Sign in to follow this  
noobfun

helicopter hit model, where the hells the hull?

ok two guys ambushed two of ours yesterday while refuleing the chopper, 1 of thiers died the other spent the next 6 hours ghosting combat d/cing and generally being a total pansy to try and get the chopper (yeah you know i mean you ya [5*] noob)

we shoot the chopper down after he ghosted right next to it and jumped in (unsuprisingly alt+f4 and ran away) after 5 hours of this crap including him mostly repairing it while we were occupied else where

we just went guns blazing on it, we didnt have the windshields to reapir the rediculous leack and we dam sure wasnt letting this prick get it so we hit it with 20 AS50 rounds(the actual round not the m107 mags) and multipul stanag (around 15 mags) and a satchel charge

everything was smashed, main prop, engine, rear prop, instruments all with the exception of the hull

main prop - you shoot the rotor arm

engine - straight below that

instruments - shoot the nose

tail prop - shoot the tail prop

hull - where the hell do you have to hit it for this? we literally raked the sides of the chopper(front to back) with fire then went at it with axes and still nothing

tl;dr [5*] clan are ghosting pricks, where do ya shoot chopper to break the hull?

Edited by stuffnthings

I have similar experience.

Me and my friend grabbed some parts from our server and went to random server to skalisty to recover a chopper and do stupid random stuff with it around cherno but my friend got killed when AFKing next to the chopper while I was going there so we assumed that he wasnt killed by zombies but players trying to recover the chopper too and we reequipped properly.

Long story short, we unleashed hell and the chopper survived about 30 handgrenade explosions :D Everything was red, but the hull was green. But it was totally worth it, the chopper was fullly repaired before that :D

u literally have to crash the helicopter on the ground to break the hull, and i believe this is the only way besides the m136 missile launcher

i havent tried this but u can crawl under the heli and shoot at the bottom that might be the hull.

Edited by JAKENBAKEN

I am not sure if you can still Parachute in Day-Z or if that was taken out. But the best to do it would be to eject from 1400m in the air. But seeing of your situation, I think its nose of the chopper and area between the tail and the seats. Sorry wish i could more help good luck though, :thumbsup:

(Ghoster = noobs of worst kind) >:(

nose is the instruments (two lower glass bubbles and the black bit inbetween), and i walked 10 AS50 shots personally along the tail up to the gunners chair

guess ill try crawling under it if its still there