Sign in to follow this  
TheSneakySpy

Could it run DayZ Mostly Maxed w/o shadows?

I'm buying a Barebones, and then buying a replacement PSU and a GFX card, which is the GTX 560 1gb Fermi

(Barebones – 343$)

(http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2628604&CatId=5294)

Parts Of the barebones

• ADATA Premier Series AD3U1333C4G9-SH Desktop Memory Module - 4GB, PC3-10666, DDR3-1333MHz, 240-pin DIMM
  • ADATA Premier Series AD3U1333C4G9-SH Deskt
  • op Memory Module - 4GB, PC3-10666, DDR3-1333MHz, 240-pin DIMM
  • Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s
  • Ultra XBlaster Mid-Tower V2 Case - ATX, MicroATX, USB 2.0, Audio, 6x 3.5" Bays, 3x 5.25" Bays, 7x PCI Slots, Includes 450W PSU, Lifetime Warranty with Registration
  • Thermaltake TR2-R1 / AMD Socket AM2/939/754 / Aluminum / 92mm Fan / CPU Cooler
  • Sony Optiarc AD7280S-OB 24x DVDRW Drive - 24x, SATA, Black, OEM
  • Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P AMD 760 AM3+ Motherboard
  • AMD Phenom 2 x4 3.4 ghz quad core

Graphics card – Geforce GTX 560 Fermi 1gb-160$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130660

Power supply – APEVIA ATX – 60$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-182-032&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

Total – 563$ With rebates and stuff

So, will it run DayZ on a 1900x1080 resolution at medium/high with no shadows, at 45-60 frames?

I'm playing on a £700/$1100 laptop and can barely run it with maxed settings, without shadows.

Considering laptops arent really meant to deal with games, i should be able to run this well with few problems

Considering laptops arent really meant to deal with games

It's a gaming laptop. Built specifically for gaming.

And i have a friend who owns a Laptop with the same GFX card, RAM, and a similar processor, and it was very much in your range, so i'm confident in my ability to run DayZ fine, but i'm just looking for some pros, as i am not one

You can't really be sure with ArmA II. My most important specs are:

- XFX HD 6850 BE (OC @ 875/1100)

- AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE (stock, actually undervolt by 0.1 because my ATX case sucks ass and makes my CPU live in freakin' hell)

- OCZ Reaper HCZ 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM

And a SATA II 500GB HDD down to my last 40GB.

When I get in a GOOD server (and I want emphasis on this motherloving word) I have a minimum of 28-30 FPS on the countryside, average 35 to 45. When inside cities I get a minimum of 20 but I relog every 5 minutes because of buildings and other things hogging my computer. In under 10 minutes in a big city I get down to 10 FPS easily.

I have sceneComplexity set at 50000 so I get some building texture LOD pop-ups but I don't mind it one bit.

My in-game settings are in the picture.

acn0ZPK1.jpg

Visibility, terrain and object detail are server controlled (object partially AFAIK). Other settings are not an issue for my GPU, even AA or PP if I wanted to have it on.

That said, if you can overclock the CPU that comes with the barebones you should be able to squeeze some better performance out of it.

Edited by desfocado

I will be overclocking a bit if i can get another fan in, i dont want it to overheat. As your specs are nearly identical to my soon to be computer, i should have it running fine, hopefully.

Yeah, and since you'll have a brand new HDD hopefully you'll get smoother gameplay. Do me a favor and don't fill it with crap like I did. If you can afford the luxury get an SSD or a system/ArmA II HDD + other stuff hdd combo.

Edited by desfocado

How much would a arma/dayz SSD get me in frames? I'm all for a 60$ purchase to gain about 10 frames or so

How much would a arma/dayz SSD get me in frames? I'm all for a 60$ purchase to gain about 10 frames or so

Well you can try using RAMDisk and install DayZ files there.

I play everything on high on a Mac (GeForce 320m). You shouldn't have any troubles.

Gator, not sure if you are trolling, or are mistaken

I didnt know you could run DayZ on a mac o.o

I'm not sure, there aren't really many SSD game performance tests dedicated to ArmA II or DayZ, and this engine is unique so I wouldn't know for sure.

I has GTX 460m in my laptop but i think my mega slow processor is letting me down atm.

Graphics are all on med but the moment you come across some trees my framerate runs off into the distance

Yes, that will run DayZ fine. I also have a gaming laptop - the Asus G73 series to be precise, and I can run it on very high (shadows medium) with no AA/AF/PP and get 30-60 frames depending on location. Does drop to ~19 in cities though if the server is shit.

Specs: i7 720QM, ATI mHD 5870, 16GB 1600MHz Kingston HyperX, running it off of a 7200RPM HDD, no SSD.

The desktop you posted shouldn't have any trouble. To the guy posting about his laptop, and cost etc, gaming laptops are a lot more expensive than an equivalent desktop, so yes yours costs more but that doesn't mean squat. Also a desktop gfx card will be a lot more powerful than the same numbered laptop card. Combine a lot less room for overclocking, the impossibility of adding in a second card CF/SLI etc.