griffinz

Devs, Friends of Devs, and Server Admins in-game...

Guess it was time i created an account and gave some feedback after now playing this game for 2 weeks solid, expecially after last nights encounter with hack / hackers?

Having survived for 4 days straight racking up over 1600 zed kills and only 1 murder in self defence, me and my 6 freinds who also were online and ingame on same server were minding our own business up at the NEAS when suddenly one by one within a time frame of 3 seconds were dead, sniped with no sound of any rifle being fired, naturaly we were upset for we are all freindly players willing to help out strangers, we like to share those stories of how we helped others round a camp fire while eating some beans or unfortunate live stock we had killed and gutted.

All of my freinds whom now had to start from scratch decided to switch to another server now that some tool decided to play terrorist, but i stayed, i decided to attempt making a run back upto the NEAS to see if could scavenge some equipment back, as i got 3/4 of the way up i noticed the winchester i had found and carrying in hand suddenly turned into a brittish anti material rifle, the most powerfull sniper rifle in the game, plus my backpack turned into the best backpack in the game, it was a huge WTF moment, i stopped to see what was inside the backpack, it was loaded with goodies, a ghilli suit, a m16 with the red dot open scope and silencer attached, had also NVG and range finder binocular + other goodies etc, but then suddently everyone on the server died, i was still in a team voice chat with my buddies who were on other servers being told the same thing was happening to them? and that all the players on that server were killed, almost simutanously did all the players on the server i was on & the players of the server they were on were wiped out? But what if some of the players who had recieved these goodies decided to abort out of the game? taking with them all the equipment? before like all the rest, were killed? i wonder how many out there are now equiped to the teeth and survived the oncoming server wide slay by aborting out? perhaps a system wide wipe of all players listed in the main hive database is required?

So how is this possible i wonder? who could possibly have this kind of ability? has someone in the DayZ development team gone rouge and thrown a hissy fit? would the dayZ development team want there player base / betta testers to be treated in such a manner? my opinion of this matter is that its cruel concidering how some of us players have spent days trying to build up our survivor only to be hacked by some douch bag to death through the use of someone cheating or abusing there privelages.

The graphic glitch i can accept and work around while still hoping a patchfix comes through soon (Note: i did read through a bug reporting thread about this issue, some 14 pages of comments but not 1 reply from one of the DayZ team to reasure the players confidence its being looked into)

The battleEye script description #55 involving vehicles i can accept and continue on playing holding onto hope a fix will come.

But this kind of abuse and cheating as mentioned above i refuse to accept, for me its the straw that broke the camels back.

In another thread players were mentioning how this has cost them money while others response to that its a free mod, yes its a free mod, but perhaps those players are like me and were suguested this game by a friend? i am not interested in playing Arma2, i baught the Arma2 combined operations souly to play DayZ, i enjoy playing games that consist of surviving zombie appocolypse's,

Thats my 2 cents, like it or not, take it or leave it, lots of Pro's & Con's with this game, one must expect critisism and praise, its has great potential, but looks to have many loop holes, this is just my own opinion tho also shared by those i have spoken with, i might add in that im 34yrs of age and have been gaming since i could walk down to the local arcade parlor and play a pinball machine or arcade game for just 20 cents, my feedback is usually welcomed when playing either L4D2 or KillingFloor, i guess thats why i was made one of the head admins on 2 of the most successful modded servers for both game servers called mgftw<-L4D2 & IGC-International Gaming Comunity<-KillingFloor.

I understand this is still in the Beta stages, it sure is helping sell copies of Arma2 im certain, still some bugs needing to be weeded out as im also sure the DayZ dev team is aware of, for example the fact that ghilli suits or camo clothes allow the player to duplicate backpacks,

ok this post tho its my 1st since only created this account just moments ago is probably long enough, so ill leave it there and check back in to see if caught any attention, it might take a couple days for me to get over last nights incident and persist on with enjoying this game due to its zombie surviving realism, it is the best zombie appocolypse simulation i have played.

Edited by Nort
  • Like 2

Well it has happened again, just when i build up my character finding a ghilli suit, a AS50 with 4 clips, M1A4 CCO SD with 4 clips, M9 SD with 5 clips, Range finder binoculars, NVG, coyote backpack, a blood bag, 2 morphine shots, some steak i hunted down, when some bottom puss maggot decides to jump into the server and warp everyone on the server up into the air only to fall to there death, i have had an absolute gut full of this happening to me, everytime i die it is from some hacker, im cool with being killed by other players or zombies by ligit means, but this is seriously pissing me off as im sure many others are getting, i want my equipment back, i spent so much time aquiring it through fair play, i would appreciate a response from one of the DayZ team please, because this is one friendly gamer who is about to walk without looking back.

Checking in this morning to see if any response overnight? guess not, since i was in a bit of a rage posting what had happened to me, i forgot i left out the part where i had shot & killed someone only 5min before the hacker teleported everyone on the server into the air & to there deaths, it was on his corpse that i found the range finder, NVG, and M1A4 CCO SD & ghilli suit, i had already got the other stuff myself exc ept for the AS50, that was passed onto me by a friend once he found a DMR which he prefer's. the server we were playing on was US 1592, the hacker killed us all at around 2am australian time, i emediatly posted here in the thread soon after, taking into account our daylight savings time, it was about 3am this happened maybe, but if there are logs and if they are time stamped, the DayZ team can check them or battleEye can, and see im telling the truth and can catch the imbred retard who done it, i still want my gear back, i gained it fairly, just like every other time i built up my survivor only to have some hacker ruin my progress :-(

Guess it was time i created an account and gave some feedback after now playing this game for 2 weeks solid, expecially after last nights encounter with hack / hackers?

Having survived for 4 days straight racking up over 1600 zed kills and only 1 murder in self defence, me and my 6 freinds who also were online and ingame on same server were minding our own business up at the NEAS when suddenly one by one within a time frame of 3 seconds were dead, sniped with no sound of any rifle being fired, naturaly we were upset for we are all freindly players willing to help out strangers, we like to share those stories of how we helped others round a camp fire while eating some beans or unfortunate live stock we had killed and gutted.

All of my freinds whom now had to start from scratch decided to switch to another server now that some tool decided to play terrorist, but i stayed, i decided to attempt making a run back upto the NEAS to see if could scavenge some equipment back, as i got 3/4 of the way up i noticed the winchester i had found and carrying in hand suddenly turned into a brittish anti material rifle, the most powerfull sniper rifle in the game, plus my backpack turned into the best backpack in the game, it was a huge WTF moment, i stopped to see what was inside the backpack, it was loaded with goodies, a ghilli suit, a m16 with the red dot open scope and silencer attached, had also NVG and range finder binocular + other goodies etc, but then suddently everyone on the server died, i was still in a team voice chat with my buddies who were on other servers being told the same thing was happening to them? and that all the players on that server were killed, almost simutanously did all the players on the server i was on & the players of the server they were on were wiped out? But what if some of the players who had recieved these goodies decided to abort out of the game? taking with them all the equipment? before like all the rest, were killed? i wonder how many out there are now equiped to the teeth and survived the oncoming server wide slay by aborting out? perhaps a system wide wipe of all players listed in the main hive database is required?

So how is this possible i wonder? who could possibly have this kind of ability? has someone in the DayZ development team gone rouge and thrown a hissy fit? would the dayZ development team want there player base / betta testers to be treated in such a manner? my opinion of this matter is that its cruel concidering how some of us players have spent days trying to build up our survivor only to be hacked by some douch bag to death through the use of someone cheating or abusing there privelages.

The graphic glitch i can accept and work around while still hoping a patchfix comes through soon (Note: i did read through a bug reporting thread about this issue, some 14 pages of comments but not 1 reply from one of the DayZ team to reasure the players confidence its being looked into)

The battleEye script description #55 involving vehicles i can accept and continue on playing holding onto hope a fix will come.

But this kind of abuse and cheating as mentioned above i refuse to accept, for me its the straw that broke the camels back.

In another thread players were mentioning how this has cost them money while others response to that its a free mod, yes its a free mod, but perhaps those players are like me and were suguested this game by a friend? i am not interested in playing Arma2, i baught the Arma2 combined operations souly to play DayZ, i enjoy playing games that consist of surviving zombie appocolypse's,

Thats my 2 cents, like it or not, take it or leave it, lots of Pro's & Con's with this game, one must expect critisism and praise, its has great potential, but looks to have many loop holes, this is just my own opinion tho also shared by those i have spoken with, i might add in that im 34yrs of age and have been gaming since i could walk down to the local arcade parlor and play a pinball machine or arcade game for just 20 cents, my feedback is usually welcomed when playing either L4D2 or KillingFloor, i guess thats why i was made one of the head admins on 2 of the most successful modded servers for both game servers called mgftw<-L4D2 & IGC-International Gaming Comunity<-KillingFloor.

I understand this is still in the Beta stages, it sure is helping sell copies of Arma2 im certain, still some bugs needing to be weeded out as im also sure the DayZ dev team is aware of, for example the fact that ghilli suits or camo clothes allow the player to duplicate backpacks,

ok this post tho its my 1st since only created this account just moments ago is probably long enough, so ill leave it there and check back in to see if caught any attention, it might take a couple days for me to get over last nights incident and persist on with enjoying this game due to its zombie surviving realism, it is the best zombie appocolypse simulation i have played.

omg i was thinking the same thing and im 37yrs old and yah ive been gaming too since i first walked into the local pizza joint to play pinball wich i rarely see any more i bought this game for the mod only and on our server my clan rents we have been haked multiple times in the last week teleporting players that look like jason from the movie and invincible axe carrying douche bags, chopper spawners, been teleported in to the debug zone whole server with legs broke guys name was -_- just like that and gosh there is alot of bugs but i love the game the haking i could really do without i have a big clan of 20ish people who suggested the game have yet to play the arma2 and dont want to bought the game just for dayz love the mod for sure but now my whole clan who just rents a server has raged due to the haking i kinda feel like ive waisted my cash but im in hopes of them putting the ban hammer down on these douche bag hackers
  • Like 1

Attention everyone:

I want to share something with you before you see an admin/dev/me in a server with good equipment:

We don't have the ability to spawn in items/teleport

Saying that, I think about 3 people in the whole world has the ability to alter the contents of a person's inventory at the database level, and those people probably have no time to actually play this game for any amount of time.

Most of us know where the good loot is by exploring. Most of us have been playing for a long time, so it comes with experience.

Thanks,

Griff

hey i was on dayz lastnight with a couple of friends and we got into a hacked server there was flames all over our screens and then two hackers started talking to my friend and somehow changed everything in his pack gave him a as50 and gillie suit and all other junk then they teleported me to them and gave me all the same stuff and spawned a chopper after flying around and shooting people and things they crashed the chopper killed us all then left the lobby im wondering if we are likly to get banned for this? cause i later fooound out its against the rules to comunicate with a hacker. thanks a reply would be nice

hey i was on dayz lastnight with a couple of friends and we got into a hacked server there was flames all over our screens and then two hackers started talking to my friend and somehow changed everything in his pack gave him a as50 and gillie suit and all other junk then they teleported me to them and gave me all the same stuff and spawned a chopper after flying around and shooting people and things they crashed the chopper killed us all then left the lobby im wondering if we are likly to get banned for this? cause i later fooound out its against the rules to comunicate with a hacker. thanks a reply would be nice

your safe, in future it might be best to stay away though...

having the same loot in the same places, is one of the worst things about this game. more dice rolls plz

ive stopped playing this game completely, ive uninstalled arma2 fully, this game is infested with hackers and i refuse to play, everyone has an as50 and full gear if they arent fully hacking, tehy are just using cheat engine in servers with no script restriction kicks gearing up and joining the good servers they wanna be in, its pretty out of control. there is a hacking website which i know all of you are probably familiar with that u can buy hacks for as little as $15 and have godmode and everything u can imagine. and there is 500+ users registered as vip's on the site so its pretty bad... this game is so hackable its just not worth playing at all, if you do you just waste countless hours of gameplay to people scripting in weapons and all or using ESP hacks from a multiple range of cheating sites. this game is just being used as a moneymaker honestly and there is no true care in the dev community about this game otherwise it would be long awway from alpha now and haivng "alpha" not being some sorry excuse for the hacking. rocket has made so much money on this mod or bohemia or whoever that they are just literally enjoying the money and not doing anything about it funding it towards the game anymore. they are not even giving us updates on a retail standalone at all, no screenshots ingame of a standalone nothing no model renders of actual work done on a standalone its just a word going around that they are doing it. they have given the community nothing back but a bunch of words that they are doing or will do or are going to do. but they have done absolutely zero, if not they may have came out with a couple patches here and there but to progress what? what are they making progress on? patching up a already broken game that has been bullied and beaten to death by hackers? its completely useless. any time u put in this game is a waste u will have ur character end up dying to some teleporting as50 thermal and u wont even know, everyone who might think they do die a legit death if only u would know who killed you everysingle time or what they did and if they hacked in gear would tell u the answer and quite literally id say its the flip of a coin at this point. im done with dayz and this is my conclusion of it, not going to waste my time getting hacked constantly in a alpha, having to resort to actually buying hacks to notice how bad it is while im having my leg up on them to see them everywhere as much as flipping a coin. then getting serverslayed when i wanna counter-defend myself from hackers cause no one can help me but myself eh? its pretty bad if u ask me. ive seen it all.

Edited by keyboardcatSS
  • Like 2

The problems are:

1. lack of documentation

2. Bugs are not fixed

3. new features and new bugs

4. no interest of the developer to fix it really, because "it is an alpha" (bullshit - 0.3 0.7 are alphas - the 1.7.x is pure laziness), and because "we are working on a standalone '" bullshit - because then you can say all that stopped. And so we are back at 1 poor communication.

The biggest shit are the tents, which I used to store, because nothing save the vehicles or switch from a bicycle to a tractor, etc. Now I will have tents with weapons after every restart I can use again - this is bullshit.

The whole Scriptkids I ban of hand - if their parents have already failed in education.

edit: I'm used to in an alpha, that communication is much more intense between Developer and Tester-Community. Currently sleeps here everything.

Edited by Mr. Church

and yet nothing has even been done or said to us even though we state these facts and no one is even trying to prove thes facts wrong.... no moderator is ever going to be able to respond to our reactions legitimitely cause its true.... in all immaturity aside.

Edited by keyboardcatSS

and yet nothing has even been done or said to us even though we state these facts and no one is even trying to prove thes facts wrong.... no moderator is ever going to be able to respond to our reactions legitimitely cause its true.... in all immaturity aside.

If I was them, I wouldn't reply to you either.

All I see is you whinging and complaining that it is too hard to play Day Z due to hackers. If it is for you, then move on.

its funny now since this game is completely dead, only like 10 servers on with 8 or 15 ppl LOL, ppl taht play private servers are playing more than dayz alone lol, game is now offically dead due to hackers, it was dying down since day one and all bohemia said was LETS SPONSOR THIS MOD DEV TEAM WOAH LOOK AT ALL THIS MONEY?!?! LOL

its funny now since this game is completely dead, only like 10 servers on with 8 or 15 ppl LOL, ppl taht play private servers are playing more than dayz alone lol, game is now offically dead due to hackers, it was dying down since day one and all bohemia said was LETS SPONSOR THIS MOD DEV TEAM WOAH LOOK AT ALL THIS MONEY?!?! LOL

your so wrong there are like 4500 servers on dayz commander and general theres atleast a couple of people in a majority of them its not dead just yet

yeah there's about 4500 Ive been running one for about a month and no real problems yet I play about 3 hours in the morning after I update the server and bout 20hours on the weekends (yes I'm a junkie when I can play I PLAY)*only discovered this game only about 2 months ago I feel ashamed at that fact. I also keep the community ban list up to date, that helps somewhat dwarden is still updating that on the community site. although I'm not sure the filters are being updated as often, imo its a lot of servers with mod's who have probably already left day z and barely do maintenance, so the server only has battleye to protect it, and outdated filters and banlists. hence more hackers there not to say there aren't a ton in general.

- Conclusion* Rent you own server if you want to enjoy the peace of mind that if a hacker does come to your doorstep you can personally lay down the ban hammer instantly

and if your going to tell me you don't want to pony up the 25 beans to enjoy your game then I suppose you wasted your 30 beans getting arma, sorry to hear that hackers are ruining things for you but I solved my issue, for a measly 25 dollars which I split per month with my team so it costs almost nothing, and I'm sure most of you guys out there have partners or a team of your own work it out, just my 2 cents.

- And I do realize you shouldn't have to pay to rent a server just to enjoy your game, but its worth it if you really want to play this game without having to worry about those cheating I did it, and I regret nothing!!

Edited by JackONeill

Rocky I think you have been hit in the head one to many times, but your right we don't want mods and devs to die.

Personally I think the best way to combat hackers would be to have a 24hr online police force who are on call to monitor servers for hackers and globally ban them immediately upon detection. Maybe this would only be on private pay to play servers without dev support but I think with official backing by devs with the tools to make this more effective and possible across all servers would be the best way to go. There are plenty of other games out there that have been blighted by hacking with no effective follow up by devs, it destroys confidence and blackens a games reputation. The question is, would there be enough support from the gaming community for this, would gamers be willing to pay to support an online police force to combat hackers if it guaranteed an almost cheat free gaming experience or at least provided you with the knowledge that something concrete was being done about it...? If Bohemia are quoting €25 for the standalone game, how many of us would be willing to pay €30 to support such a full time police force? If not officially supported by Bohemia, how many would be willing to pay for access to a policed private server?

• Like 1