SpeedyBanana

What a h**king joke...

YOU SPENT $30 ON ARMA ii NOT DAYZ,IF YOU CHOSE TO BUY THOSE GAMES JUST FOR DAYZ THAT IS YOUR ISSUE, THEN YOU COME HERE COMPLAINING OF A MOD THATS IN ALPHA, DAYZ IS A FREE MOD, THERE ARE BUGS AND YES PEOPLE WILL ABUSE THE INSTABILITY'S ITS ALL PART OF GETTING THE GAME TECHNICALLY SOUND, SO CHILL YOUR BEANS DUDE.

He is well within his right to complain about hackers. It's not part of the mod so don't bring that argument up. He's over reacting but it's a legitimate thing to be mad about.

i bought arma II combined ops just for dayz initially and glad i did i also got to play some arma and tbh its pretty good, a decent game on a decent engine.

He is well within his right to complain about hackers. It's not part of the mod so don't bring that argument up. He's over reacting but it's a legitimate thing to be mad about.

i agree, hackers and exploits should be reported but he did more than just complain about hackers, he basically said "this is a shit game i can believe i paid for it" when its not a game its a mod in alpha stages.

i didnt say hacking was part of the game what i said was "ITS ALL PART OF GETTING THE GAME TECHNICALLY SOUND" meaning people report bugs glitches hackers abusing things then they get fixed if they are not known about how will they be fixed its the community helping it along

So I left the game running for about 2 hours last night... contrary to what some dude on this post said about it taking 20 minutes to die in the water at night... I had suffered NO damage what so ever and the hunger barely went down. So I left the game running last night before going to bed. This morning I wake up, check the game, apparently I was disconnected from the server from being inactive. I connect to a diff server and I'm still at the full12,000 blood, with only slight discoloration with food still at green and the water icon at slightly green/brown.

Why the fuck has there not been an emergency patch to re-enable the respawn feature? If there was a problem with people abusing respawn before why not just put a timer on it or something but at least have an option to kill yourself. At this point I'm tempted to find hacks myself just for the purpose of teleporting myself back to main land or to kill myself cause this mod doesn't seem to have any fucking reasonable solution what so ever to this problem. Everytime some script tard decides to do this I need to keep the game running for hours to kill myself... wtf seriously.

How's that swimming simulator working out for you? I'm sorry this happened to you. I, just like yourself, bought this game for DayZ - not the Arma milsim. For it to be in this state, and for people to defend it because "it is in Alpha" is frustrating. You should have *at least* the option to kill yourself/respawn, in order to attempt to play DayZ, and get something for your money. Shitty situation, and no one should defend a product (Mod or not) in this way which is basically useless in your current situation.

Edited by Flawed

I just spend $30 to play this game after hearing all the praises about it, and within 5 minutes this is what happens... wtf seriously?

I'm going to send a message to steam and see if I can get a refund, this is a fucking disaster. What's the point of playing this game? The same hacker can just server hop and use his stupid hack again and again and again... and every time I have to wait in the water for at least 30 min or more to die? This is a fucking joke

Good luck with that, not only did steam just change their ToS and refund policy which you HAVE to accept if you want to use steam, you also DID NOT buy DayZ. DayZ is a MOD for FREE. You bought Arma2. You can't get a refund.

• Like 1

welcome to DayZ!

I understand your frustration. Most people are numb to the hacking and such now that they just troll posts like these.

Play on my server. Hackers are dealt with fast. I can't guarantee your safety but I can assure you that we try.

Edited by Lith

How's that swimming simulator working out for you? I'm sorry this happened to you. I, just like yourself, bought this game for DayZ - not the Arma milsim. For it to be in this state, and for people to defend it because "it is in Alpha" is frustrating. You should have *at least* the option to kill yourself/respawn, in order to attempt to play DayZ, and get something for your money. Shitty situation, and no one should defend a product (Mod or not) in this way which is basically useless in your current situation.

Dayz is not a product that he has purchased so he has no rights to get a refund even if he could he bought arma II and got it then he chose to download a free mod that runs on arma II's engine that happens to be buggy you cant slate a game because the a mod that runs on it is buggy, given the fact of how popular its become people like this complain because they fail to understand this dayz is free if he wants value for his money he can go play arma II untill dayz is less buggy since thats he has paid for.

Dayz is not a product that he has purchased so he has no rights to get a refund even if he could he bought arma II and got it then he chose to download a free mod that runs on arma II's engine that happens to be buggy you cant slate a game because the a mod that runs on it is buggy, given the fact of how popular its become people like this complain because they fail to understand this dayz is free if he wants value for his money he can go play arma II untill dayz is less buggy since thats he has paid for.

I understand that DayZ is not a product. However, he paid money for Arma 2 to play DayZ. He should at least have the option to play it, but he can't since he is unable to respawn. Most of us here have no interest in Arma II

After spending the entire day and most of my bandwidth downloading 17 GB of Arma 2 off of Steam... I install this mod, all excited to play.

5 minutes in... seriously... 5 minnutes of playing this game... me and everyone on a 50 man server get teleported to the ocean by a hacker.

I tried joining other servers... no use... I'm still in the ocean. I can't kill myself... I can't swim back cause land doesn't seem to get any closer.

wtf...??

HAHAHAHAHA. you have to wait till you get sick and die? o my god thats just stupid.
  • Like 1

You spent money on a game just for one of the free mods made by someone in the community? idiot

hello blah blah blah same situation, has anyone made the swim?

I'm 2.5 hours and I've finally got an infection!!!

On a side note.

You can't really claim that the creators of arma should have no interest in the support for this mod as it turned it from a mediocre game into a huge success far after its release date; they should have an invested interest to provide support for the people who just got the game for dayz now as these people are a the majority.

more players = more corrupt players = game losing hype = more effort to stop them otherwise they stop selling their mediocre game that everyone is buying for a good one.

saying alpha is no excuse for lack of a hotfix, from my understanding, for over a week.

Edited by XAvier1987
  • Like 1

Oh look, a little nazi moderator. Getting off on bossing people around, eh? Well F U C K YOU.

Let's see how many noughty boy points I get for this one. Maybe even all three? Oh dear.

Moderator Notice: User was suspended for this post.

Naughty*

#ownedbymoderator

This happens daily. I just died myself by a hacker. Basically The DayZ Community is becoming a joke. 14-16 Y.o kids paying for hacks with their mommy's money. Same thing happened to the CoD community. Little kids started playing because all the older kids were and then all the older kids said f this and started playing other shit because CoD got swamped by prepubescent boys. Honestly I wouldn't get too much into this game just yet if this kind of stuff pisses you off because it will happen to you weekly, or even be affected by some sort of hack daily. I'd wait till the hives become more private and well protected. I'd say around october it should be safer. I just stopped playing today because there are so many hackers now its no longer fun. We should form the GAUP (Gamers Against Underage Purchase) too stop these little ones from flooding our communities O.o or at least make the parents feel stupid for buying their little kids M rated games.

Hey..Hey

Cry more.:)

You spent money on a game just for one of the free mods made by someone in the community? idiot

it was made by one of the devs i did the same and it was well worth it :) but found out arma II is pretty sweet aswell so happy dayz

it was made by one of the devs i did the same and it was well worth it :) but found out arma II is pretty sweet aswell so happy dayz

if youve seen some of my previous posts youll probly see me bitching like a whiner about stuff, but recently i just thought f**k it this game is great nonetheless, i havent been hacked yet, the only thing if had happen abuse wise is someone alt f4 on me while i was shooting him, its the harsh nature of this mod thats making people rage about it and throw the blame any where they can (yes i know theres hackers and it shouldnt be tolerated) now imma just play and enjoy it

Trust me it was a very bad luck. A hack like that is not very common. The good moments make the game worth it. What they mean by "your kind" is a whiner. You may just be angry, but you seem to be quite the baby right now. Dont worry about it, ts a one time thing. Just make a new profile in the game if you dont want to wait 20 minutes.

I understand that DayZ is not a product. However, he paid money for Arma 2 to play DayZ. He should at least have the option to play it, but he can't since he is unable to respawn. Most of us here have no interest in Arma II

the argument of money doesnt stand up since the mod is free and not what you paid for as for complaining about dayz "its in alpha" yes i know its an excuse but a damn good one, when its been worked on and fixed it will be alot better obviously, im sorry for the inconvenience of being teleported to the sea, you were really unlucky and got trolled by a hacker, but you cant blame the mod as a whole or the fact that you paid for arma II to play it and got hacked lots of people play every day enjoy it and this doesnt happen to them and they enjoy the mod because its great but you have to deal with exploits atmo because its in alpha report it yes but no need to over the top rage cause it will solve nothing.

Trust me it was a very bad luck. A hack like that is not very common. The good moments make the game worth it. What they mean by "your kind" is a whiner. You may just be angry, but you seem to be quite the baby right now. Dont worry about it, ts a one time thing. Just make a new profile in the game if you dont want to wait 20 minutes.

yes make a new profile, instant new character!, no waiting in the sea to starve to death easy peasy, go to cherno or electro and loot, but stay away from me, i shoot any thing moving or armed.

I just spend $30 to play this game after hearing all the praises about it, and within 5 minutes this is what happens... wtf seriously?

I'm going to send a message to steam and see if I can get a refund, this is a fucking disaster. What's the point of playing this game? The same hacker can just server hop and use his stupid hack again and again and again... and every time I have to wait in the water for at least 30 min or more to die? This is a fucking joke

You where unlucky

I have been playing for over a month and I have yet to die from hacking.

Welcome to the world of online gaming which has always had scum cheaters.

Don't let the fuckers get you down THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT.

Give dayz a chance it can be great fun

I understand your frustration. Most people are numb to the hacking and such now that they just troll posts like these.

Play on my server. Hackers are dealt with fast. I can't guarantee your safety but I can assure you that we try.

I am numb to hacking and I troll post? LOL, please. Play on your server? The one you said was being over taken by hackers and you stated.... well here:

Anyone else's servers getting raped with hackers almost 24/7 now? Almost unbearable to play on my own server. I'm probably going to lock and go private or take it down altogether. I refuse to accept being hack killed over and over on my OWN server
Sounds safe to me, I'll add it to my favorites. Just because you can't pick up on my condescending tone to the OP don't call me a troll. So sick of overused and misused internet cliche lingo.

And OP, for every person that says its just a case of "bad luck" there will be 5 people saying that is a day in DayZ, its up to you to decide which is valid. Hacking is an issue, has been for sometime, and will continue to be.

Basically my experience...

DayZ is an interesting game if you get over the hackers, constant broken servers and unfixed glitches.

The best way to avoid hackers is to play on a near empty server, the best way to play this game unfortunately is on a near full server... so either play the game and be a bit lonely or play the game and get teleported around.

What's the server?

so basically every time some fucking goof kid with a hack decides to come in on a server and teleport people to the ocean... I have to leave my game on for half an hour until my character dies so I can start back up again...

How often does this shit happen? I don't see the point of this mod if this shit is going to happen again and again.

Is there a server I can play on that's more secure or something?

i am sorry u r butthurt