Harshm

Do people in this mod ever trade?

Me and a few friends are considering becoming traders. Do you think it's a bad or good idea? and yes i know we'll probably die lol.

If you're well aware you're going to die, and you don't take each death harshly, I'd say go for it :P However, I'd recommend having a good mic; its easier to say something than type it, and you can keep your gun trained on that person should you have to say something and they're not exactly as calm as you.

In one server I was in, a group of survivor/bandits took over Bolota airfield. They had generous supplies of ammunition, weaponry, and medical supplies. Anyone with car parts, helicopter parts, or other particulars we're permitted to come in and trade for what they needed. I thought that was cool.

You will need to set up a system that allows for your death without loss of your inventory.

I suggest pitching a tent, putting your inventory inside, and use a predefined spot with rules to commence the trade.

Even then, you will probably lose out

it's fine if you have a buddy with a Remington standing over as you do the trade. never access gear without someone watching your back. that's just asking for a bullet to the face.

If you could develop a reputation it'd actually be pretty cool to use a 2 man system (ie. one guy with nothing on him comes to meet you, takes your DMR ammo, logs off, your associate does the same to take mp5sd ammo from another trader, then you each give the other party the ammo they actually wanted).

It'd be pretty easy to do by simply having an arranged meeting spot but keeping the server a secret (so you could quickly transfer for the 2 players by d/c'ing and connecting to the server the 2nd party was on).

You'd need the reputation for the players to actually trust giving you the ammo (or even meeting with you as you could just gun them down and take their stuff).

I also don't see what would be in it for you -- I'm pretty full on items most of the time, but I guess some people want to hoard more and more gear. you could probably make it a one time fee service or something (buy in by paying you with a rare item one time fee and you will broker any trades in the future etc?).

Me and a few friends are considering becoming traders. Do you think it's a bad or good idea? and yes i know we'll probably die lol.

ppl trade bullets in this game all the time, some end up magically back at the beancoast for some reason.

SCARCITY

Right now trading isn't viable because of the whole "Oh I'll just kill you thing", but most stuff can be found in abundance anyway so there is no reason to trade.

I think antibiotics need to be the most valuable item, to the point people will trade NVGs for them.

Yeah, I want the plague to ravage us.

ppl trade bullets in this game all the time' date=' some end up magically back at the beancoast for some reason.

[/quote']

Yep, mostly find people wanting to trade one bullet for the contents of your backpack. From the amount of screaching going on in chat, it would seem to be quite effective.

I was on a server the other day and it had a trader on it and he managed to convince some randoms to trade with him. So his 'clients' became his backup, then some bandits tried to spoil his scheme and failed miserably. I thought it pretty awesome emergent game-play.

Individual trades between strangers? I've never seen it.

If you wanted to establish yourself as a trader you could do it if you put the work in. Several methods have already been mentioned. There is another thread somewhere on here with a player announcing his intentions to become a doctor. Helping any in need with medical supplies. With the way this game is set up anything is possible really. As long as you're willing to put in the work.

There is another thread somewhere on here with a player announcing his intentions to become a doctor. Helping any in need with medical supplies. With the way this game is set up anything is possible really. As long as you're willing to put in the work.

This is excellent, between Obamacare and my high deductibles, I may look him up :)

Update: Had a successful trade earlier. Food and water for medicine. Felt pretty good. I held a covered position, and guided the person by landmark to the area. We traded by placing items in each others backpacks. He was a complete stranger.

I would say give it a go! it would be awesome to see players creating there own ideas in real time game play effecting others. However I must warn you that people will be trying to hunt you down... cough bandit cough. But neither the less give it a go!

I trade with people quite a lot, but he rules are guns down and the items to be droped at a distance, then we croaa paths to get our respective stuff.

At which point i quickly run away unless they seem fun.

ppl trade bullets in this game all the time' date=' some end up magically back at the beancoast for some reason.

[/quote']

Well they are just trying to share their ammo the fastest way they know how.

I usually carry a few trade items in my pack just in case. It's been a handy habit to keep on more than one occasion.

I tried to trade a M9 SD for a knife and no one replied...maybe there was a language barrier. /shrug

I attempt to trade whenever possible and carry at least 2 of everything (I'm a damn pack rat when I can survive for some time) matches, maps, compasses, etc. Hopefully as the mod progresses people will be more willing.

I've noticed lately that more and more people aren't shooting on site. I was in a store in Zelenogorsk with a couple guys. I didn't say anything, but crouched right up to one of them and basically pushed him out of the way so I could get by lol. They didn't shoot. I was low on blood (at 3k) so I really didn't care if they did or not, but it worked out well in the end. I just left the store and went on my way. Died to Z's about 50ft from the store though heh. Other time's I've just played like the other players weren't even there. No chat or anything just went about my business (searching loot piles and whatnot in front of them). No shots fired. Thing's are looking up. :D

Before all the shooting on sight started a few weeks back i traded away a UH-1 fore a packet of shoutgun shells and a cola. (i think i got the better of that trade ;))

Got my first hunting knife in "exchange" fore information about the lay of the land.

Just as Gibbonici i try to keep a few items around that i could give away to others that need them more than me. If you are polite and frendly you might end up wite a shiny new map or a few extra rounds.

I am recruiting a dozen good men who would like to establish an in game trading hub with me. If you are interested PM me. We will recruit more once we are established so that we can support a 24 hour trading hub.

The problem as i see it is that the game has no economy yet. AND very few groups.

YOu can make your own economy of sorts cuz weapons/ammo/food/antibiotis have value.

but you still need the groups' date=' i have seen the thread made by Reids Rangers, maybe if their group functioned like [i']Duty does in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and protect you guys in exchange for gear you might make your trading post "safe" for trading.

Otherwise your just making a SAFE raiding post :P

P.S. NO 2 man job or some such nonsense you and your budy there might be the traders but your protection has to be an actual group. 5+ atleast!

Individual trades between strangers? I've never seen it.

If you wanted to establish yourself as a trader you could do it if you put the work in. Several methods have already been mentioned. There is another thread somewhere on here with a player announcing his intentions to become a doctor. Helping any in need with medical supplies. With the way this game is set up anything is possible really. As long as you're willing to put in the work.

there is a huge difference between trading and the medic guy giving transfusions and such.

He only has medical gear' date=' and loners cant give themselfs transfusions.

hes an actually service/commodity you wil no longer enjoy if you put him to sleep.(there are many brain dead players that shoot everythign on sight though so ya logic will fail there)

traders have items that others might want, hell ppl cant tell what he has and he still runs the VERY high risk of getting killed just by curiosity/greed.

PPl are getting killed for their beans and Makaroni pistol and you think the cute trader will not? :P

You can steal all his best Commodity for nothing in return WIN/WIN i mean WIN/BANG![/b']