Sign in to follow this  
PohTayToez

Jerry Can + Matches = ....

The problem I see with that is that trolls will just burn down cities. Really, it'll happen. Constantly.

Edited by cragzeek
  • Like 1

The problem I see with that is that trolls will just burn down cities. Really, it'll happen. Constantly.

True, except would there be a way to implement rebuilding the building? Probably not, just wondering.

True, except would there be a way to implement rebuilding the building? Probably not, just wondering.

If you can fix them eventually I would be all for this. Like the survivors build the cities up and bandits burning them down. Would be pretty epic lol

• Like 1

They don't necessarily need to burn down, but if fire spread throughout an area for a awhile before going out on it's own or from rain it'd be cool. It'd be intense being chased through a burning building by bandits while zombies are freaking out in the fire lol.

• Like 1

This game is in alpha. The point is to test what works and what doesn't. It is being treated as if it has gone standalone already with all the rules perma-set. Why is there even a suggestions section if 99.9% of them aren't even considered (read) by the dev team?

• Like 2

Personally I don't see a problem with this. Buildings are repaired on server reset which usually happens multiple times a day.

This is how I'm thinking it would work. You light fire to a building and for the first few seconds nothing happens (maybe a localized fire graphic), and then smoke starts the fill the building. It takes 2-5 minutes for the building to fill with smoke (depending on size) during which any players inside small but increasingly bigger hits of damage. Then after that period of time the entire building is on fire and people inside start taking large hits of damage and have a chance to acquire a "burn" status effect which does small amounts of damage and can only be cured by dousing your burn in a water source.

After a few more minutes the building collapses and continues to smolder until server restart. If you walk on the smoldering remains you take damage and have a chance to get burned.

Personally I don't see a problem with this. Buildings are repaired on server reset which usually happens multiple times a day.

This is how I'm thinking it would work. You light fire to a building and for the first few seconds nothing happens (maybe a localized fire graphic), and then smoke starts the fill the building. It takes 2-5 minutes for the building to fill with smoke (depending on size) during which any players inside small but increasingly bigger hits of damage. Then after that period of time the entire building is on fire and people inside start taking large hits of damage and have a chance to acquire a "burn" status effect which does small amounts of damage and can only be cured by dousing your burn in a water source.

After a few more minutes the building collapses and continues to smolder until server restart. If you walk on the smoldering remains you take damage and have a chance to get burned.

And to put out the fire stop, drop and roll.

J

Jerry coctail of a molotov can?

Jerry can + empty whiskey bottle + rag + matches = ?