Sign in to follow this  
bladeslayer567

how to reduce lag

I've noticed some servers are just extremely laggy. I sometimes get really low fps when joining these servers. Try a couple others and see if thats better.

Hi, welcome to dayz. I agree with malachi, turn off post processing in your video options. That does help. I have a high spec pc but a low spec broadband, so I turn my options down anyway and that helps. :thumbsup:

These last 3 or 4 days lag has been bad all over the net, not just dayz. I don't mean the usual busy times, I mean insanely slow and laggy yet broadband tests show I'm getting the best ever connection. Makes no sense.

Manufacturer Name : Intel Corporation

Chip Type : Mobel Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Approx. Total Memory : 358 MB

Sorry, stayed up as late as this old man could last night :P

Ouch, that's an integrated or "on-board" video card. I am not sure how well you will be able to handle the game in general. Best I can still suggest at this point is that you load Singleplayer and enter The Armory and just turn all of your video settings as low as possible. You'll just have to cross your fingers and hope you can get a reasonable framerate to play, but DayZ can be a demanding program and I have high-end machines running it.

Nah - it'll be your specs

is it becuz i downloaded the arma 2 free version? is it why im lagging that bad?

No, if anything Arma Free would be your best option because it has lower res textures than the paid for game. I don't think you're gonna have much luck running it on your laptop with a intergrated graphics chip like that i'm afraid. You'd probably get better results building a budget desktop for $300 if that's a option?

is it becuz i downloaded the arma 2 free version? is it why im lagging that bad?

No, the ArmA 2 Free version of the game is just a stripped down, low-rez version of ArmA II. If you can't run that, your system is probably not up to snuff for DayZ unfortunately.