Sign in to follow this  
Elderic

Map Hacks

Well I just encountered a douchebag on serverUS 1396 list of names: Jiam, Max, Oblivion Walker, Raizan, Swag on my d. I was on the outskirts of Zelenogorsk at a farm at night getting water. when a Car pulls up from no where and dude gets out and unloads on me with a machinegun and kills me. There is no way he could have seen me driving up I was in my gilliesuit in the grass hidden because i heard the car coming with my NVG on. He drove up and jumped out and shoot me like he just knows I was there. There must be a MAP hack out there telling where everyone is. This is kinda lame so far I have been killed with no one around and I have lost all my weapons, tool and backpack instantly, so now there is a map hack. I guess people dont like to play this game but rather use exploites and hacks to grief people over and over. These people are going to ruin this game before it even gets going really unless something is done. This game has the worst security that I have ever seen. YES I KNOW IT'S BETA but still takes a legit person probably an hour to get geared up and sneek away from town safely without player killed or by zombies but these jerk offs I am sure are duplicating their gear or just creating it and I know they can because I saw a guy spawn a helicopter in middle of town fly up and crash then spawned another. I have also seen a guy in GOD mode becuase he ran into the store I was at yelling shoot me and being a complete idoit so I did several clips into his body and face and he just laughed then he vanished and my son which was on the east coast of the map exploring incountered the same european accent speaking individual but he killed my son instead of acting the fool around him.

My friends and Family are about feed up with the problems these players are creating and tired of wasting hours to get gear and try to get to each other to play the survival game and also dealing with the very bad graphical issues that pops up randomly it seems. So we are all going to probably stop playing even though we love the game... It is sad really was fun at the begining but not so much now because it is nearly unplayable.

Could it have been that you were on a server with nametags, etc. and regular mode, which makes you see your own position on the map, and other people as signatures on the map? If that's so, then it wasn't a hack, it was server set to noobie-mode.

Some of the hacks you are talking about happen a lot. (God mode, teleport, making everyone visible etc.)

BUT....The part of your report that might be legit play though was you laying in the grass in a ghillie suit as a vehicle drove up.

Outside of 50meters (about), that grass doesn't exist. Grass is only drawn in close for your decorative purposes so anyone driving up from far away would actually see you laying there all big and fluffy in the ghillie suit in an empty field.

no I checked my map often and there was no markings of any kind for zombie or player or even recent movement and it was regular.

Edited by Elderic

I didnt know that but it was to quick for that to be the case he know I was there and drove up stop and imediately jumped out and ran to me and fire when in range it was way fast I was hiding in the grass but there was also other debri around me like those short cement walls and some chicken coop or something like that. I know I wasn't that easily seen.

I just would like a place to go where my friends and family and I can play the survival game without hackers I dont mind getting killed by players/bandits if done legit. But I really dont think this will ever exist with the current server rules because only way to semi stop them or atleast make it harder for them is to have password locked servers with a screening of players allowed to join.

Edited by Elderic

I didnt know that but it was to quick for that to be the case he know I was there and drove up stop and imediately jumped out and ran to me and fire when in range it was way fast I was hiding in the grass but there was also other debri around me like those short cement walls and some chicken coop or something like that. I know I wasn't that easily seen.

If there was no debris then you were not covered at all. That grass you think you are in was only visible to you close up, not to him as he drove up until he got quite close but by then he'd already seen you.

Go to an open field and look out into it. You will see a line where the grass no longer is drawn. Anyone outside of that sees no grass around you.

Worth keeping in mind in the future. Try laying under trees or in bushes so distant players are less likely to see you.

I said there was Debri around me that helped cancel me

maybe he had NVG and they had a spotter with L85, you just never know. i know when i lose all my stuff i feel like spitting on the monitor, but..