Sign in to follow this  
RiseAgainstWhat

Transferring OA from one PC to another.

My mate really wants to play DayZ, but unfortunately his internet cap is so low he can't download ArmA II or OA. Researching it, it seems I can transfer my arma ii operation arrowhead folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common to same location on his computer as long as he buys the game and expansion and verifies the files. My question is will transferring it actually work?

Also, I know my CD Key is tied to my DayZ character and I assume the CD Key is contained in the arma ii operation arrowhead folder, so will steam automatically replace my CD Key in the folder with a new one when the files are verified or will my friend and I with the same character or something? Any help is appreciated.

Should work, i suggested the same technique to my friend for battlefield bad company 2 and it worked.

It might just need to verify and download a few files.

• Like 1

you could try making a steam backup and then run the backup on his pc. also i dont understand how your internet cap is too low to download arma 2 you shouldnt be using the internet if thats true thats awful.

He's only got 12GB a month and if it goes over it costs a stupidly large amount, so he doesn't want to risk it. I guess we'll just try it out and hope it doesn't screw my character! :)

it wont do anything to your character i can be sure of that the cd key is registered to the steam account

• Like 1