Sign in to follow this  
eggsaladactyl

New Admin needs assistance with player id's

So I've had my server up and running for about 5 days now and have experienced a hacker at least every day, sometimes twice a day. Most of the time they are teleport hackers. Generally I just restart the server and the hacker moves on. I've come across 2 as well that had just massive amounts of health and wouldn't die. The first time, he killed all of my friends and I. The second time we put a clip of bullets in to the hacker from 4 people and even then I had to reload to kill him. He of course had absurd items on him and G36 mags. At the time I didn't know how to ban the guy even though I had his name so today I just learned some commands like #userlist to get players id's on the server currently. That could come in handy in some situations if the person doesn't leave the server quick enough and I caught the name of the person so that I can correlate their name with their player id and ban them.

However, my question lies in how can I check the player id's of past players on the server? Or is there such a thing?

Thanks.

If you use Rcon, you should be able to find the ID's even after they left, they will be in the "log".

But you will need to have Rcon running for the duration of the server uptime.

Atleast in my limited usage of Rcon.

If you use Rcon, you should be able to find the ID's even after they left, they will be in the "log".

Just get the name and do a CTRL+F enter their name and find it, you should be able to find there GUID in the .log as per above.

Edited by Inch

Is Rcon an admin tool? I'm sorry I'm really new and have never been an admin of anything before haha. What does it allow you to do exactly?