Hello,my name is Tatoo and I am a member of the group The Regulators.

As a regulator my main goal is to help newbs and reduce banditry,so I thought why not take this out of the game and create a Q&A thread where you can ask about anything game related?

Well,here we go,ask any question and I'll do my best to answer you fully.

• Like 1

How do I turn my flashlight on???

You press "L" once its removed from your toolbelt,also,press "F" a few times to make sure its properly equiped.

Though I have a strange feeling you allready knew that ;)

• Like 1

Never heard of your group but good luck. If you need a medic, gimme a shout.

• Like 1

Great idea and I'm glad you answered that flash light question because so many people have buggy flashlights. Mine rarely work so I don't use them.

I'd advise all new players to throw them away. The moment you use them, you tell every other player "I'm here, come shoot me"

Here are a couple of questions from me - when I look at a dead player I get Examine Player, Open Pack... and so on. But when I try to open the pack I seem to have only the contents of my own pack. Is that because the other player's is empty and there is nothing in the left column to move to the right side?

Also, what is the safest way to swap packs? I get confused because sometimes I can't drop my backpack by using the move left arrow and there's no drop button for the backpack.

Should I take off my pack, take the bigger pack and then do I need to do anything else? I find my stuff is in the new backpack but others say they don't.

thanks

Sula

Edited by Sula

This is really good and will help so many newbs.

It's good that you're doing this.

• Like 1

Great idea and I'm glad you answered that flash light question because so many people have buggy flashlights. Mine rarely work so I don't use them.

I'd advise all new players to throw them away. The moment you use them, you tell every other player "I'm here, come shoot me"

Here are a couple of questions from me - when I look at a dead player I get Examine Player, Open Pack... and so on. But when I try to open the pack I seem to have only the contents of my own pack. Is that because the other player's is empty and there is nothing in the left column to move to the right side?

Also, what is the safest way to swap packs? I get confused because sometimes I can't drop my backpack by using the move left arrow and there's no drop button for the backpack.

Should I take off my pack, take the bigger pack and then do I need to do anything else? I find my stuff is in the new backpack but others say they don't.

thanks

Sula

Thats the way I do it,though i find swapping packs is buggy at best and I try to do it as little as possible.

And for your first question,this may be because the bag is empty or a bug.(Not to sure on that one,I dont usually kill and loot players as its against my code)

The safest way to "drop" a backpack is to drop the backpack in a car or in a tent. i know its timeconsuming but you will not loose it this way - as long as you pick it up again -

• Like 2

Regulator, almost every post I've made is about me not killing anyone! I am on dayz to survive, and I don't shoot anyone, probably wouldn't even if they were shooting me and I could see them. Self defence is the only excuse to kill in my view.

In elektro yesterday, I found nothing in the store except backpacks. Every spawn was a backpack. I thought it was a joke but that's all there was. I went to the office/school building near by as I heard flies. Climbed up and there were two plays. They had no guns but still wore backpacks. I rolled my mouse over them and it just showed the contents of my backpack.

There was another player above them, on the upper roof. He was dead too, no weapons. The place had been cleaned out. The church was empty and so was the firestation. But someone had put barbed wire around the church, and one of the entrances at the back of the store and fire station. But they were lying dead trapped in the little area they had made in the store.

Looked some alien had landed, killed everyone, took their weapons and loot and left their backpacks behind.

Rudson, thanks. I was on a bus yesterday, at Balota and bled to death because I couldn't open my gear while on a bus. G did nothing. Why is that?

Edited by Sula

While sitting in a car you can´t do anything exept to look around or get out of it. In my opinion using a bandage or taking medicin should be possible even using your weapon would work but apparently not in the game. If you become a fieldmedic in reallife you learn how to treat people while the ambulance is driving. They learn it by giving each other injections while someone is driving through rough terrain. You could have get of the bus and treat your wounds.

so long Rudson.

Thanks, Rudson. I kept saying I was dying but I was probably too polite and didn't make it clear that I meant dying right then. Plus I was the only one with a mic which makes it tricky. Good people though. I never found out who it was stopped for me with their bus when I was being chased by zombies. :thumbsup:

Here's a question. Can I have your stuff? lol

j/k

Great thread though. It's great too see someone volunteering help for us noobs.

It isn´t the first one i believe. But helping other survivors is a keyaspect of the game unless you´ve learned everything and become a badass bandit or a psychopath killing everything on sight ;)

thanks

Sula

best way i know to get the new pack without losing your stuff is to open their back, then scroll down to yours and transfer the contents of your backpack to the new one. then walk a few steps away, drop your current pack then go pick up the new one. this method while a little time consuming has worked every time for me.