Sign in to follow this  
Nemmyz

Animal spawns

I've been struggling to get my blood recovered, I've sneaked around tonight for hours and finally found a matchbox, and now I can't find any animals.. I'm at lumber mill atm, is there a 100% animal spawn close by?

I've been struggling to get my blood recovered, I've sneaked around tonight for hours and finally found a matchbox, and now I can't find any animals.. I'm at lumber mill atm, is there a 100% animal spawn close by?

From my experience, and I may be wrong, they are completely random. I've seen pigs wandering in Cherno even. You will most likely have better luck in some of the open fields, but it's not guaranteed.

• Like 1

Run through the woods, no zombies, but you can come by pigs and rabbits

Umm... I just died...I was just walking and suddenly died... what the hell? I was inside a house, no zombies around, nothing around.. I just literally died.

Even if you do find one there is a good chance it'll disappear sometime between the killing and the looting of the meat.

Killed 5 animals today, managed to pull meat off of only two of them before they disappeared.

Umm... I just died...I was just walking and suddenly died... what the hell? I was inside a house, no zombies around, nothing around.. I just literally died.

You probably just got sniped. If you were in-game and alt-tabbing to the forums... that's a quick way to die.

Actually I was only one in the server. And no, I wasn't bleeding out....It's weird... I was looking at the screen when I died, I just fell and died...

Edited by Nemmyz

Actually I was only one in the server. And no, I wasn't bleeding out....It's weird... I was looking at the screen when I died, I just fell and died...

You weren't running around at night and in rain, were you? You may have been sick (since the temp gauge SUCKS now and the temp itself is gone from the Debug Monitor). Did you try logging out of the server and back in. There are random occasions where spontaneous deaths occur, though usually only when logging in.

You weren't running around at night and in rain, were you? You may have been sick (since the temp gauge SUCKS now and the temp itself is gone from the Debug Monitor). Did you try logging out of the server and back in. There are random occasions where spontaneous deaths occur, though usually only when logging in.

Yeah it was night, and it was raining at some point, but the temp gauge was green, I didn't see any signs of getting sick though, if there's any. If the effects are same as being on low blood then I guess it could've been the reason, because I had less than 3k blood left and the screen was already blurry/colourless.

And since server had less than 3 players online, I managed to get my gear back..and on the way there I found ALICE backpack :).

Yeah it was night, and it was raining at some point, but the temp gauge was green, I didn't see any signs of getting sick though, if there's any. If the effects are same as being on low blood then I guess it could've been the reason, because I had less than 3k blood left and the screen was already blurry/colourless.

And since server had less than 3 players online, I managed to get my gear back..and on the way there I found ALICE backpack :).

The temp gauge now is horrible to read. It used to actually have a numerical listing in the Debug Monitor, but that was taken out last major patch. "Sickness" from being ill from cold or the ever-so-occasional zed hit will have your character coughing every few moments and start dropping blood, but not very fast. You being at 3k blood was probably the issue. You most likely went into shock and were already cold and hanging by a thread.

Glad you got your stuff back though!

Today I'm yet again at 3k blood. I've ran tens of miles through fields looking for some animals but no luck, I've ran from Berezino->Polana->Gorka. Not a single animal...

Frustrating but that's why it's best to keep an emergency can of food. Not sure if Gorka has a store. I checked a map for you but couldn't find one but that's probably the crappy map I was looking at. :thumbsup:

I always find a sheep on the hill north of the northern elektro fire station.

It could be luck, but I swear he's always there when I go there.

Little update: It's been 2 hours since I started searching for animals, I've ran through about 6 fields, and no animal found yet... I've seen plenty on the main road next to the sea. I might go try there, if I don't get shot.

I have lots of can food, but that doesn't recover much blood back, so I need to hunt.

It's also getting pretty dark so it's really hard to spot the animals with blurry screen.

Edited by Nemmyz

Not sure if this is how the mechanics of the game work, but it seems to work for me. Just like how zombies will only spawn if a survivor is nearby, I would assume the same for animals as to not bog down the game. Maybe try sitting in a spot with some feilds for a minute or two and then take a look around your area. When im moving around I wont see any animals myself. But then as soon as I stop and check my map or gear for a minute and keep on moving, I will run into an animal in a nearby feild or treeline. Let me know if this does indeed work for you.

Frustrating but that's why it's best to keep an emergency can of food. Not sure if Gorka has a store. I checked a map for you but couldn't find one but that's probably the crappy map I was looking at. :thumbsup:

You are correct. Gorka does not have a supermarket. Closest relatlively safe would be Krasnastav (Berezino would be a death trap with blurred vision).

IF you can safely make your way to the NE (not NW) Airfield, Nemmyz, there are almost always goats or cows wandering the ruined airstrip there.

You are correct. Gorka does not have a supermarket. Closest relatlively safe would be Krasnastav (Berezino would be a death trap with blurred vision).

Well closest and pretty safe is in Polana. As for the animal, they don't spawn in random places. I think there are wild and domesticated animal spawns (not sure but probably poultry have their own spawns). Only type of the animal is random.

Good call on Polana. Bit closer to Berezino than I would normally recommend a near-death player go, but if it's a last-ditch effort. I would still recommend the NE airfield fields and surround area, though. I have yet to be there and NOT pass 3-5 animals.

Btw, I used to think rabbits ran around all the time, but one rabbit did stand still near me for some time until it started moving around again.

I recently had to make the long trek from southern coast to northern wilderness. I don't really know how animals work (do they spawn around players? Are they static? Are they tied to specific locations?), but it seemed like it was much harder to find large game (cow, pigs, sheep, goats) in the southern forests and meadows than in the north. It got to the point that I was chasing rabbits for my dinner.

But other times, up north, I have encountered so many animals that I can't carry all the meat. So there are fat days and there are lean days, which is kind of cool.

But my main question remains; animals, how do they work?