vintsurf

Suspected hackers on US1114

_id = player spawn spawn

03.08.2012 08:03:24: Flufflez (x.x.x.x) GUID - #140 dummy"]; _dummy = [_this,"players"] execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf";

03.08.2012 08:32:10: Spacehams (x.x.x.x) GUID - #140 dummy"]; _dummy = [_this,"players"] execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf";

_id = player spawn spawn

03.08.2012 06:51:10: Joseph (x.x.x.x) GUID - #140 dummy"]; _dummy = [_this,"players"] execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf";

_id = player spawn spawn

03.08.2012 12:32:45: Ghost (x.x.x.x) GUID - #140 dummy"]; _dummy = [_this,"players"] execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf";

_id = player spawn spawn

02.08.2012 11:58:45: Menthus (x.x.x.x) GUID - #140 dummy"]; _dummy = [_this,"players"] execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf";

_id = player spawn spawn

31.07.2012 08:04:25: Twitch (x.x.x.x) GUID - #140 dummy"]; _dummy = [_this,"players"] execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf";

31.07.2012 09:13:28: Anne Frank (x.x.x.x) GUID - #11 hmove "ainjppnemstpsnonwrfldb_still";

If a Dev acknowledges that these are valid "launching of Arma2" scripts...the bans will be removed. Prove me wrong.

Look at the code bro. Its plain to see that this launches with Arma. Open a hex editor and look at the Arma2OA.exe, its right there. You need to learn a thing or two about this game before you go tossing out bans. Also check your logs, all those people you banned have been playing on your server for at least a week.

do a find in a hex editor for "execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf";"

and consider yourself proven wrong

oh and btw, we are pretty sure the player named "uMad" or something like that was the hacker, I saw him spawn a chopper then crash it seconds later, then spawn another one. Right after he spawned crates and teleported me across the map. Again, check your logs.

Edited by bigeazy

First of all, not every player who logs in has "execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf";" invoked.

I checked the logs, that's where I copied the script info from.

The others that were banned had similar scripts in the logs. If they happened to be all your friends, that is quite the coincidence.

Again, have a Dev acknowledge that these are legit and the bans will be lifted.

Edited by vintsurf

Look at the code bro. Its plain to see that this launches with Arma. Open a hex editor and look at the Arma2OA.exe, its right there. You need to learn a thing or two about this game before you go tossing out bans. Also check your logs, all those people you banned have been playing on your server for at least a week.

do a find in a hex editor for "execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf";"

and consider yourself proven wrong

oh and btw, we are pretty sure the player named "uMad" or something like that was the hacker, I saw him spawn a chopper then crash it seconds later, then spawn another one. Right after he spawned crates and teleported me across the map. Again, check your logs.

No record of a "uMad" on the server since it launched last week.

You know damn well a dev isn't going to come into this thread, there are like 200 of these supposed hacking threads posted every day. If you open up a hex editor like I told you, it pretty obvious that its coded into the exe for Arma2OA. Its seriously not that hard and would prove that I am right. You probably pissed off a lot of people that had camps on your server. Menthus I know is a regular I see frequently and had a pretty old character.

None of the people you listed above are people I play with, that right there is yet another reason. Had you logged into our teamspeak last night like we asked you would know that. Also, did you not kill me at the airfeild while all this was going on? My friend shot you right after you capped me off my ATV trying to recover my body from the teleporter that killed me. Also, what is the probability of like 10 hackers on the server at once? I mean c'mon dude really? The guy "umad" isnt an exact spelling, just look for names that sound like that in the logs and you will find some funky shit I promise you.

So, if what you are saying is true, then all users logging in would have the execVM script invoked. This is not the case.

The logs do not state that you all were running scripts at the same time. The logs instead show that since the launch of the server, you all have been running scripts at different times.

I did shoot you at the airfield.

I can tell you that Joe and Fluff are not hackers. They run in the same group of six i do. I have been on when joe has run from the bottom of he map to NW air just so he can get his items back from us at least four diff times in the last two days. The group/groups camping NW air must only stay there since i have been up there for hours without them even seeing me or knowing im there. Ive been all over the map on that sever and the only thing i have seen wrong is the graphics glitch which me and my whole group have been RE-STARTING arma for just so we can see the bases or even get thru a town. Two days ago a group tried to kill us with a chopper and with two m249 saws it wouldn't drop. they killed joe then. two days ago my group ran up from cherno to NW only to have some pretty bad snipers try to kill us. i havent sniped much in the game since i run all SD Weapons, but i dont think it could be that hard. you guys killed our only sniper at the time and joe logged on and ran from cherno all the way to the barn not only to give me meds but to help get the gear and regroup. my group of three sat in the barn waiting and watching for you guys to come over and tear some shit up but nothing happened. Fluff was in that group. he was in the barn. he was also the one to grab the gear off the body when the three of us sat there in an open field for over 3 min only to have you guys try to "Hone" your skills by letting us run away and you guys try to kill four fully geared guys as we ran. Also your server reset times are posted when you log so its nice to know...but at the the same time when you restart the server multiple times a day before i dont think it is in the other players favor. Just speaking my peace. I dont care for logs and all that shit, you can run scripts up and down the forms all you want but no one is gonna care. Whoever runs the sever and his group only have what they have since they run the sever. i have been on that sever for about four days and i was on for over 12 hours at a shot. loggin only to eat/shit/sleep/take care of kid/trying to fix the graphics glitch. so either way man me and my group are gone. others will come and go but i hope that most will see this post and completely say the fuck out of it. as for the other guys that were banned like Menthus and Annefrank and spacehams and twitch. if you see this send me a message. my group and yours have been going at it for a bit. sorry for any grimy shit we have done to ya.

• Like 1

I too am in the group with Joe, Fluff, and Hortonseuss, they are for sure not hackers, like Horton was saying the only time people log out is when we get graphical glitches (mainly in Balota / NW Airfield, sometimes in Cherno). Also like Horton was saying, Joe spends half of each night running because he has the worst luck, he usually runs from the coast up to the airfield to grab his stuff or someone else's to help them out, only to be shot as soon as he gets near.

He runs so much that he actually stopped playing DayZ and picked up a copy of Marathon Runner 2012, because it has better graphics and he doesn't get shot as much, but still keeps the running element to the game.

On a serious note though, we have had some pretty weird encounters with another group on the server though, where they were shooting us from a chopper while we were in Cherno, we all got shot through walls in the apartment buildings.... But like Horton was saying, Joe and Fluff are for sure not hackers.

• Like 1

I can tell you that Joe and Fluff are not hackers. They run in the same group of six i do. I have been on when joe has run from the bottom of he map to NW air just so he can get his items back from us at least four diff times in the last two days. The group/groups camping NW air must only stay there since i have been up there for hours without them even seeing me or knowing im there. Ive been all over the map on that sever and the only thing i have seen wrong is the graphics glitch which me and my whole group have been RE-STARTING arma for just so we can see the bases or even get thru a town. Two days ago a group tried to kill us with a chopper and with two m249 saws it wouldn't drop. they killed joe then. two days ago my group ran up from cherno to NW only to have some pretty bad snipers try to kill us. i havent sniped much in the game since i run all SD Weapons, but i dont think it could be that hard. you guys killed our only sniper at the time and joe logged on and ran from cherno all the way to the barn not only to give me meds but to help get the gear and regroup. my group of three sat in the barn waiting and watching for you guys to come over and tear some shit up but nothing happened. Fluff was in that group. he was in the barn. he was also the one to grab the gear off the body when the three of us sat there in an open field for over 3 min only to have you guys try to "Hone" your skills by letting us run away and you guys try to kill four fully geared guys as we ran. Also your server reset times are posted when you log so its nice to know...but at the the same time when you restart the server multiple times a day before i dont think it is in the other players favor. Just speaking my peace. I dont care for logs and all that shit, you can run scripts up and down the forms all you want but no one is gonna care. Whoever runs the sever and his group only have what they have since they run the sever. i have been on that sever for about four days and i was on for over 12 hours at a shot. loggin only to eat/shit/sleep/take care of kid/trying to fix the graphics glitch. so either way man me and my group are gone. others will come and go but i hope that most will see this post and completely say the fuck out of it. as for the other guys that were banned like Menthus and Annefrank and spacehams and twitch. if you see this send me a message. my group and yours have been going at it for a bit. sorry for any grimy shit we have done to ya.

I'll take this into consideration. I'm taking another look at the logs and maybe it's a false positive. I'll try to verify that...

Edited by vintsurf

learn2readscript kiddy before trying to harm innocent players who have done nothing wrong but play the game in an acceptable fashion.

Edited by jem73

learn2readscript kiddy before trying to harm innocent players who have done nothing wrong but play the game in an acceptable fashion.

Harm?

It would be helpful if people gave reasons why those lines in the logs are valid...

Edited by vintsurf

Well I have been re-banned for some reason. again. just minding my business at the airfeild. This is getting pretty ridiculous. I like this server because we have had some epic battles... most notably Heli vs. UAZ. and Devil's Castle vs. Heli. But seriously, I shouldn't have to explain myself and/or the game to an admin who doesn't understand what he is looking for in the logs. Whatever, I'm over it... I'll just take my peeps elsewhere if I stay banned.

oh and Horton, that was me and my group that had the heli shooting at you :-) Those m249 did mess it up a little bit, we had to land and fix a main rotor but we keep repair parts on it. Sadly, its been crashed by one of our less competent pilots. So happy hunting for it when its back. Assuming I am unbanned. Good times.

okay thanks for understanding i know its frustrating with all the hackers running around. some friends are still banned though, such as jurgs.

i hope you find that our group is respectable and rule abiding, we really enjoy the server and the competition that is around.

I'm banned too now - I thought you said you lifted the bans and I wasn't even originally banned? But like everyone is saying ... you're about to lose two of your biggest groups on the server.

And BigEazy - You haven't been giving us an easy time, were you also the chopper that drilled us at the apartment complex / hospitals in Cherno? We had an m249, M4 holo/m203, an m107, etc. You guys flew over, there were about 6 of us and we all ended up going down. If so, I actually hit your chopper with an M203 from an apartment window but it was too close to go off haha.

oh and Horton, that was me and my group that had the heli shooting at you :-) Those m249 did mess it up a little bit, we had to land and fix a main rotor but we keep repair parts on it. Sadly, its been crashed by one of our less competent pilots. So happy hunting for it when its back. Assuming I am unbanned. Good times.

wewt, i knew i did some damage to that thing! Buuuuut yeah, i can tell you for sure me or anybody else on the server that im involved with is hacking,

if there's any suspicious stuff goin on its usually just us logging in and out trying to fix graphical bugs, or jem getting stupid glitches that kill him

Spawning items/cars or anything with Cheat Engine requires the ____________________ execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf"; to be searched.

Don't lift the ban. Seriously.

Edited by kitta

Spawning items/cars or anything with Cheat Engine requires the ____________________ execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf"; to be searched.

Don't lift the ban. Seriously.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? All players that access the dedicated server interface (Shift + P, or open map and go to server interface) execute that script every time. That is EXACTLY what it should look like. One of the older techniques used to inject scripts on servers involved CHANGING the line that is sent to server, so instead of "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf"; it would be something like "\leethax\maketank.sqf", which will show up in script logs. There is NO WAY to detect the newer hacks right now, the only things admins can use are hunches, and even then it is not justifyable to ban by just that. What this admin did is ban first and ask questions later, probably because someone put a bullet in his ass and it still hurts 3 days later.

Please stop shitting up this forum's ability to identify hackers with your sheer ignorance. I will continue bumping this until it is seen through by the admin himself (By giving some evidence that the entire regular playerbase of his server is hacking.), or by a dev.