fix_

Am I the only on who loves dying?

First I would like to explain the situation:

Noone of my friends are interested in this game and I'm that kind of guy who doesn't trust anyone. So I'm plany Lone Wolf which means such a things as getting car or even huehuehuey are kinda impossible to do. So I'm always just running thru the small villages trying to find a good loot to protect myself, but when I die I'm like: Hell yea, finaly something more to do (means gather items again).

I don't mean that I would literally looking for to be dead running with Leeroy Enfield into the Cherno shooting to air and gladly salute every Zed that would come to say hi I'm really trying my best. But still. I'm not getting mad or sad, it's like new adventure every time. And that's why I love this game so much.

I admire your playstyle mate. When I die, it is usually after a long trip, like when I logged in today and got instantly shot - 10 day character with nothing but high end gear literally - corpse now resting in some player's wet dream.

I take my deaths VERY hard (just ask my mates lol), probably because I strive to get partially worthless gucci gear.

Perhaps I should try your approach :blush:

Im getting to the point where I can get all my basic survival gear on the coast within an hour, so dying is no biggy...the coast is definitely where its if you want to rustle your own, or someone else's jimmies

While I certainly wouldn't say I "love" dying, I don't take it as personally as most. Whether I'm sniped by a bandit, killed by zeds, or worst case knocked off by someone I was trying to be friendly with who turned on me, I don't mind starting over again.

Like you though I play the lone wolf style, avoiding the major cities and scavenging through the northern towns. I suppose if I ever got loaded up on tons of top gear I would have a bit more concern about dying.

I right now have a glock and a m4a1 cco, so I'll probably just trade it with a group mate for a winchester or something, I really like the emotion of getting better gear, and having the best one is not what I really want.

I'm currently at 2500 z kills and have all the accoutrements of someone who spends too much time playing this game (NVGs and co). Play is actually quite stressful. I passed that level of super stress and now kind of live with subconscious paranoia every time I move. Death will be a bit of a release when it comes.

Death will be a bit of a release when it comes.

That's beautiful

I'm currently at 2500 z kills and have all the accoutrements of someone who spends too much time playing this game (NVGs and co). Play is actually quite stressful. I passed that level of super stress and now kind of live with subconscious paranoia every time I move. Death will be a bit of a release when it comes.

Eggzactly why I don't collect high level gear. I have far more fun roaming the wastes with mid-level weaponry and food, so I don't ever stress about death. If I die, I just get another chance to take over an apartment building, ect.

After I realized that I need only 3 hours to gather all the equipment which is needed for my play style - I stopped caring about dying in this game.

And these 3 hours are not a chore - in fact it is very refreshing to play without big guns and loads of ammo, carefully planning every step and trying to out-smart zeds and players.

However, every time I dye I regret a little about zombie kill counter being reset to zero.

It's like other games of this type such as zomboid, dwarf fortress, etc.

The concept is simple, you cannot win, ever and losing is fun.

I spend insane amount of effort ensuring each of my character will leave the longest, total immersion and I would never "suicide" my character, no matter what (unless stuck on a rock or something). I've played for hours with 500ish blood, trying my best to live through, passing out all the frikkin time. I've also lost all my gear multiple times, weapons included, mainly due to bugs, and yet, still pushed through to the bitter end.

But like some here, soon as my character DOES die, for a reason or another, I feel refreshed and then it's starting all over again :)

every time i die i get a nerdgasm!

Cause i dont mind me dying when i got starting stuff.

I mean it feels so good not worrying about anything hahaha

Yeah I am in the same boat as the OP.

While it usually hurts to lose all that good gear and 'progress' in some games, it isn't really an issue in this one.

Considering the last time I died and lost my Kobra, AKM, Coyote pack and all my other goodies and found another AKM within 30 minutes of respawning...

I don't really mind either. I actually find it somewhat satisfying getting into shootouts with the Mak. All the automatic weapons, silencers and ammo in the world does not a lick of good if you can't shoot straight, and the Mak is just as deadly as an M4 if you can get the drop on someone and pop them in the noggin.

I feel you OP, yesturday I died to zombies with an AKM, a G17 with taclight, alice pack, 2 of most of the survival items including map and compass. When I spawned on the shore SW of electro I felt exhilarated, I had a new story to start. My last one was good, full of close calls, some crazy antics, and one attempt to cooperate that ended in me being mobbed by the undead. My new story has already started well. Had to sneak through electro, crazy noobs popping shots left and right, hid myself away inside small buildings and a guard hut. Never heard so many screaming dead heads not coming to see how my duodenum tastes. Heard shots coming my general direction so I crawled under a stone wall then booked it to the nearest forest. Ended up finding some wood and an AKM inside a barn. Who knows where it will go from there? Nothing like dying to make you feel alive.

I don't mind dying. I certainly try to live as long as possible, but I don't take it too seriously when I die.

I'd rather crawl for 20 minutes past some bandit (While trying to get a good shot) than risk dying and starting over. So I hate dying pretty much :P even if I had low gear.

Glad this discussion went on

huehuehuey

What you did there' date=' I see it.

[/quote']

:P

I don't mind dying, I like starting with not a whole lot and scavenging for the tools to survive. I'm not being sarcastic either.

Half and half. I don't mind dying that much now (depending on how, backstabs are a touch annoying/sad), as going into Cherno or one of the big cities to regain most of my gear is reasonably fun and a quick process, as I used to always do so in the countryside which takes a while. I've been slightly looking forward to dying, which sounds bad, and I haven't even got the 'best' gear yet.

Just don't like losing my map/compass/binocs is all, they're so useful! Lol