Sign in to follow this  
Rowson

Banned for what reason? server: GB #00 (1.7.2.4/95417) [VET][GMT+1] Multiplay :: UK Server - www.ziip.co.uk

So trying to connect to the server that I have played most on the last few days, and I've actually managed to set up a camp on, I get a message that I have been banned, for Hacking..

Only thing that was out of the ordinary last night playing was being kicked once for having too high ping. But I can't see that as a valid reason for a ban.

If any admin on this server could please inform me on this ban I would be thankful.

Edit:

Should add in that the last time I played on this server was last night at around midnight to 02:00 (GMT)

Edited by Rowson

I was recently banned from this server. Admins were pretty helpful and will no doubt resolve your problemo.

Ah thank you for the relief.

Just have to wait for one of them to stop by the forums now I suppose.

Cheers mate, I'll try over there later when i get home.

When I checked earlier I did not notice the forums! sorry

Hi from ZiiP.

You are suspected to be part of a team of three of the early hours of this morning, and at least one of you was hacking. We cannot be sure if all of you was hacking or just one.

I will talk to one of the server admins, but ZiiP are getting pretty pissed with hackers now so i would not hold your breath, even if you was not hacking your self you was at least working with one.

The ban was from a result of:

Teleporting a truck with the entire ZiiP squad in and wiping us out with illegal weapons such as the AS50-Thermal.

So as the most recent hack that is plaguing this mod allows hackers to spoof IP's and GUID's of other players in the server.

Making it appear in the logs another player has hacked via scripts and not them, how exactly can you prove it was the OP?

Hi Rowson,

I'm an Admin on the ZiiP.co.uk server. This ban was made by mistake, and you have been unbanned from the server, you were caught up in a mass hack of our server and while trying to sort it out your GUID was added to the ban list mistakenly. Please accept our apologies for this, we have now put different procedures in place in regards to handing out bans.

We're trying our very best to keep the server as free from hackers as we can so that everyone can have a the best gaming experience possible. Unfortunately due to the insane levels of hacking were seeing at the moment (one or two every hour), and the BI/DayZ teams lethargy in regards to fixing/banning them, from time to time an innocent player may get caught up in the maelstrom. Again, please accept our sincere apologies for this.

Regards

Tok

Hey cheers guys,

I appreciate your efforts of trying to keep the servers clean, I can see the frustration this might be for admins in DayZ right now.

Hope you got the guy!

just a question to mr admins on this server.

isnt it possible for you to check the server logs? there is always something wierd in the server log that shows that a person is hacking.

on my server for exampel was a guy who only had loads of errors in his profile.cfg, HIVE couldnt find his profile.cfg for some reason. later on when it was me and a few others from my clan Im playing in he teleported around us and killed us.(only him vs my friends) ban hammer on his nuts :P