Figured i may as well post a list of weapons that ive encountered along with notes on them, feel free to add to this list as ive not yet found everything (Not a single NATO weapon >.>)

Pistols

.45 Revolver

Accuracy: low

Range: low

Rate of Fire: Semi - medium

Shots to Kill a Zombie: 1

Magazine: 6

Comments: A solid sidearm, great stopping power. Shares rounds with the m1911

Makarov

Range: Low

Rate of fire: Semi - High

Shots to kill a zombie: 3

Magazine: 8

Comments: An acceptable sidearm, but low mag size and stopping power holds it back. Ammo is everywhere though.

Glock 19

Accuracy: Low

Shots to kill a zombie - 3

Magazine - 18

Comments: A pretty decent all around sidearm, its main letdown is its stopping power. The size of the magazine makes up for this however. Ammo is mostly found in military caches so its somewhat rare. Where it shines (excuse the pun) is that it has a flashlight, meaning you can see and shoot!

Colt M1911

Rate of Fire: Semi - Medium

Shots to Kill a Zombie: 1

Magazine: 7

Comments: Shares ammo with the .45 revolver, a pretty decent all around weapon. Advantage over the revolver is it looks cooler and carries an extra round per mag.

Shotguns

M1014

Accuracy: ?

Range: ?

Rate of Fire: ?

Shots to kill a zombie: ?

Magazine: ?

Comments: Not used this yet, found it once in a military cache and decided that an AKM was better at the time.

Lever Loaded shotgun (Cant remember the name, the common one)

Accuracy: Medium

Range: Medium

Rate of Fire: Semi - Medium

Shots to Kill a Zombie - 1

Magazine - 15

Comments: A very solid longarm, using both buck and slug. Very common ammo makes it an excellent choice for anti-zombie work. it Loses out to the rifles on range and accuracy however. It is, however, quieter than the Lee Enfield, which is a plus when clearing zombies.

Longarms

Crossbow

Rate of Fire: Low (awful)

Shots to Kill a zombie: 2?

Magazine: 1

Comments: Its silent, but its not deadly, this thing is pretty much a piece of trash right now. If crossbow bolts came in packs of 5 or more it would be okay, but right now it wastes inventory space and generally is not worth picking up. An utter lemon

Lee-Enfield SMLE

Accuracy: High

Range: Very Long

Rate of Fire: Bolt - Low

Shots to kill a zombie - 1

Magazine - 10

Comments: An excellent medium range rifle, ammo is everywhere, but its loud and slow firing. Its really decent for zombie killing in a pinch, but it falls in the awkward point between the adaptability of the lever shotgun. Very decent for killing players, its stopping power will often kill them or at least cripple them on the first shot.

CZ 550

Accuracy: very High

Range: Very long - Scope

Rate of fire: bolt - Low

Shots to kill a zombie: 1

Magazine: 5

Comments: A very solid long range rifle, ammo is common, but 5 round magazines holds it back from being exceptional. Its rate of fire is low, so you cant really do close range work with it. its also somewhat loud, but if your worried about that, you really should be shooting from further away. Very effective against players if you zero it right.

MP5A5

Rate of fire: Auto - High

Shots to Kill a zombie - 3?

Magazine: 30

Comments: Picked this up a few times, but keep passing it off to my squadmates. Seems quiet though.

AKM

Accuracy: Medium - High

Rate of Fire: auto - high

Magazine - 30

Comments: For when you want to kill every Mother"!$£ zombie in the room, accept no substitutes. Great stopping power, awesome rate of fire, acceptable accuracy, this weapon is pretty great at killing the undead. Against players its lack of range is a bit of a letdown, but its still by far my favourite weapons outside of the sniper rifles.

AK-74

Range: Medium - Red Dot version available.

Rate of Fire: Auto - High

Shots to kill a zombie: 2

Magazine: 30

Comments: While this weapon seems pretty good, i assume its more accurate than the AKM. However ive yet to really use this thing against human targets so the jury's out so far. Compared to the AKM, it seems less effective to me. It probably had a better effective range however.

M4A1, M4A3 CCO

Rate of Fire: auto - high

Shots to kill a zombie - 2

Magazine - 30

M16A2

Rate of Fire: Semi, Burst(3)

Magazine - 30

M16A2 M203

Accuracy: Very low

Magazine - 30

DMR

Accuracy: High - very High

Range - Very Long - Scoped

Shots to kill a zombie: 1

Magazine: ?

Comments: again, not used this one myself, but it seems a very solid sniper weapon, pretty much the CZ550 but semi auto.

M240

Rate of fire: Auto - High?

Shots to kill a zombie: 1?

Magazine: 200

Comments: DAKKAKDAKKKADAKKA... Not found this beast yet

Feel free to post below to discuss the other weapons or anything youve found in Dayz that ive missed!

Good summary you have there.

I can't remember the name but I picked up a 100 round box for a NATO machine gun. I'm guessing it only spawns in military bases. I'd also guess it would be incredibly loud and may even fire partial tracer which would in my humble opinion render it useless except as a last ditch weapon.

Also; not technically a firearm but the crossbow should probably be included here. It is 99% useless though. The one time I used it was to kill 2 zombies in a barn that I didn't want to wake up. This was at point blank range to the back of the head.

That would be the M240, ive found around 5 boxes of that in my travels, but never seen the gun itself. So ive ignored it >.>

Updated with crossbow tho

Did they take out zero-ing for the Lee Enfield?

If not its a very long range weapon and one of the more powerful ones in A2. You can engage targets from around 800-900m and expect a single shot kill. Its basically a sniper without a scope.

That would be the M240' date=' ive found around 5 boxes of that in my travels, but never seen the gun itself. So ive ignored it >.>

[/quote']

I'm honestly curious where you are able to find so many of these. I cant seem to find any.

That would be the M240' date=' ive found around 5 boxes of that in my travels, but never seen the gun itself. So ive ignored it >.>

[/quote']

I'm honestly curious where you are able to find so many of these. I cant seem to find any.

Mostly in game towers for some reason... its annoying to keep coming across them and then discarding them

[/quote']

Mostly in game towers for some reason... its annoying to keep coming across them and then discarding them

"Game Towers"???

PDW

Rate of Fire: Auto

Magazine - 30

M9

Accuracy: Medium

Rate of Fire: Semi

Magazine - 15 - 17

M24

Accuracy: Very High

Range: Very Long

Rate of Fire: Bolt

Magazine - 5

M107

Accuracy: Extremely High

Range: Extremely Long

Rate of Fire: Semi

Shots to kill a zombie - .01

Magazine - 10

M4A1, M4A3 CCO

Magazine - 30

M16A2

Magazine - 30

M16A2 M203

Accuracy: Very low

Magazine - 30

M249

Magazine - 200

The lever action rifle is the Winchester 1866.

A suggestion to improve this thread would be to add the compatible ammo types to each gun.

10 Rd. M107 (M107) (12.7x99, .50 M33 Ball)

30 rd. AK Mag (Ak-74) (5.45x39)

AKM Mag (AKM) (7.62x39)

Cz550 Mag (Cz550) (7.62x51, .308 Win)

5 Rd. M24 (M24) (7.62x51, .308 Win)

Lee Enfield Clip (Lee Enfield) (7.7x56, .303)

100 Rd. M240 (M240B) (7.62x51, .308 Win)

200 Rd. Box (M249) (5.56x45, .223 Remm)

30 Rd. Stanag, Stanag SD (M16, M4, M249) (5.56x45, .223 Remm)

30 Rd. Mp5, Mp5 SD (Mp5, Mp5SD6) (9x19 Parabellum)

30 Rd. PDW (PDW) (9x19 Parabellum)

15 Rd. M9, M9 SD (M9, M9 SD, G17, PDW) (9x19 Parabellum)

17 Rd. G17 (M9, M9 SD, G17, PDW) (9x19 Parabellum)

15 Rd. 1866 (Winchester 1866) (12G)

8 Rd. M1014 (M1014) (12G)

8 Rd. Makarov (Makarov PM) (9x18 PM)

6 Rd. .45 ACP (Revolver) (11.43×23, .45 ACP)

7 Rd. M1911 (M1911) (11.43x23, .45 ACP)

The "Lever loaded shotgun" is called the Winchester, and arguably the best gun in the game for killing zombies. Ammo is plentiful, and pellet rounds kill multiple zombies with 1 shot. Rest you said is also true.

The other shotgun also has flashlight attached which can be handy.

You can find standard ArmA weapon lists here:

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/

Many of the weapons have been covered in other basic tutorials for DayZ mod too. Perhaps read them before posting a half-completed review. Sorry, but it just seems you're very new to ArmA so why do you feel you're a good choice to be giving others advice?

Other important features of every weapon is ammo scarcity, reload time, and noise.

You've left out a few weapons too. Others I've seen so far:

M4A3, M16's, etc.

M249

M9, M9SD, Uzi

M107

The "Lever loaded shotgun" is called the Winchester' date=' and arguably the best gun in the game for killing zombies. Ammo is plentiful, and pellet rounds kill multiple zombies with 1 shot. Rest you said is also true.

The other shotgun also has flashlight attached which can be handy.

You can find standard ArmA weapon lists here:

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/

Many of the weapons have been covered in other basic tutorials for DayZ mod too. Perhaps read them before posting a half-completed review. Sorry, but it just seems you're very new to ArmA so why do you feel you're a good choice to be giving others advice?

Other important features of every weapon is ammo scarcity, reload time, and noise.

You've left out a few weapons too. Others I've seen so far:

M4A3, M16's, etc.

M249

M9, M9SD, Uzi

M107

[/quote']

your pretty much bang on, its just i was unable to find a dayz list anywhere, it was more for my own benefit than others

The damage is based off of the round type. So the .45cal is going to do the same damage in both the revolver and the 1911. Here are the damage values for each round type in the game. With the provision that these values are the same in Day Z as vanilla, they're accurate.

Pistol:

• 9x18mm Makarov: 6 - DMG
  • 9x19mm Parabellum: 5 - DMG
  • .45ACP: 9 - DMG
  • 7.65x17mm (Scorpion): 9 - DMG

Shotgun:

• Slug: 11 - DMG
  • Shot: 6 - DMG (Per pellet)

Rifle:

• 5.56x45mm (M16/M4/M249): 8 - DMG
  • 5.45x39mm (AK-74): 8 - DMG
  • 7.62x39mm (AKM): 9 - DMG
  • 7.62x51mm (CZ-550/M24/M14/M240): 12 - DMG
  • 7.62x54R (SVD/PKM): 12 - DMG
  • .303 Brittish (Lee Enfield): 15 - DMG
  • .338 Lapua (L115A3): 26 - DMG
  • 9x39mm (VSS): 13 - DMG
  • .50 BMG (M107/AS50/M2): 26 - DMG
  • 12.7x108mm (KSVK/DShKM/KORD): 30 - DMG

Numbers courtesy of the Six Config browser. :)

It seems really odd that .45 rounds are more damaging than 5.56, considering that the former has a net energy of around 475 joules and the latter's net energy is around 1660, not to mention it has a unique tendency to 'tumble' inside one's body and cause massive trauma. I think I speak for everyone when I say I would rather take a bullet from a 1911 than an M249.

9x19mm is also comparable to .45 in terms of net energy, and should probably do the same damage.

It seems really odd that .45 rounds are more damaging than 5.56' date=' considering that the former has a net energy of around 475 joules and the latter's net energy is around 1660, not to mention it has a unique tendency to 'tumble' inside one's body and cause massive trauma. I think I speak for everyone when I say I would rather take a bullet from a 1911 than an M249.

9x19mm is also comparable to .45 in terms of net energy, and should probably do the same damage.

[/quote']

I didn't make the guns, I'm just forwarding the information. They're not going to get changed, ever, so there's no sense talking about it. :)

It seems really odd that .45 rounds are more damaging than 5.56' date=' considering that the former has a net energy of around 475 joules and the latter's net energy is around 1660, not to mention it has a unique tendency to 'tumble' inside one's body and cause massive trauma. I think I speak for everyone when I say I would rather take a bullet from a 1911 than an M249.

[/quote']

Wrong, energy doesn't mean much when compared to the ballistics of the round when you are talking about damage. The .45, being a significantly larger round, does more damage than the .223 at short ranges. This is mostly because the .45 hits the target and transfers most of its energy into said target, while the .223 will hit a target and continue right on through. As anyone who is even remotely involved in dealing with bullet wounds will tell you, rounds that pass through a target are far less damaging to your health than rounds that bury themselves inside you.

In fact, this is a common complaint with American soldiers using these guns. There are consistent complaints that too many times, rounds from M4's and M9's will just pass through their targets, and most of the round's energy will keep going on to hit something behind the target. They say that it takes two, three, and sometimes even five rounds from an M9 to do the job of one shot from an M1911.

The same rule applies to a .308 LM round vs. a .50 M33. While the Magnum round might have a higher muzzle velocity and total energy, it is far less likely to sever entire limbs off of your body than the .50 M33 is.

you're not giving enough credit to the Lee Enfield. it's a beast. it's very accurate at long ranges (you can pop people's heads at a 1000 meters). if you're good with it, it's a better weapon than that hunting rifle hands down

Is it me, or has anyone else noticed that the Einfeld attracts lots of zombies quite easily? Every time I or a friend has used one, the amount of zombies attracted seems significantly higher than the number attracted by an M4 or AK.

While we're talking 'guns 'n' ammo' can we talk about cross usage of same type ammo between same caliber weapons.

It's started to really irk me that I cannot use .45acp freely between an m1911 and revolver. Since the dmg values of the weapon relies upon the caliber of bullet and not the weapon, what advantage is gained in being able to load the m1911 with a more plentiful ammo type?

This is especially annoying when it comes to the various 12 guage shotguns. Having to ditch a beautiful flashlight remington because, for some reason, the 12 guage it needs and the 12 guage found everywhere are not the same. If the remmy and the winch do the same damage, why have the remmy ammo so much rarer? It is o advantage to be able to load with winch slugs because the remmy does the same damage anyway.

Is this something to do with clip size and innate to the ArmAII engine? Is there no mod interface that could be implemented to allow us to group single rounds into the relevant capacities or utilize 12 guage ammo across all 12 gauge weapons? More to that point, how maddening is it that you cannot re-arrange rounds between magazines? The amount of times I've been caught out because I have 4 '1 round' magazines to reload with is silly. We need to be able, in a quiet moment, to move each single round mag into one 4 round magazine... just as you would in reality. It saves a survivor space and makes sense in combat.

Its probably because the Lee Enfield has a longer range sound. In ArmA, the sound's range is determined in the config file and looks something like this.

Begin1[] = {"\m41a_pulse_rifle\sound\Burst1.wav",1.77828,1,[u][i]1100[/i][/u]};
Begin2[] = {"\m41a_pulse_rifle\sound\Burst3.wav",1.77828,1,[u][i]1100[/i][/u]};
Begin3[] = {"\m41a_pulse_rifle\sound\Burst2.wav",1.77828,1,[u][i]1100[/i][/u]};
SoundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.34,"begin2",0.33,"begin3",0.33};

In the case of my Pulse Rifle, the sound's range is 1100m. The AI only hear a percentage of that, though.

I won't make a list, there are simply too many guns and the Winchester & 870MCS aren't in Vanilla ArmA2.

Is this something to do with clip size and innate to the ArmAII engine? Is there no mod interface that could be implemented to allow us to group single rounds into the relevant capacities or utilize 12 guage ammo across all 12 gauge weapons? More to that point' date=' how maddening is it that you cannot re-arrange rounds between magazines? The amount of times I've been caught out because I have 4 '1 round' magazines to reload with is silly. We need to be able, in a quiet moment, to move each single round mag into one 4 round magazine... just as you would in reality. It saves a survivor space and makes sense in combat.

[/quote']

The thing with Magazines in ArmA is that it deals with full magazines and weapons have set magazine types that they can accept. Think of the shotgun shells as detachable box magazines, instead of free shells. Unfortunately, ArmA doesn't handle weapons that feed rounds one at a time very well.

As for the combining magazines, I think it is possible through some scripting. But I'm not sure.

Its probably because the Lee Enfield has a longer range sound. In ArmA' date=' the sound's range is determined in the config file and looks something like this.

Begin1[] = {"\m41a_pulse_rifle\sound\Burst1.wav",1.77828,1,[u][i]1100[/i][/u]};
Begin2[] = {"\m41a_pulse_rifle\sound\Burst3.wav",1.77828,1,[u][i]1100[/i][/u]};
Begin3[] = {"\m41a_pulse_rifle\sound\Burst2.wav",1.77828,1,[u][i]1100[/i][/u]};
SoundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.34,"begin2",0.33,"begin3",0.33};

In the case of my Pulse Rifle, the sound's range is 1100m. The AI only hear a percentage of that, though.

I won't make a list, there are simply too many guns and the Winchester & 870MCS aren't in Vanilla ArmA2.

Is this something to do with clip size and innate to the ArmAII engine? Is there no mod interface that could be implemented to allow us to group single rounds into the relevant capacities or utilize 12 guage ammo across all 12 gauge weapons? More to that point, how maddening is it that you cannot re-arrange rounds between magazines? The amount of times I've been caught out because I have 4 '1 round' magazines to reload with is silly. We need to be able, in a quiet moment, to move each single round mag into one 4 round magazine... just as you would in reality. It saves a survivor space and makes sense in combat.

The thing with Magazines in ArmA is that it deals with full magazines and weapons have set magazine types that they can accept. Think of the shotgun shells as detachable box magazines, instead of free shells. Unfortunately, ArmA doesn't handle weapons that feed rounds one at a time very well.

As for the combining magazines, I think it is possible through some scripting. But I'm not sure.

Ah, I see. So it wouldn't be possible for 15 winch slugs to be split into a 'box' of 8 and 5 shells to use in a remmy? Shame.

Ah' date=' I see. So it wouldn't be possible for 15 winch slugs to be split into a 'box' of 8 and 5 shells to use in a remmy? Shame.

[/quote']

Pretty much, at least for the time being. The better solution would make the Winchester use the 8rnd 1014 magazines, for the time being.

Has anyone found the M14 AIM yet?

One of my unit mates picked one up a while back, I've also seen a DMR as well.