Sign in to follow this  
Furry_PawstarZ

Can't hear other players through chat.

Ok so i've been playing DayZ for over a month now and not once have i heard someone on a headset or seen chat in the direct communications side bar. Is this normal as every time i watch a youtube video of DayZ i can hear people talking constantly when in a city. So is there a fix for this or is it just that no one talks anymore??

Ok so i've been playing DayZ for over a month now and not once have i heard someone on a headset or seen chat in the direct communications side bar. Is this normal as every time i watch a youtube video of DayZ i can hear people talking constantly when in a city. So is there a fix for this or is it just that no one talks anymore??

No one talks anymore.

Makes you feel more alone.

you can only hear Direct com for 80 meters, and read it for 40 meters

I am not sure, but i think group chat follow similar rules.

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!! my friend what i did i bought a mic (make sure u can talk through it) then you plug it in and u can hear/see what everyone says in direct chat! and u can type back and they'll hear. My fellow survivors spread this around so now evryone wont get shot in the head for not replying. well have fun :)

Mine's different, but somewhat the same, have a headphones but no mic yet I could not hear my friends when they're like 10 meters away my ping was over 200 most of the time could that have affected it?