LtHyperion

Pretty New to the Game, some questions

Hi, the game is awesome but some questions came up.

Sometimes I see sreenshots from other players who have arrows with some range at it at the edge of the screen. How do you create this?

My buddies and I just went on a server and had a compas + map, when you watched on the map we saw our own location as a blue point and a little arrow to indicate the direction where we were looking. Also other players in a radius of about 50m were displayed on the map. Why was that?

So we found some backpacks and just stumbled upon the problem how the heck you could take a backpack without loosing all the items in your current backpack? Did we just do something wrong, is there a trick or something?

If you look at the ingame map you see lines creating squares, at the edge of the map there are numbers... how long is the actual length of one of those squares? I think there are smaller and larger squares depending on the zoom.

We expierenced some graphic bugs, I read online that you had to edit in your playerprofil the "scenecomplexity=" value to 100000. Worked for this bug but on other locations other bugs went up. I read that this is created by the patch 1.7.2.4. Some recommend patching back to 1.7.2.3. , would you recommend this? Is there an actual fix to this?

Thanks,

greetings

Edited by LtHyperion

to set arrows go to map by pushing m... then SHIFT + LMB on the location

Hi, the game is awesome but some questions came up.

Sometimes I see sreenshots from other players who have arrows with some range at it at the edge of the screen. How do you create this?

Open map, shift+click on a point. Two concentric circles appear indicating a waypoint that you can drag around to different points on the map, and this waypoint can show up on your screen with an arrow and distance. I recommend using actual land navigation if you can help using this. It quickly becomes a crutch.

My buddies and I just went on a server and had a compas + map, when you watched on the map we saw our own location as a blue point and a little arrow to indicate the direction where we were looking. Also other players in a radius of about 50m were displayed on the map. Why was that?

Some servers use different settings. This won't happen on veteran or hardcore servers.

So we found some backpacks and just stumbled upon the problem how the heck you could take a backpack without loosing all the items in your current backpack? Did we just do something wrong, is there a trick or something?

There is a sort of trick to it. The most reliable method is this: drop your backpack, take new backpack, open old backpack from the ground, open new backpack and move items into it.

If you look at the ingame map you see lines creating squares, at the edge of the map there are numbers... how long is the actual length of one of those squares? I think there are smaller and larger squares depending on the zoom.

This one I don't know. I'd guess around 100m when fully zoomed. I'd have to do some prospecting with the waypoint tool to get a better indication.

Cheers.

Your servant,

Weld

Ahhh, but taking the new backpack is also a bit of a trick. When your cursor changes to the rifle indicating you are looking at something you can pick up, instead of pressing G click your middle mouse button (mousewheel) and the lightly scroll your mousewheel. This should bring up a menu on the left of your screen that will allow you to pick up the new backpack. Took me about ten minutes to figure that out...

to set arrows go to map by pushing m... then SHIFT + LMB on the location

Thanks!

Edited by LtHyperion
  • Like 1