Sign in to follow this  
Lacyway

Low FPS, startup parameters not working?

When I join a new server my FPS is ~50, sometimes lower. But after an hour or two the FPS is below 30 all the time and it stutters so much it's almost unplayable. I've tried lots of startup parameters, but they don't seem to work at all since after I put -world=chernarus it does not load the map at the main menu, is this feature disabled in DayZ or are they not loading?

Here's my parameters:

-skipIntro -noPause -winxp -high -world=Chernarus -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

In the normal ARMA 2 I have a stable 60 FPS without problems, has anyone at all been able to run the game at smooth FPS or is it because of the alpha?

Speccs:

GTX 460 1GB

Intel i7 3770k @ 3,5GHz

8GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Normal HDD, no SDD

I really can't play like this because the stuttering kills me (literally!). I can't aim at all! I've also checked the temperatures and the CPU is at 45 degrees celsius at high load and the GPU is at around 50, so they are not overheating. I've also tried Six Launcher (which is... really strange ang buggy), DayZ commander, making an .bat file and running with the normal .exe.

Anyone has some suggestions?

EDIT: Forgot to say that I've disabled hyperthreading, turbo boost and some other things they said slowed down the game.

Edited by Eddie Shoe

I hate to suggest this... but I don't suppose going into 3rd person fixes this? If it does you just need painkillers.

If thats not the issue, try a new server, I get low FPS on some servers. If not, sorry! Dunno what else.

You don't need to set the world, nor winxp, threads are a tad high... have you tried running the game without -cpuCount/exThreads? You can remove the -noPause too unless you have a reason. I have no problems with multitasking, if you want to AltTab press 'P' then Alt Tab/Alt Enter.

With a System like yours I don't think you'll have problems alt'ing out.

Edit - I don't bother with the whole cpu/threads thing and I have 6 cores and 12 threads... game runs fine, I have a friend with the same CPU as you he does not use that either. It sounds really daft but try disabling Physx...

Edited by Inch

It does not, the screen is not shaking like when you need them. I know what you meant and there is no harm in suggesting anything, thanks though. I've also tried changing server several times, and the FPS actually resets sometimes if I disconnect and reconnect, but then it takes around 20 minutes and it goes down again. I'm not sure if it's my PC or the game, or if those parameters would fix it. I'm also running the game at the lowest (!) settings, even shadows disabled.

You don't need to set the world, nor winxp, threads are a tad high... have you tried running the game without -cpuCount/exThreads? You can remove the -noPause too unless you have a reason. I have no problems with multitasking, if you want to AltTab press 'P' then Alt Tab/Alt Enter.

With a System like yours I don't think you'll have problems alt'ing out.

I've tried without them, yes. I forgot to say that I removed -winxp last night, it was from my notepad document and I forgot to remove it there. Sorry! The -noPause improved my alt-tabbing quite a bit, and there's no slowdown at all as far as I can tell but I'll remove it too. I really want to smooth the FPS out : /

Don't add the "-exThreads=7" as it is not worth it, doesn't really help all that much (if at all) and adds a unnecessary overhead.

The problems with FPS is most likely tied to the server, a server that has been running for a while will give worse FPS. Player x Uptime = horrible FPS. Fresh servers with no player = excellent FPS.

Edited by Tweakie

Don't add the "-exThreads=7" as it is not worth it, doesn't really help all that much (if at all) and adds a unnecessary overhead.

The problems with FPS is most likely tied to the server, a server that has been running for a while will give worse FPS. Player x Uptime = horrible FPS. Fresh servers with no player = excellent FPS.

Now when you mention it, our server we play a lot on restarts every night at 12 GMT+2, and it still happens even though we join right after. Could it still be the server? If so then I'll have to live with it...

Now when you mention it, our server we play a lot on restarts every night at 12 GMT+2, and it still happens even though we join right after. Could it still be the server? If so then I'll have to live with it...

My servers all restart at 8 hour intervals. Which is near what DayZTeam recommend.

There's a lot of things I forgot to mention. Some of my friends have a lot worse PCs than I do, but they can still run it at stable frames even in cities, I as an eyewitness can confirm it too. It was around 50 frames, which I am never even near when in a city.