katt

US 366 Chicago, banned during gunfight.

So I just got banned during taking shoots from some guy. (I was about to die, 6000 blood and passed out)

Reason was "Banned (vehicle spawning script)"

So, admins of us 366 chicago, what's up?

I've been playing on the server for a while with friends, and you ban me without any kind of proof.

My ingame name was Mr.White.

Stop abuse please..

We've been dealing with a group of hackers in that area for the last few days. We've banned 3 so far. Two for vehicle spawning (one was even invisible and offered to spawn a dirt bike for the admin) and one for invulnerability. They were using a set of tents with hacked items, surrounded by vehicles as their base. While we were watching that area we saw you ride a bicycle directly to those tents, kill someone, move to another location and take fire. We thought it was a little fishy when you headed straight for the tents so we looked up your past few moments in our logs.

Our server logs show you joining the server, moving a few meters, and a bicycle spawning directly on top of you. You also came in with a hacked weapon - a PDW sd.

Edited by mahatmajonny
  • Like 2

We've been dealing with a group of hackers in that area for the last few days. We've banned 3 so far. Two for vehicle spawning (one was even invisible and offered to spawn a dirt bike for the admin) and one for invulnerability. They were using a set of tents with hacked items, surrounded by vehicles as their base. While we were watching that area we saw you ride a bicycle directly to those tents, kill someone, move to another location and take fire. We thought it was a little fishy when you headed straight for the tents so we looked up your past few moments in our logs.

Our server logs show you joining the server, moving a few meters, and a bicycle spawning directly on top of you. You also came in with a hacked weapon - a PDW sd.

Join a server with a an obviously hacked weapo.....

ANNNND YOUR BANNED!

• Like 1

Post the log file?

Here's a list of gear that Mr. White was carying.

[["ItemEtool","NVGoggles","UZI_SD_EP1","ItemRadio","Binocular_Vector","ItemGPS","ItemKnife","ItemHatchet","ItemToolbox","ItemWatch","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemMatchbox","BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS"],[["ItemPainkiller",2],"ItemMorphine","HandGrenade_West",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",18],"ItemWaterbottle","ItemMorphine",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",24],"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","ItemWaterbottle","ItemBandage","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","ItemBandage","ItemBandage"]]:["DZ_Backpack_EP1",[["NVGoggles","Binocular_Vector","ItemGPS","M107_DZ"],[1,1,1,1]],[["ItemWaterbottle","FoodSteakCooked","ItemPainkiller","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","10Rnd_127x99_m107","ItemSodaPepsi"],[1,1,1,3,4,1]]]:[]:false:false:0:0:14:0:["BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS","amovpknlmrunsraswrfldf",41]:0:0::0:" / 22772218"

Timeftl,

I am the one who was shooting at you on the US 366 server.

You had just killed another guy I was with as he was approaching a helicopter crash site north of the NW airfield. After you killed him, I waited (about 20 minutes) in the hopes that you would show yourself closer to the helicopter.

You did. I knew you were there because the zombies around the helicopter instantly spawned. I zoomed in to where I thought you would be with my DMR scope, saw you in you ghillie suit with your binoculars out. I shot you twice, you were bleeding. Then you ran to my right (your left) and seemingly disconnected. I know you disconnected because 1) you disappeared from the screen, and 2) all the zombies you had caused to spawn at the crash site instantly de-spawned (which happens when the people that spawned them disconnect). It was at this point that our admins compiled the list of evidence against you (including the evidence already stated by Mahatmajonny) and decided to ban you.

I waited, thinking you or a friend would try to spawn back in at some point because you left your bicycle. I wasn't wrong. About 15 minutes later another player in a ghillie suit (who we now believe to be your friend "Day of Doom") spawned in at exactly the same place you logged out. I know this because I watched him pop onto my screen, and I watched all the zombies around the helicopter re-spawn as he did so.

I proceeded to shoot him three times (I am a crappy shot.....). He began bleeding, ran away, laid down, and immediately disconnected to avoid death.

I think I can speak for all the admins on US 366 when I say we are not assholes. We are simply trying to protect the players who call our server home from the rampant hacking and cheating that is overtaking DayZ. Having said that, it's definitely possible we made a mistake. We are only human and we are more than willing to reinstate you if you can prove you weren't hacking.

So...uh...banning for having a hacked item or hacking isn't allowed. Submit the info to the DayZ devs and let them handle it or wait for Battleye to do the banning automatically. Quit breaking the rules. OP...quit being an asshat hacker and get a life.

Although it is possible that he simply picked up the hacked weapon on another server. It happens and is not a bannable offense. Probably more prudent to prove that he spawned a bike.

Edited by Vertisce

Yes, I was carrying a PDW Silenced, since I killed a guy who had it, I also had a radio on me.

Both items from a guy I killed on a diffrent server. Since last I checked your not getting banned for using hacked items.

And for your infomation, that base you were at was our base, me and some other friends since last 2 days ago.

I was at the helicopter crash, I had a gps and know the cords for my OWN base.

I saw you at the tractor, I said in Teamspeak to my friends since they were comming to the base.

"Oh are you already here?" and they said "No, that's noone of us". So I just tryed to get some distance between us and pulled out my AS50 and dropped you after some shoots.

And the bicycle, we found it at Podeda dam. Same with the Yellow old hatchback.

You can ask my friends, who are not banned.

Im the only one who is banned from my squad.

I don't know who those hackers is, I havn't had any contact with them ingame or anywhere else.

And yes, you freaked me out since I was really close to you when my friends said noone of them was at the base.

Ok. time is part of the survivor clan NWO [ www.nwogaming.com ] and as part of nwo hacking and exploiting are not aloud. and i do play with time and we have not hacked nor did we exploit anything. we have been on your server for quite some time now and haven't ran into any problems until now. besides the random hacker joining and ruining game play for everyone. other then that its been fine and we have enjoyed our stay. in which i would like you to un ban time please. if you would like to speak to me about this further i would appreciate it if you would join our teamspeak and talk about it.

• Like 1

Hey, this is Daysofdoom first of all you are not allowed to ban for the reasons you said you banned him. Please refer to this thread http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1251-want-to-host-a-dayz-server-read-in-here/ most important part "Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc." The devs will allow you to ban hackers if you have proof i.e. logs and video of the event. Having a hacked weapon is not a bannable offence because you can't prove that he spawned it only that he had it and as timeftl said he killed some one with it. combat logging is not bannable Offence btw. Banning for those reasons as Vertisce pointed out can get your server black listed, I would recommend that you reverse the ban ASAP. I am a part time server admin on a different server and we are really careful to make sure that we have 100% solid proof before we can ban a hacker.

Join a server with a an obviously hacked weapo.....

ANNNND YOUR BANNED!

Not a bannable offence.... learn the rules before you reply to a thread that does not involve you.

• Like 1

I think I can speak for all the admins on US 366 when I say we are not assholes. We are simply trying to protect the players who call our server home from the rampant hacking and cheating that is overtaking DayZ. Having said that, it's definitely possible we made a mistake. We are only human and we are more than willing to reinstate you if you can prove you weren't hacking.

He doesn't have to prove he was not hacking you have to prove he was.... You know the whole innocent before proven guilty,

I just noticed that you have banned me too for dc during combat and ghosting. I am now going to report your server for admin abuse because I admitted I d/c'ed during combat but I did not ghost and not bannable offences.

• Like 1

So, now admins won't even answer?

You made a bad misstake, your server is reported. Hope you get blacklisted since you can't control your powers.

• Like 1

Please understand that the admins are busy with their own jobs and lives and can't hang out here 24/7. They are reviewing the logs and deciding whether or not to un-ban. Also realize that there have been several cases of hackers blatantly having shenanigans around your camp area, so the recent entries involving you in the log files look extremely suspicious. If they decide that they don't have enough evidence to ban, you will be un-banned so please be patient. Threatening to have our server blacklisted and complaining here won't expedite the process.

• Like 1

Timeftl,

I am the one who was shooting at you on the US 366 server.

You had just killed another guy I was with as he was approaching a helicopter crash site north of the NW airfield. After you killed him, I waited (about 20 minutes) in the hopes that you would show yourself closer to the helicopter.

You did. I knew you were there because the zombies around the helicopter instantly spawned. I zoomed in to where I thought you would be with my DMR scope, saw you in you ghillie suit with your binoculars out. I shot you twice, you were bleeding. Then you ran to my right (your left) and seemingly disconnected. I know you disconnected because 1) you disappeared from the screen, and 2) all the zombies you had caused to spawn at the crash site instantly de-spawned (which happens when the people that spawned them disconnect). It was at this point that our admins compiled the list of evidence against you (including the evidence already stated by Mahatmajonny) and decided to ban you.

I waited, thinking you or a friend would try to spawn back in at some point because you left your bicycle. I wasn't wrong. About 15 minutes later another player in a ghillie suit (who we now believe to be your friend "Day of Doom") spawned in at exactly the same place you logged out. I know this because I watched him pop onto my screen, and I watched all the zombies around the helicopter re-spawn as he did so.

I proceeded to shoot him three times (I am a crappy shot.....). He began bleeding, ran away, laid down, and immediately disconnected to avoid death.

I just saw this post.

I didn't disconnect. I looked at you with my rangefinders, only to pass out from the ONE shoot you droped me with. I had around 6.5k blood when I first passed out. I was on the ground, right where you shoot me for 10 seconds maybe before I was kicked and banned. Survived on another server with 4k blood, so that kick and ban probaly saved me life.

My internet played a prank with me and made me lagg in Teamspeak when I tryed to tell my friends close to me what happend. I fixed it in 2 mins max and told them what happend. Daysofdoom DID not ghost, OR leave the server at all from when I got shoot and when you started to shoot at him.

15 min, no, more like 5 min.

Anyways, blaming that the area was full with hackers isn't a valid reason if you lack proof.

Banning me for spawning vehicles without looking at the logs? I mean, come on.

Stop abuse, stop be happy on the ban button.

Collect evidence BEFORE you ban.

Daysofdoom DID not ghost, OR leave the server at all from when I got shoot and when you started to shoot at him.

Lol?

I admitted I d/c'ed during combat but I did not ghost and not bannable offences.

I know this is not my business, Did you seriously just... say he didn't not log off in combat?

This just proves to the community that you are lying.

Also Rocket did say logging off in combat is an exploit and considered cheating there for a bannable offense.

Again, if you really want to play on that server again I recommend filing a ticket if you are proven innocent you will be unbanned, if not your ban stays and also most likely globally banned for spawning in vehicles.

Edited by Tfortacos

I swear people are dumb as a box of rocks these days... so out of all things you can spawn as a "hacker" why would he spawn a peddle bike? makes no sense and another thing. i was there when he picked up the pdw sd. i was the one who killed the dude with it. time just looted. also i was at that fire fight and i bet you they did not see me because i'm still aloud int he server and i know what went down.so before saying anything Mr.taco know what your talking about.

Some admins seem to not realise that unless you have 100% proof you shouldn't issue a ban.

Yes hackers are destroying the game, I myself have had a rant about these on the forums.

But with the recent hacks allowing script kiddies to spoof IP's and GUID'S of other players, you could be banning innocent players.

Also Rocket did say logging off in combat is an exploit and considered cheating there for a bannable offense.

Again, if you really want to play on that server again I recommend filing a ticket if you are proven innocent you will be unbanned, if not your ban stays and also most likely globally banned for spawning in vehicles.

This is interesting because in the server host rules it does not say you can't ban for d/cing during combat, can you please show me where rocket has said this sorry if I don't believe you. Oh, and how does this ban appeal apply to you? Are you an admin on 366? I know your not one of the people involved from my squad. So how does this concern you and if it doesn't why are you posting in a thread about a ban appeal that does not concern you in the slightest?

Ok, everyone's going crazy here.

There's no point in arguing about what did or did not happen. Most of you weren't there and the admins are the only ones not going off of memory because we have access to the logs.

The fact is that Days of Doom did d/c during combat. We also have evidence that he ghosted onto Mr. White's body when he spawned in. Mr. White may not have spawned in that bike like we thought. It also looks like he didn't disconnect after taking fire like some other players reported. There's a gap in our logs because there was a server restart minutes before the incident occurred, so we can't fully track the history of the bike.

Circumstantially, we ran into two hackers at your tents. One of them flew a chopper directly there, crashed ontop of them and respawned on the spot. The other was invisible and spawning vehicles at your tents. The first day we found your tents you guys had an ATV, a bicycle, and a white hatch. The second day you had a tractor, white pickup truck, and yellow hatch. You're telling me in less than 24 hours you replaced all the vehicles at your tents with different ones? Also worth noting, the gear in those vehicles matched your exact load out. On top of that, you both were carrying the pdw sd which is not in the game AND you had an extra pdw sd in your tents and several of the vehicles. You found what, 6 of them all from the same guy? Same thing goes for the plethora of ultra rare weapons and gear both of you had in your inventory and tents.

You also should realize that picking up any items from hackers is almost as bad as spawning in the items yourself. It's breaking gameplay balance, and in many ways you're helping the hackers troll. In real life it's against the law to be in possession of stolen property. The analogy is particularly apt in this situation.

Anyway. Our initial ban on Mr. White was potentially applied for the wrong reason, so we will remove it. Days of Doom already reported us to the dev team so we'll wait and see if we get a response from them before we do anything.

Edited by mahatmajonny
  • Like 1

mahatmajonny, what makes you think we didn't have some of the vehicles before day two?

Also if I find something that I don't want, I leave it and write down the cords.

in this case, the tractor and the yellow hatchback. Our plan was to move the base since you found it and I killed you.

Also, this base was just a temponary base I did myself to get some items moved since our camp before got exposed as well.

The white offroad had been ours for some days and was hidden on a diffrent location.

Maybe you tought I spawned the bicycle cuz of the server restart. Since I was at the base when the restart went in and when the server came up I jumped on the bicycle we had at base.

You would probaly say that I spawned the tractor if I used that instead directly after the restart..?

For the future, please get real proof before you ban.

Also, using hacked items is kinda lame yes.

But the PDW SD isnt that diffrent from the M9. Also I looked at the dayz wiki and the pic of the PDW had a silencer on it.

But still, you can't ban anyone using it.

Edited by Timeftl

You need to chill out. We all pitched in to rent this server as a service to the community. Don't get upset when an admin exercises his power in an attempt to protect the community from cheaters. Just try to be patient and understanding when you appeal the ban. Being threatening, standoffish, and antagonistic doesn't inspire anyone to sympathize with you.

• Like 2

I just noticed that you have banned me too for dc during combat and ghosting. I am now going to report your server for admin abuse because I admitted I d/c'ed during combat but I did not ghost and not bannable offences.

The problem is, the current rule set favors people like you. People like you = cheaters/hackers/scripters/exploiters, people who ruin the fun of the game by, in your case combat logging. Temp ban is warranted.

• Like 2

lol i cant even believe that dude admitted to combat logging ,honestly in my mind is really grimey shit. they way i see it is the person who pays for the server shouldnt even have to rifle through shit like this it should end with one "coincidental" dc. but for all i know that same dude would prolyl log the fuck out if he got into some thick battle also.my faith in honor is gone.

• Like 2