Sutekh

Six updater down

Hi

I cant join any servers, getting this error: System.net.web.exception: The remote name could not be resolved: 'download.six.updater.net"

I try their webb page: www.six-updater.net, its down.

All the servers are grey and i cant click on them or join them, I am alone with this problem?

I got the exact same problem, yet no idea how to solve it.

Dont know whether this works for you, but i loaded the latest six-updater via proxy site (www.hidemyass.com for example)

EDIT: Doesn't work, i got the new six updater, but unfortunately it gives me a load of errors when i start it

Edited by pheyl

I got the problem too! Never had any problems but now? -_- Get this fixed pleeease

The think with dayzcommander is just that it doesnt update dayz. So you always have to look for updates..

Ok guys dont know if this is for any help but here goes, so i finally decided to uninstall everything including (Steam: Arma 2, Arma 2 OA & Six Updater), i dl Arma 2 & Arma 2 OA new in steam and just started both games as administrator once to be sure (as they say in the installation site on dayz) i downloaded a new six updater and installed that one, now i could finally get in the six updater without any problems, however, when starting Six Launcher the same web extension error pops up, BUT! i clicked it to hell and the launcher continues to finding servers, and to my sad face the launcher finally found all the servers and they are playable. I've played for 1 hour without problems and tried to close the launcher and start it up again and it still works.

To conclude try to reinstall everything and do the procedures correctly.

1. uninstall arma 2 & OA & six updater.

2. install Arma 2 & OA

3. Start arma 2 & OA as Administrator, just so you get to the start menu in game.

4. Install six updater, start six updater then close (so it can update).

5. start six launcher, the same error pop window will/might come back but just click it out so it continues to finding server list and that should do the problem.

Altough i just got it working so it might crash back down to error message again but its worth a try, until admins or support tells us whats going on with the error message so many ppl are experiencing.

Will post later tonight how it goes.