Sign in to follow this  
Big Skrimpin'

[VIDEO guide] Use Stereo Mix to Play Sounds/Music in-game

Good thing you can't broadcast server-wide and you can get shot if you play bullshit. I hate it when kiddys do that on other games where the whole server-team hears it.

This was my original plan, but then realized that if I just output the headphone jack on my laptop to the microphone jack on the computer, I can use the laptop's onboard microphone (set the playback mixer to play the microphone input) and have an entirely separate interface with which to use fun things like soundboards and youtube videos.

You're welcome and I'm sorry, as the case may be.

• Like 1

Time to play

while I'm riding my bicycle through cherno.
  • Like 4

This was my original plan, but then realized that if I just output the headphone jack on my laptop to the microphone jack on the computer, I can use the laptop's onboard microphone (set the playback mixer to play the microphone input) and have an entirely separate interface with which to use fun things like soundboards and youtube videos.

You're welcome and I'm sorry, as the case may be.

.....why didn't I think of that? Good lord that's so much easier. At least, if you don't mind not being able to use your real mic while playing sounds...but I'm used to that by now. Thanks for the tip.

So essentially, do you play sounds out of your speakers that then play out of your mic?