Sign in to follow this  
slade_z

Having problems as admin, please somone help me!

Hey guys, im really hoping somone can help me out here.

So me and my clan started renting a day z server (from clanforge if this helps) everything has been fine for the few days we have had it, up till today.

Whats been happening is a guy logs on, and somehow manages to get access to the admin page, I assume ingame. he then proceedes to spam kick people from the server. I banned the guy responible from the console on the clanforge web page, however this "hacker" is able to unban himself, and repeat the process.

This forced me to shutdown our server, and I kept it off for about 2 hours, which on a saturday, when our clan members want to play, is not the best solution.

After a 2 hour downtime, I changed all admin passwords and restarted the server, and after 5 minutes, another guy logs in and does the same thing!

I tried downloading and using a program called BERcon which was meant to allow me to IP ban the people responsible, however I am unable to make the commands work.

(using http://community.bis...m/wiki/BattlEye as reference)

I read that I would be able to impliment some form of script that would kick a player from the server if they tried to access the ingame admin page, however after much time trying to google for help, I am still none the wiser, and unable to prevent these players ruining our server. I have been searching these forums and still haven't come up with much information to help. If there is someone here that is clued in with what preventative measures I can take as an admin to combat these "hackers" I would really love to chat with you! I am available on skype or you can just help me in this thread or we can take it to PM's

I have emailed the server host clanforge 3 times today about this, and still have not recieved any response from them.

As for now, unfortunately our server will have to remain down until I can resolve this issue.

P.S. sorry for the long post, but I'm really at my wits end with this and wanted to relay all pertinent information.

Edited by slade_z

Download this file: http://cdn.armafiles...fig/scripts.txt

And put it in /cfgdayz/BattlEye.

The password is in the mail you got from the dayz devs.

After that restart the server.

Ingame admin page should be blocked, also some other scripts.

Edited by DomiStyle

You sure you dont have any keylogger stuff on your computer?

Scanned it with multiple programs?

There is apparently a script out there which can steal admin password from within Arma, so that's how they were probably doing it.

Hackers these days.. They can't just go spawn everything they need, no they have to literally ruin servers!

Download this file: http://cdn.armafiles...fig/scripts.txt

And put it in /dayzconfig/BattlEye.

The password is in the mail you got from the dayz devs.

After that restart the server.

Ingame admin page should be blocked, also some other scripts.

Thanks for your reply, but I do not have any mail from the day z devs. I assume that my server host, clanforge, would have this information, so i guess I should send them a fourth email.. And secondly I also have no dayzconfig/BattleEye folder :/

Thanks for your reply, but I do not have any mail from the day z devs. I assume that my server host, clanforge, would have this information, so i guess I should send them a fourth email.. And secondly I also have no dayzconfig/BattleEye folder :/

Oops, I meant /cfgdayz/BattlEye

Here is the scripts file:

//new
1 addAction !"\"addAction\"," !"_action1 = _unit addAction [localize \"str_actions_medical_01", \"\z\addon" !"s_player_grabflare = player addAction [format[localize \"str_actions_medical_15\",_te" !"raddAction = 'addAction'" !"raddActioncode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'addAction.sqf')"
1 addBackpack !"\"addBackpack\"," !"player addBackpack _backpackType;" !"_newUnit addBackpack _newBackpackType;" !"player addBackpack _bcpk;" !"_holder addbackpackcargoGlobal [_x,(_objWpnQty select _countr)];"
1 addEventHandler !"\"addEventHandler !"\"displayAddEventHandler\"," !"(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler [\"\"KeyDown\"\",\"\"_this call dayz_spaceInterrupt\"\"];" //!"(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler [" //!"(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler [\"KeyDown\",\"_this call dayz_spaceInterrupt\"];"
5 addGroupIcon !"\"addGroupIcon\","
1 addMagazine !"\"addMagazine\"," !"player addMagazine 'crowbar_swing';" !"raddMagazine = 'addMagazine'" !"raddMagazinecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'addMagazine.sqf')" !"raddMagazineCargo = 'addMagazineCargo'" !"raddMagazineCargocode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'addMagazineCargo.sqf')"
1 addPublicVariableEventHandler !"\"addPublicVariableEventHandler\"," !"DynamicWeather_DebugTextEventArgs\" addPublicVariableEventHandler {" !"\"remExField" addPublicVariableEventHandler {_this call BIS_MPF_remoteExecution" !"\"dayzSetFuel\" addPublicVariableEventHandler {(_this select" !"\"drn_DynamicWeather_DebugTextEventArgs\" addPublicVariableEventHandler {" !"\"dayzSetFuel\" addPublicVariableEventHandler {(_this select"
1 addRating !"\"addRating\","
1 addResources !"\"addResources\","
1 addSwitchableUnit !"\"addSwitchableUnit\"," !"addSwitchableUnit _newUnit;" !"addSwitchableUnit dayz_originalPlayer;"
5 addWaypoint !"\"addWaypoint\","
1 allowDamage !"\"allowDamage\"," !"player allowDamage true;" !"_object allowDamage false;"
1 allowDammage !"\"allowDammage\"," !"this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this "
1 attachTo !"\"attachTo\"," !"_point attachTo [_unit,_modelPos,_wound];" !"_fl attachto [_v,[0,0,0],\"destructionEffect2\"];" _dragee attachto [_unit,[0.1, 1.01, 0]];
1 createDialog !"\"createDialog\"," !"createDialog \"RscDisplayGenderSelect\";"
1 createMarker !"\"createMarkerLocal\"," !"\"createMarker\"," !"rcreateMarkerLocal = 'createMarkerLocal'" !"rcreateMarkerLocalcode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'createMarkerLocal.sqf')"
1 createMenu !"\"createMenu\"," !"if (isnil 'BIS_fnc_createmenu' || false) then {"
1 createSimpleTask !"\"createSimpleTask\"," !"rcreateSimpleTask = 'createSimpleTask'" !"rcreateSimpleTaskcode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'createSimpleTask.sqf')"
1 createVehicle !"\"createVehicle\"," !"_point = \"Logic" createVehicleLocal getPosATL _unit;\" !"_object = _type createVehicleLocal _position;" !"_fl = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal getpos _v;"
1 DisableUserInput !"\"DisableUserInput\"," !"disableUserInput false;"
1 editorSetEventHandler !"\"editorSetEventHandler\","
1 enableSimulation !"\"enableSimulation\"," !"this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this" !"dayz_originalPlayer enableSimulation true;"
1 inGameUISetEventHandler !"\"inGameUISetEventHandler\","
1 onPlayerConnected !"\"onPlayerConnected\"," !"textLogFormat [\"MPF_Client JIPonPlayerConnectedSendJIPrequest" !"ca\Modules\MP\data\scripts\JIPonPlayerConnectedSendJIPrequest.sqf"
1 onPlayerDisconnected !"\"OnPlayerDisconnected\","
1 PublicVariable !"\"PublicVariable\"," !"publicVariable \"dayzDiscoRem\";" !"publicVariable \"dayzPlayerSave\";" !"publicVariable _playerObjName;" !"publicVariable \"BIS_MPF_logic\";" !"publicVariable \"usecEpi\";" !"publicVariable \"remExFP\";" !"publicVariable \"dayzLogin\";" !"publicVariable \"dayzLogin2\";" !"publicVariable \"dayzHitV\";" !"\"drn_DynamicWeather_DebugTextEventArgs\" addPublicVariableEventHandler {" !"publicVariable \"dayzUpdateVehicle\";"
1 removeAllEventHandlers !"\"removeAllEventHandlers\","
1 sendTask !"\"sendTask\","
1 serverCommand !"\"serverCommand\","
1 setCurrentTask !"\"setCurrentTask\"," !"rsetCurrentTask = 'setCurrentTask'" !"rsetCurrentTaskcode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setCurrentTask.sqf')" !"rsetCurrentTaskArrays = 'setCurrentTaskArrays'" !"rsetCurrentTaskArrayscode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setCurrentTaskArrays"
1 setDamage !"\"setDamage\"," !"_vehicle setDamage 0;" !"player setdamage 0;" !"if (alive player) then { player SetDamage 1;};"
1 setDammage !"\"setDammage\","
1 setDate !"\"setDate\"," !"rsetDate = 'setDate'" !"rsetDatecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setDate.sqf')"
1 setFog !"\"setFog\"," !"0 setFog _currentFog;"
1 setFuel !"\"setFuel\"," !"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_setFuel.sqf" !"\"dayzSetFuel\""
1 setHit !"\"setHit\"," !"object_setHitServer = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers \"\z" !"player setHit[\"legs\",1];" !"_unit setHit[\"legs\",0];" !"_unit setHit[\"hands\",0];" !"_unit setHit[_selection,_damage];"
5 setMarkerPos !"\"setMarkerPos\"," !"\"setMarkerPosLocal\"," !"rsetMarkerPosLocal = 'setMarkerPosLocal'" !"rsetMarkerPosLocalcode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setMarkerPosLocal.sqf')"
1 setOverCast !"\"setOverCast\"," !"0 setOvercast _currentOvercast;"
1 setPosATL !"\"setPosATL\"," !"player setPosATL _mylastPos;" !"player setPosATL dayz_spawnPos;" !"player setPosATL _setPos;" !"_item setPosATL _ipos;" !"player setPosATL [-2148,6655,0];" !"_agent setPosATL _position;" !"_bolt setPosATL _endPos;"
1 setVariable !"\"setVariable\"," !"_x setVariable[\"lastAttack\",time];" !"player setVariable[\"USEC_lowBlood\"," !"player setVariable [\"temperature\",dayz_temperatur," !"_x setVariable [\"zombied\",objNull,true];" !"_x setVariable [\"cleared\"," !"_agent setVariable [_name, _value];" !"player setVariable[\"medForceUpdate\"," !"player setVariable [\"bodyName\",dayz_playerName,true];" !"uiNamespace setVariable ['DAYZ_GUI_display', _this select 0];" !"_agent setvariable [\"state\",_state];" !"uinamespace setvariable ['BIS_InfoText',_this select 0]" "_agent setvariable [\"state\",_state];" !"_item setVariable [\"created\",(DateToNumber date),true];" !"_unit setVariable [\"myDest\",_pos];" !"player setVariable [\"messing\",[dayz_hunger,dayz_thirst],true];" !"_hitter setVariable[\"headShots\",(_headShots + 1),true];" !"_hitter setVariable["\firedHit\",[_zed,_selection],true];" !"_hitter setVariable["\firedDamage\",_damage,true];" !"_killer setVariable[_type,(_kills + 1),true];" !"_zombie setVariable [\"targets\"," !"_group setVariable [\"targets\"," !"_unit setVariable [\"hit_legs\",0];" !"_unit setVariable [\"hit_hands\",0];" !"_unit setVariable [_strH,_damage,true];"
1 setVehicleInit !"\"setVehicleInit\","
1 setWind !"\"setWint\"," !"setWind [_currentWindX, _currentWindZ, true];"
5 addAmmo !"\"addAmmo\","
5 addMagazinePool !"\"addMagazinePool\","
5 addMagazineTurret !"\"addMagazineTurret\","
5 addMPEventHandler !"\"addMPEventHandler\","
5 clearPlayerInit !"\"clearPlayerInit\","
1 clearVehicleInit !"\"clearVehicleInit\"," !"clearVehicleInit _v;"
5 commandFSM !"\"commandFSM\","
5 disableTIEquipment !"\"disableTIEquipment\","
5 doFSM !"\"doFSM\","
5 EjectPlayer !"\"EjectPlayer\","
5 enableCamShake !"\"enableCamShake\","
5 enableTeamSwitch !"\"enableTeamSwitch\","
5 fireAtTarget !"\"fireAtTarget\","
5 onCommandModeChanged !"\"onCommandModeChanged\","
5 onMapSingleClick !"\"onMapSingleClick\","
5 onTeamSwitch !"\"onTeamSwitch\","
5 openDSInterface !"\"openDSinterface\"," !"if (_lbselected == \"DSInterface\") then {openDSInterface;};"
1 processInitCommands !"\"processInitCommands\","
5 setAmmoCargo !"\"setAmmoCargo\","
5 setFSMVariable !"\"setFSMvariable\","
5 SetFuelCargo !"\"setFuelCargo\","
1 setGroupIconsVisible !"\"setGroupIconsVisible\","
5 setObjectProxy !"\"setObjectProxy\","
5 setPosASL2 !"\"setPosASL2\","
5 setRepairCargo !"\"setRepairCargo\","
5 setUnconscious !"\"setUnconscious\","
5 setVehicleAmmo !"\"setVehicleAmmo\","
5 setVehicleArmor !"\"setVehicleArmor\","
5 setVehicleLock !"\"setVehicleLock\","
5 setVehiclePos !"\"setVehiclePos\","
5 setViewDistance !"\"setViewDistance\","
5 setWeaponReloadingTime !"\"setWeaponReloadingTime\","
5 setWeaponState !"\"setWeaponState\","
5 skipTime !"\"skipTime\"," !"rskiptime = 'skiptime'" !"rskiptimecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'skiptime.sqf')"
5 teamSwitch !"\"teamSwitch\","
5 waypointVisible !"\"waypointVisible\","
1 putWeaponPool !"\"putWeaponPool\","
1 visiblePosition !"\"visiblePosition\","
1 setTerrainGrid !"\"setTerrainGrid\","
1 WorldToScreen !"\"WorldToScreen\","
1 ScreenToWorld !"\"ScreenToWorld\","
5 loadFile !"\"loadFile\","
1 selectNoPlayer !"\"selectNoPlayer\"," !"selectNoPlayer;"
5 createLocation !"\"createLocation\","
5 openMap !"\"openMap\","
1 addWeapon !"\"addWeapon\"," !"player addWeapon \"Loot\";" !"player addWeapon "Flare";" !"raddWeapon = 'addWeapon'" !"raddWeaponcode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'addWeapon.sqf')" !"raddWeaponCargocode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'addWeaponCargo.sqf')"
1 hideObject !"\"hideObject\"" !"rhideObject = 'hideObject'" !"rhideObjectcode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'hideObject.sqf')"
1 JIPexec !"\"JIPexec\"," !"rJIPexec = 'JIPexec'" !"rJIPrequestcode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'JIPrequest.sqf')"
1 JIPrequest !"\"JIPrequest\"," !"rJIPrequest = 'JIPrequest'" !"rJIPexeccode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'JIPexec.sqf')"
5 setCaptive !"\"setCaptive\"," !"rsetCaptive = 'setCaptive'" !"rsetCaptivecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setCaptive.sqf')"
1 clearMagazineCargo !"\"clearMagazineCargo\"," !"rclearMagazineCargo = 'clearMagazineCargo'" !"rclearMagazineCargocode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'clearMagazineCargo.sqf"
1 clearWeaponCargo !"\"clearWeaponCargo\"," !"rclearWeaponCargo = 'clearWeaponCargo'" !"rclearWeaponCargocode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'clearWeaponCargo.sqf')"
5 onDoubleClick !"\"onDoubleClick\","
1 addWeaponCargoGlobal !"\"addWeaponCargoGlobal\"," !"_holder addweaponcargoGlobal [_x,(_objWpnQty select _countr)];" !"dayz_myBackpack addWeaponCargoGlobal [_x,(_backpackWpnQtys select _countr)];"
1 addMagazineCargoGlobal !"\"addMagazineCargoGlobal\"," !"holder addmagazinecargoGlobal [_x,(_objWpnQty select _countr)];" !"_firePlace addMagazineCargoGlobal [\"PartWoodPile\",_qty];" !"dayz_myBackpack addmagazineCargoGlobal [_x,(_backpackmagQtys select _countr)];" !"dayz_myBackpack addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,(_backpackMagQty select _countr)];"
1 addBackpackCargoGlobal !"\"addBackpackCargoGlobal\"," !"_holder addbackpackcargoGlobal [_x,(_objWpnQty select _countr)];"
1 addWeaponCargo !"\"addWeaponCargo\"," !"raddWeaponCargo = 'addWeaponCargo'" !"raddWeaponCargocode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'addWeaponCargo.sqf')" !"_item addWeaponCargoGlobal [_iItem,1];" !"dayz_myBackpack addWeaponCargoGlobal [_x,(_backpackWpnQtys select _countr)];"
// test
//1 "if (alive player) then { player SetDamage 1;};" //happens on death
1 limitSpeed !"\"limitSpeed\","
1 setOwner !"\"setOwner\","
//might be too spammy for now
//1 call !"\"call\","
//1 spawn !"\"spawn\","
1 compile !"\"compile\"," !"\"z\addons\dayz_code\compile" !"\"z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf" !"_this call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers 'ca\ui\scripts\ui_loadingText.sqf';" !"_recompile" !"\"call compile format[\"\"player%1 = player;\"\",_playerUID];\"" !"call compile format[\"\"player%1 = player;\"\",_playerUID];" !"call compile format[\"player%1 = player;\",_playerUID];" !"'] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'ca\Warfare2\Scripts" !"= compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'ca\modules\function" !"'_dummy']; _dummy = [_this,'initDialog'] call compile preprocessFile '\ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf'"
//1 exec !"\"exec\","
//1 execVM !"\"execVM\","
//1 execFSM !"\"execFSM\","
//1 setDir !"\"setDir\","
1 setVectorUp !"\"setVectorUp\"," !"_bolt setVectorUp _vUp;"
1 SetVectorDir !"\"SetVectorDir\"," !"_obj setVectorDirAndUp [_vdir, _vup];"
1 setVectorDirAndUp !"\"setVectorDirAndUp\"," !"_obj setVectorDirAndUp [_vdir, _vup];"
1 setVelocity !"\"setVelocity\"," !"_character setVelocity [0,0,100];" !"_car setvelocity [1,0,0];" !"_object setvelocity [1,0,0];" !"_vehicle setvelocity [0,0,1];"
1 setVelocityTransformation !"\"setVelocityTransformation\","
//1 selectPlayer !"\"selectPlayer\","
1 isServer !"\"isServer\"," !"if ((_persistent) && (!_error) && (isServer)) then" !"if (isServer) then {BIS_DEBUG_MPF_SERVERORCLIENT = "(server)";} else {BIS_DEBUG_MPF_SERVERORCLIENT = "(c)";};"
1 isDedicated !"\"isDedicated\","
//little tries
1 "player action"
1 "vehicle player setPos"
1 "vehicle player setPosASL"
5 "(vehicle player) addEventHandler [\"handleDamage\", { false }];"
5 "player addEventHandler [\"handleDamage\", { false }];"
5 "attachObject player"
1 "(vehicle player) setPos"
1 "(vehicle player) setPosASL"
//various
5 "hint format [\"A %1 has been added\", gun]"
5 "vehicle player setpos _pos;"
5 "marker2 setMarkerPosLocal (getPos veh)"
1 "private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy =" !"private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy = [_this,\"onLBSelChanged\"] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf\";" !"private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy = [_this,\"onLBListSelChanged\"] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf\";" !"private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy = [_this,\"onKillFocus"] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf\";" !"private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy = [_this,\"onKeyDown\",0,107,0,107] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf\";"
5 "marker2 = createMarkerLocal [marker2,getPos veh];"
5 "marker2 = \"VehMarker\" + (str i);"
1 "private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy" !"private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy = [_this,\"onLBSelChanged\"] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf\";" !"private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy = [_this,\"onLBListSelChanged\"] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf\";" !"private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy = [_this,\"onKillFocus"] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf\";" !"private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy = [_this,\"onKeyDown\",0,107,0,107] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf\";"
5 _markerMirador
5 TKCV1_0\TKCOWNS.sqf
5 "[_this,\"players\"] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf\";"
5 "_v addweapon \"A"+\"A1"+\"2_PM\"+\"C\"; _v addmagazine \"20R\"+\"nd"
//not much of use
5 Bo_Mk82
1 htelepos
1 Teleport
1 Trigger !"call BIS_fnc_inTrigger" !"if (isnil 'BIS_fnc_sceneCreateSceneTrigger' || false) then {"
5 aa12
5 azp85
5 bomblauncher
5 teled
5 U-NO-
5 gau
5 "God mode"
5 GodMode
5 hacks
5 Infammo
5 "Infinite Ammo"
5 InfiniteAmmo
5 Killplayer
5 m1a1
5 M1A2_TUSK_MG
5 OwnageMenu
//names useless
5 Darky
5 Vojtec
5 MrMedic
//5 Loki //too short, might cause another useless ban
//5 Alex //triggers at locALEXec, useless anyway
5 Alexenderp$ck
5 Gerk
5 Troopman
5 Troopmon
5 Alexenderpack

Oops, I meant /cfgdayz/BattlEye

Here is the scripts file:

Ok, so I also dont have this folder, again I assume my server host has it. However from their external webpage/console I see that I am able to upload "script" files into this folder, so my next question is, if I was to copy and paste the whole script text you posted, into a new notepad document, and call it say serverprotection.txt or some such thing, would this work? or should I add it to the existing script.txt file that I see in this folder? The existing looks similar to what you posted.

I apolgise if my questions seem "dumb" or "noobish" but im new to this whole admin thing, and I just want to be able to run my server without everyone being kicked all the time :P

Thanks once again DomiStyle

Ok, Ive replaced the scripts.txt file on clanforge with a "copy paste" of what you posted for me DomiStyle. Thanks very much!

I'll restart my server and play for a bit, and see if I get any more of these anti social admin hackers again, if I have more problems I will report back here

*EDIT*

I just tried to open the admin page from in game, and I got kicked instantly so fingers crossed this worked and will now prevent repeats of earlier!

Thanks a million DomiStyle! <3

Edited by slade_z