Sign in to follow this  
greentao1@hotmail.com

Usefulness vs Pointless

Alright for starters, I love the game and I thank the developers for putting in the time and effort to do their best to have it be functional.

GENERAL

Now, every once in a while I come on the forums just to see what's new for updates and all I see is a bunch of players bitching and complaining about "US 474 - constant kicks/restarts", "US 1107 locked". Seriously? Go find a different server, your gear is saved and there are 3000+ servers running with admins that are decent people and not assholes.

To answer some questions that I know someone will ask:

- Yes, I have been kicked and banned before from plenty of servers! Look on the forums for one single post of me complaining. Not one will show. Why? As stated before, 3000+ servers. Find a new god damn server.

- If they lock it, look for a different server. I understand the need to feel helpful by posting and otherwise complaining that the people could be 'hoarding' but honestly... You don't know what they're doing. I played in a locked server doing 5v5 and 6v6 with a clan of some friends just because they wanted to do private pvp on dayz. They called it '10MANSCAVENGE'. I would love to explain the details but that's not the point of this post.

Let me relieve some of the players. For those that lock a server ( which they should have every right to. ) and 'hoard' as everyone claims, understand that the players can get all the gear they want. They can be ridiculous and make the game have 1 less player on player server, but guess what... eventually THEY WILL JOIN ANOTHER SERVER and it is fair game to shoot their ass and steal their prized gear.

- "OH BUT THEY HAVE THE TOP WEAPONS" ~ I have out shot a damn DMR in the forest with a M1911. Shut up, that's your excuse to complain, because you lack the steady hand to aim.

Which by the way the restrictions on this game for server owners is just plain dumb. You all know why.

CHEATING

Look, I get that the cheaters are assholes and ruin the game only slightly. I say slightly because the other players that cry and complain instead of leaving to a new server are the other ones ruining the game and yes you lost your gear, though I strictly remember the favorite saying "It's alpha, don't get attached to your gear". Find new gear and at least just let the cheater get what he deserves.

Just report the cheater and get on with the game, no need for a story. Plus the hoops you have to jump through to get a player banned is absolutely stupid. So really, just find a new server.

Let me tell you what happens to cheaters...

1) They cheat and get the cool gear

2) Kill you, piss you off, whatever.

3) Get caught ~ GET BANNED.

YAY! Now you can rest assured that there is one less cheater in the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though, let me help you with the process of stopping the useless posting.

When you see a server that is locked... shrug your shoulders and think to yourself, they have to join a public server sometime and they'll get what's coming to them. ( Death, they will get fragged. Just a matter of time. )

When you get kicked/banned from one or two server(s), don't come on the forums and flood the board with useless information, appeal it and move on. If it's from like 50 servers okay, seriously NOW YOU CAN COMPLAIN. Use your heads people.

If a hacker kills you, you can come to the forums and post a complaint and not get your stuff back anyway or you can go after the doucher and frag his dumb little ass. Seriously people, the posting should be limited to only SEVERE INCIDENTS. Because while I'm looking for maybe... information on a host, bobjimbosauce is posting about "US 12345" and how it is being restarted.

Really, you're shoving useful posts to the bottom of the board and flooding the forum with crap that we all know happens. Save it for when something REALLY BAD HAPPENS.

I'll explain....

SEVERE INCIDENTS & OTHER THINGS WORTH POSTING ABOUT

- Ban being placed on you by multiple servers.

- Server Crashes

- Glitches and Exploits ( Cheaters )

- Server Performance

- Feedback

- Suggestions

SEVERE INCIDENTS & OTHER THINGS NOT WORTH POSTING ABOUT

- Getting kicked from the same server over and over. GET THE HINT. Find a new server.

- Servers being locked. They'll be found out and if not, the players in them will have to join a public anyway and will have the same chance of getting fragged as anyone else.

- Getting shit talked

- Being banned from a SINGLE server.

Let me educate some people quickly. I have read the rules and I understand them. It doesn't mean I approve of them. Sure banning and locking is against the rules but people are gonna break the rules.

A story... when you were in elementary/junior high school playing four square or dodgeball or even wallball ( my all time favorite ) and the leader, more than likely the jock of the class, established the rules. PEOPLE BROKE THEM. I remember "no cherry bombs in four square", guess what everyone did when they could... yeah, you bet. Cherry bombed my ass or the other kids next to them. We didn't bitch, we went out like we were supposed to and moved on with life.

For those douchebags who always say TL;DR: Quit being a little girl and grow a sack. It's a video game, less crying - more fragging and useful information will go a long way.

Thanks to those who don't post useless things and to those who are fun players to play against and play with. Thank you to the dev team for the awesome game with some wierd restrictions but nonetheless, a reason to stay into Arma 2.

Edited by dolo12
  • Like 2

Maybe some of the players constantly complaining will read this and get some common sense. Thank you for the post

I appreciate the support, thanks.

Let's hope this thread be known and not pushed to the bottom of the forum by more flooding threads.

Edited by dolo12