts a bit of pressure on the bandits without it being silly and unfair.

This obviously wouldn't work in hardcore, but hardcore is basically deathmatch, so everybody is pretty much a bandit anyway.

I would envision, a drop down list like the one when you press P. showing who has been identified as a bandit.

Has the bandit tag next to the name been completely taken away or just the skin?

I'll make you a little sherrif badge, just so I can take it off your dead body.
not a bad idea!