DookieJankins

So I shot down a helicoptor today...

Screenshots will be along shortly.

Incident occurred approx. 12:20AM 05/25/2012 on Virginia 25. Pilot was called 'Chernarus Transport.' I convinced the chopper to land at Balota Airfield to pick me up. After going through the motions (killing the zombies attracted to the noise), the chopper set down. We opened up on the crew and passengers. All targets killed, much loot taken.

Shooters were:

Dookie Jankins

Temos

Grim

Again, screens will be along shortly.

So you didn't actually shoot it down...

I was hoping for a video of an AT4 taking down a helicopter.

Congratulations on your cowardly ambush on a landed helicopters crew. Shot it down with words, words are stronger than a sword and all.

Not necessarily. After taking out ~6 zombies below the chopper, we simply shifted fire into the cockpit and crew compartments. The chopper went into a spin, and hit the ground. There was a gunfight on the ground, but the chopper itself was green, with many cracks on it, shattered glass, etc. As in, not functional. Yes, we tried to fly it out.

We've got screens of the destroyed chopper. Stand by.

Edit: and yes, you did. Only reason you're still alive is because your cockpit's bulletproof, by the way. Future reference: can't shoot through vehicle glass, guys.

I got my Helicopter back and killed one of you.

Try harder.

haha ! +1

epicthread.gif

Not necessarily. After taking out ~6 zombies below the chopper' date=' we simply shifted fire into the cockpit and crew compartments. The chopper went into a spin, and hit the ground.

Edit: and yes, you did. Only reason you're still alive is because your cockpit's bulletproof, by the way. Future reference: can't shoot through vehicle glass, guys.

[/quote']

your first post you say you convinced him to land howeer you say here he went into a spin seems like 2 storys to me either way you failed by not keeping said chopper LOL

So where are the pics of the destroyed chopper ?

Not necessarily. After taking out ~6 zombies below the chopper' date=' we simply shifted fire into the cockpit and crew compartments. The chopper went into a spin, and hit the ground.

[/quote']

Also, it wasn't destroyed, merely heavily damaged. If it was destroyed it would have exploded in a ball of fire, and, actually, your bullets didn't take down the chopper. My mouse, which I was using to pilot, caused it to auto-spin, so I turned off the engine and got out since that seems the only way to fix it. It was damaged by the zombies and friendly fire from people in the crew shooting through the helicopter to attempt to kill the zombies glitching through it.

You did kill us though, in that you are correct.

I got my Helicopter back and killed one of you.

Try harder.

haha ! +1

epicthread.gif

[/quote']

your first post you say you convinced him to land howeer you say here he went into a spin seems like 2 storys to me either way you failed by not keeping said chopper LOL

So where are the pics of the destroyed chopper ?

The guy who took them is still in game.

We asked for a ride from Balota to NW Airfield. He came in for a landing. Should have made that more clear; there was some confusion, probably due to lag, but he spun (on my screen) for about 15 seconds.

Pics of aftermath (crew bodies disappeared for some reason).

37E7D31FC37EA1EA6255974C3ED26A1C8AF4193C

775FF0DFAB93424DA2E461D47565046DB924DCF5

A4EACDD6B89B40C4DBE0D47CF26DCB1190E212FE

There are a couple more but they are more or less the same thing. Point is, chopper was shot down.

That's not a destroyed helicopter.

This is a destroyed helicopter.

DSAoP.jpg

If the helicopter was destroyed I would not have been able to kill one of your men, sneak BACK through the airfield infested with zombies, repair the helicopter enough to fly it, and then take off while you were cowering inside the Balota control tower stairwell.

DSAoP.jpg

And you conveniently went into a spin after we opened up? LOL. Sounds like somebody needs to work on their piloting. Military AARs tend to list such actions as "crashed due to ground fire."

Really doesn't matter, man. You were dumb enough to trust... random people, with a chopper. Your crew and passengers got killed. In the process, one of us was killed. From our perspective, with non-explosive weapons (we had a shotgun, a CZ, and an AK), we got what we wanted: hilarity and rage. The only real bright spot from the actions you took was that you actually followed through; until we heard your rotors, we were convinced that you and a few others were just trolling. So props to you for that. Enjoy your chopper; you probably put quite a bit of work into it.

DSAoP.jpg

And you conveniently went into a spin after we opened up? LOL. Sounds like somebody needs to work on their piloting. Military AARs tend to list such actions as "crashed due to ground fire."

Really doesn't matter' date=' man. You were dumb enough to trust... random people, with a chopper. Your crew and passengers got killed. In the process, one of us was killed. From our perspective, with non-explosive weapons (we had a shotgun, a CZ, and an AK), we got what we wanted: hilarity and rage. The only real bright spot from the actions you took was that you actually followed through; until we heard your rotors, we were convinced that you and a few others were just trolling. So props to you for that. Enjoy your chopper; you probably put quite a bit of work into it.

[/quote']

Actually, I fly just fine. When I started spinning all of the helicopter's status bars were green, meaning that even if you did fire at the helicopter it did not take damage until we landed. Believe it or not, there are still some technical errors, one of them being the infinite spinning helicopter(I'm not sure whether this occurred to anyone else or is just a result of a rather cheap laser mouse, it would seem to be game-related as my character didn't start random spinning when I exited the chopper).

So, really, the thread should be titled "Killed survivors exiting a helicopter" rather than "So I shot down a helicopter today."

Actually' date=' I fly just fine. When I started spinning all of the helicopter's status bars were green, meaning that even if you did fire at the helicopter it did not take damage until we landed. Believe it or not, there are still some technical errors, one of them being the infinite spinning helicopter(I'm not sure whether this occurred to anyone else or is just a result of a rather cheap laser mouse, it would seem to be game-related as my character didn't start random spinning when I exited the chopper).

So, really, the thread should be titled "Killed survivors exiting a helicopter" rather than "So I shot down a helicopter today."

[/quote']

Once again, awfully convenient timing for a technical error.

In stock ARMA and ACE, small arms fire really doesn't do any damage to the choppers unless you get lucky and pop the pilot. Most seem to be armored up to .50 caliber in ACE; stock, doesn't really matter. Choppers don't really take damage from 30 rounds of 7.62x39 (what I fired at your cockpit; not sure what the others shot). From the ground, it sure looks like you panicked while getting shot at, made a few dramatic moves while low to the ground (by the way, another reason we waited for you to get low -- less room to maneuver), and hit the ground. Armed with light weapons, that's a pretty good end result.

We're in this for our own entertainment. We were thoroughly entertained. Have fun trying to defend it. You screwed up, definitely in judgment and very likely in skill. And honestly, I'm kind of glad you've got your chopper back. Kind of cool to see somebody have a working vehicle; most I've seen is an ATV.

This entire thread is bad.

Destroying a helicopter isn't so hard or unheard of that it needs a post, I can more or less guarantee that any of the better equipped bandit groups out there have at least one destroyed chopper to their name.

Actually' date=' I fly just fine. When I started spinning all of the helicopter's status bars were green, meaning that even if you did fire at the helicopter it did not take damage until we landed. Believe it or not, there are still some technical errors, one of them being the infinite spinning helicopter(I'm not sure whether this occurred to anyone else or is just a result of a rather cheap laser mouse, it would seem to be game-related as my character didn't start random spinning when I exited the chopper).

[/quote']

Once again, awfully convenient timing for a technical error.

In stock ARMA and ACE, small arms fire really doesn't do any damage to the choppers unless you get lucky and pop the pilot. Most seem to be armored up to .50 caliber in ACE; stock, doesn't really matter. Choppers don't really take damage from 30 rounds of 7.62x39 (what I fired at your cockpit; not sure what the others shot). From the ground, it sure looks like you panicked while getting shot at, made a few dramatic moves while low to the ground (by the way, another reason we waited for you to get low -- less room to maneuver), and hit the ground. Armed with light weapons, that's a pretty good end result.

We're in this for our own entertainment. We were thoroughly entertained. Have fun trying to defend it. You screwed up, definitely in judgment and very likely in skill. And honestly, I'm kind of glad you've got your chopper back. Kind of cool to see somebody have a working vehicle; most I've seen is an ATV.

I'm not trying to take away your credit or anything, just to clarify what happened. Trust me, any "dramatic moves" I might have done would have crashed the heli rather than cause it to do a *perfect* pirouette, in place, for a whole *fifteen* seconds, without even trying to alter my elevation or to shift it dramatically in one way or the other in order to escape fire. I admit that it seems convenient timing, but that's the truth. You can believe what you want to believe about it, but that's what happened and it has already cost me one other helicopter before I figured out that you have to cut the engine to fix it.

Perhaps I screwed up in judgment, but not skill my friend. Just wanted to do something different for a change. I had a lot of fun sneaking back in and taking my helicopter back from you guys as well.

And Silverback, the only real "QQ" I had was telling them to try harder, the rest of my posts were just clarifying what happened.

I convinced the chopper to land at Balota Airfield to pick me up.. ... the chopper set down.

So you 'shot' down a helicopter with trust.

Nice work bandit.

I'm not trying to take away your credit or anything' date=' just to clarify what happened. Trust me, any "dramatic moves" I might have done would have crashed the heli rather than cause it to do a *perfect* pirouette, in place, for a whole *fifteen* seconds, without even trying to alter my elevation or to shift it dramatically in one way or the other in order to escape fire. I admit that it seems convenient timing, but that's the truth. You can believe what you want to believe about it, but that's what happened and it has already cost me one other helicopter before I figured out that you have to cut the engine to fix it. [/quote']

:dodgy: Here are a few facts on the whole matter:

a) that spinning comes from a damaged tailrotor, not anything else and it is certainly not a bug.

b) if you fly fast enough, the airspeed will stabilize your chopper again, effectively disabling the spin. So yeh... there is more you can do than just spinning on the spot.

c) cockpitglass isn't bulletproof.

I convinced the chopper to land at Balota Airfield to pick me up.. ... the chopper set down.

So you 'shot' down a helicopter with trust.

Nice work bandit.

I'm not trying to take away your credit or anything' date=' just to clarify what happened. Trust me, any "dramatic moves" I might have done would have crashed the heli rather than cause it to do a *perfect* pirouette, in place, for a whole *fifteen* seconds, without even trying to alter my elevation or to shift it dramatically in one way or the other in order to escape fire. I admit that it seems convenient timing, but that's the truth. You can believe what you want to believe about it, but that's what happened and it has already cost me one other helicopter before I figured out that you have to cut the engine to fix it. [/quote']

:dodgy: Here are a few facts on the whole matter:

a) that spinning comes from a damaged tailrotor, not anything else and it is certainly not a bug.

b) if you fly fast enough, the airspeed will stabilize your chopper again, effectively disabling the spin. So yeh... there is more you can do than just spinning on the spot.

c) cockpitglass isn't bulletproof.

I don't know, when he came back and started up his chopper again I put a CZ round straight through his windshield (while he was ground) into his head but no glory. Not sure why it didn't kill him.

3 pages of argueing LOL have you all settled this pissing match yet ?

Internet_argument_2_RE_USA_amp_EU_vs_Russia-s500x372-79936.jpg

We just posted to show the fellow bandits what's going down (in this case helicopters) all over Chernarus, sharing a story, y'know, around the Bandit Campfire? Not entirely sure why this happened though.