Sign in to follow this  
Darkstra

Cannot stop walking backwards o.O

Problem solved!

Hello guys!

I've got some kind of weird buggy situation over here. I can't stop walking backwards ingame.

It's like my S key is bugged somehow... Once I press it after logging in to take a step back, it'll somehow toggle, and won't let me untoggle. The only way to reset is by competely closing Arma, and restarting it.

I have looked at a number of possible explainations and fixes, but I just can't seem to fix it.

When I type an 's' in another program (lets say word, or chrome's search bar) it doesn't repeat. So it's not like my key is somehow just repeating.

I've also checked if the controll of walking backwards ingame had somehow changed, which was not the case (Still S and down arrow).

The funny thing is, when I try changing a keybinding - doesn't matter which one - it will automatically place the S as the first key. As if I just typed it. Once. (I was able to delete the hotkey though, which lets me stop running backwards.. but it's not very convenient to press down arrow each time I want to walk backwards ^^)

Hope somebody recognizes my problem, or knows how to fix this.

It's really hurting my ability to collect some beans!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

here's the little video I made after logging in.

The video quality is not as I expected, but you'll probably get the idea.

Edited by Darkstra

Hello mate,

I have had this too :(

Easy fix though, press S and W at the same time (also works if you are strafing, A and D at the same time).

Regards

Forlorn

Its just the game. Happens to me a lot. I got left sometimes too....Usually corrects itself after 5-10 min of me pressing crouch, prone, stand,etc...lol

Well this normally happens after you pass out and your character is still moving in the direction you were going before you passed out. The way to fix this is two possible ways:

First, go into the controls options find the move backwards option and the keys that should be binded are (*S* and *DOWNWARD ARROW*) now unbind both and rebind them and click OK then go back in-game then that should fix it.

Second way is to just button mash W, A, S and D then that should stop it to, I know this works because this is how I fix it when it happens but both work because I've done them both.

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

I've tried some hard button mashing.. Nothing changed though. I may have to try longer? a few tries of combinations like W + S, W + A + S, W + D + S, W + A + S + D.. even in different sequences didn't help.

Also, I tried unbinding the backwards action, then set it back to default. Funny thing there is that only the down arrow works afterwards, and S won't do anything ^^.

There's some crazy shit going on B)

Edited by Darkstra

More often than not the simple fix is to press the key in the direction you are stuck moving(so backwars is S, right is D etc), it been around a long time. If that doesn't fix it, check any other controllers/periferals you have that could be interfering, Steering wheels, Joysticks etc and unplug them.

• Like 1

I've tried that several times too ;). No effect though.

I have no external controllers or whatsoever connected to my notebook besides my mouse.. Which doesn't cause it.

I'm playing on Windows 7 via bootcamp on my 2010 macbook pro... Is it possible this has anything to do with it?

Still haven't found anything that fixes it.

I made a little video about my bug. This might give a clearer understanding of what happens.

While recording te video, I release the S button right after pressing it. So not holding it ;).

Only way to go forward is sprinting. After stopping that i'll just run backwards once more o.O.

I added it into my first post.

Fixed!

Thanks for all possible fixes, though the problem was somehow caused by my fraps (recording program).

Don't really know how.. But when I close fraps the problem disappears :).