Sign in to follow this  
Tsyn

What do you do?

This thread is about what basically everyone is complaining about - hackers. What do you do? You can't have any vehicles... You can't have any tents, you can't run around in a group, you can't mind your own business. What the fuck do you do? If you have tents stashed around, a hacker is either going to find them and loot them or simply demolish them. If you have a vehicle (such as the Ural Civilian) you're either going to get tele-gibbed or a hacker is going to teleport to it, loot it and steal it while you're asleep. If you mind your own business and stay out of everyone's way, you're bound to end up getting killed by someone that's nuking the server and killing everyone. If you run in a group, you're an automatic target for cheaters. Had one teleport on top of us, spam smoke grenades and drop bombs on my group.

It's beginning to get pointless... You play the game to survive, aquire gear and have a bit of fun. None of this is possible when these little script kiddies are downloading programs and killing people with them. Why the fuck would you kill someone with a cheat when you could just spawn your own shit and be on your way? The game is getting near to unplayable... The script kiddies have more control over the server than the owners, more control over the game than the developers, and more control over the players then themselves.

Basically nothing is being done about this either... You read about some of these updates happening, but the point is that Arma2 is allowing these issues. There's nothing stopping the scripts from being executing, only the logging of those scripts. The 'game' is going to die before it even gets off the ground.

I dunno... It's annoying and I guess i'm just blowing off steam.

• Like 1

Actually, hacking is not as bad as everyone complains on the forums. They just get hacked once and then com here and bitch about it.

• Like 1

Can't say ive ever encountered a hacker, although that's probably because I'm generally playing solo, what you've got to remember is that there isnt a big red button infront of the developers that says 'STOP HACKERS'.

No sir, here's a list of the ones I can remember

• First two days of me playing with a group of five that bought me the game, we join a night server and 2 people get teleported and shot at by fully automatic AS50's.
  • After that, my group finds a red UAZ and a Bus. The get bombs dropped on them by a flying bus with the horn held down.
  • Ditched the five people and ended up starting my own group. We find a Ural Civilian. We get teleported on top of by 2 people. The gun me down, a buddy of mine, and blow up the Ural.
  • 2-3 days ago my group find a helicopter, we fix it up, fly it around, hide it and log out. We log back in the next day and about the time we all group up we hear the chopper flying away. I shoot it down with an M107 and kill 3 people that were on the shoreline (we were on an island). The entire server gets nuked, the chopper gets stolen and my clan gets tele-gibbed for about 15 minutes.
  • Just now, myself and two buddies get teleported on top and sprayed with SAW's.

That's not a single occurrence I'm bitching about.