Sign in to follow this  
Star12351

Trading?????????

Alright, this may be a silly thread, but I just joined the DayZ forums today, and I have been looking around and I see a lot of trading threads. I just want to know, how does a trade work? Yes, I know.. I offer something I get something.. But I don't really feel safe when trading, cus the guy that I'm trading could have a sniper behind a tree ready to take me out, and I don't really want to take that risk with all of my good stuff, as50, ghille, nvg, rangefinder, gps etc...

So if anyone can please explain to me, how do people trade? :/

Thanks!

There are trusted trading groups around, like the Freeside trading company and CTS (their camp was just raided so they are out of busines for now) Also, when looking for someone to trade with, the safest bet is to pick someone who already has positive feedback from other traders.

Also if you are not sure if you can trust a guy, you could store your items on your own server and set a meeting point on another server and only bring the item you are trading. That way if things go sour, you won't lose all your items, just one :)

Edited by Teach

that part is kinda up to you. generally you want the other person on vent, some people will put stuff into the other person's backpack. people can trade through vehicles. most have sniper cover. some will give a friend all of their valuables in the event they die.

the mechanics of the trade are your call, take enough precautions to cover your ass for the risk level involved.

edit: Sorry, misunderstood the last question

But yes, you can do that, or just place the item on the other player's backpack. There are many options

Edited by Teach

What I usually do is set up a meeting point inside a building that I have set up with satchel charges in and have a friend on standby if the other player happens to open fire

• Like 1

Only bring the items you are going to trade to the meeting site, and nothing else. Stash the rest at a well hidden tent. So even if they betray you, you only lost those items.

Alternatively, bring your own security but that may just cost both of you your stuff if they are good.

I generally tell them where to meet often some field or clearing but not at what server.

Then I pick a low populated night server and set up a fire in the clearing.

Tell them to go to the fire and not have any weapons selected. If you are trading them a weapon make sure they don't pick it up until you have left.

I like the satchel idea... if only i had one.

I only trade ammo and I only trade one round at a time and I only give it.

Seriously though do not drop ANYTHING on the ground that you want to see ever again. it is a terrible idea.

Having said that, just do what clans and groups do - move the item out of/in to their pack.

I made a trade with the CTS group just the other day. Max said usually they have a sniper on overwatch but didnt bother with me, but that was only because i'm a whitelisted medic. We met in a server on a road just outside of Staroye and made the swap. I out the item on the ground for him to take, he then let me take the items i was recieving from his backpack. Smooth as silk and then we both legged it together into the woods to log out and go our seperate ways :thumbsup:

Definately the guys to go to, but as Teach said, their camp was raided so they're currently not in business. As soon as they're back trading i would definately give them a shout.

While many will tell you to not trade its too risky, I would say (imho) its well worth the risk! Case and point had a M24 and since I am not the sniper type decided to try and trade it for something more useful to me.

Posted the rifle here in these forums and had a few its a waste of time comments and so forth and a few more useful suggestions, anyway make a long story short ended up trading with 3 guys and got a nice silenced rifle and other items ...best part is made 3 new friends that I now travel with.