Sign in to follow this  
GrendelZ

Map/gps question

So opening up your map reveals nearby people/zombies, giving instant detection through vegetation/camo. So my question is on servers that DON'T show this "radar" when you open your map, does that mean your also not visible when someone nearby opens up his GPS? Is there a tag for this option on the server name/description? Or is this by difficulty? I don't remember seeing this option the last time I opened a map on a veteran server.

Veteran servers <3 all the way. dont play servers with nametags and stuff. its just lame - filter all this off with the awesome dayzcommander launcher.

• Like 1

Veteran servers <3 all the way. dont play servers with nametags and stuff. its just lame - filter all this off with the awesome dayzcommander launcher.

I concur. Do yourself a favour an get the DayzCommander launcher since the filter is SO much better. Just taking nameplates off made me a happy, happy camper.

I am on a regular server and my blue dot isn't showing on my GPS anymore. Is there a key to display it or something? No point in even having it if I cant see where I am at. :(

Veteran servers all the way, I've been enjoying the game a lot more since I've been playing on them.

I am on a regular server and my blue dot isn't showing on my GPS anymore. Is there a key to display it or something? No point in even having it if I cant see where I am at. :(

It might just be the server you where on had it disabled.

FYI using your GPS you can get your coordinates on the map and they correspond to the numbers along the bottom of map making it easy to find out exactly where you are. Also Right CTRL + M makes the GPS HUD appear which is also quite useful.

EDIT: Oh god I just realized how old this post was.

Edited by Jamesey162