combatcomm1

Humans are built for Information exchange - solution to Excessive PKing

I would like to devote my first post to notifying that I full-heartedly support this notion! OP is onto something glorious here, it might be a gaming world first!

The meteorology thingy was maybe a bit far fetched, but that's just one idea amongst many others. OFF WITH THE CHAT! It has been already promised that it will be removed, but that is just the first stage!

Thanks splatteri, I would love to hear a little more from rocket as to what he thinks of this idea/concept. Id also like to hear what more people think of the knowledge levels through books as loot idea. Let me know what you all think. Here the link to that discussion. Bump it up if you think its worth the discussion. Thanks

Rare knowledge books as loot idea - http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7434

Having to be taught skills wouldn't reduce pk'ing. It'd make skills more and more rare. It also puts a burden on people who learn skills. They have everything to lose when meeting aspiring "students."

When I'd encounter a survivor, my thoughts would still stay at "I'm going to kill him if he looks like he's going to kill me." not "Golly gee, I sure hope he can teach me how to put on a bandaid."

If anything, requiring people to learn from one another in-game would just lead to more anti-social behavior, instead of some mythical enlightenment.

Having to be taught skills wouldn't reduce pk'ing. It'd make skills more and more rare. It also puts a burden on people who learn skills. They have everything to lose when meeting aspiring "students."

When I'd encounter a survivor' date=' my thoughts would still stay at "I'm going to kill him if he looks like he's going to kill me." not "Golly gee, I sure hope he can teach me how to put on a bandaid."

If anything, requiring people to learn from one another in-game would just lead to more anti-social behavior, instead of some mythical enlightenment.

[/quote']

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.....

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.....

You're a very well spoken, articulate person. I understand your sentiment completely, and thank you for the productive response.

1. Remove Global chat

2. Fix Direct chat.

Both will occur with next ArmA2OA version release (1.61)

I think global chat should remain, but only if you find a ham radio, and you can only talk to others that have a ham radio as well. ;)

Hi VictorM :)

You got some really good idea's there.

-introduce migrating zombie routes that change.

-remove global chat

-weather forecast? Brilliant!

I'd love to see these implemented.

But I don't think these are enough to "MAKE SURVIVAL DEPENDENT ON INFORMATION EXCHANGE". And if I can access information via forum' date=' wiki... why would I approach a total stranger risking my life?

I have to know that this "stranger" won't kill me.

The only way I see this happening is with a "non-pk building". Not a whole city or area but a few small buildings(For example a bar in the wild west) spread through the map.

exp)

Let's say I have a high tier weapon but low on ammo. I don't want to go to the NW Airfield "too dangerous".

Also the weather looks bad it might rain. So I go to this town, walk close to the street

where the bar is. There could be a sniper around so I shout "Clear?"

Somebody in the bar shouts back "Clear!"

So I cross the street. I go in meet some total stranger, but hey I don't need to be afraid.

The bar is safe.

I get in start to greet people, and start to do business

*Trade: Ask for a certain kind of ammo I need

*Info: Listen to the weather forecast (Radio in the bar maybe?)

: Check the wanted list for "excessive" killers.

*Group: Team up.

*Chat: Talk about anything make friends, or eavesdrop while sitting in the corner.

Information exchange as you said is important, but I don't think it will be enough to lower the PK rate. If I'm a bandit, what stops me from asking information then killing and looting a guy? Nothing.

There needs to be a place where I can safely talk/trade.

As I said, I like your ideas but I say it's still too dangerous.

[/quote']

You want a safe zone? Make your own and have people guarding it. The game isn't meant to be a BLOODY CAKE WALK!

It's meant to be hard you dippy.