Sign in to follow this  
Jamrock990

Backpacks cannot be picked up?

Hi,

I found a building with an ALICE pack and a czech backpack. I could not pick up either. I accidentally dropped my coyote pack and also CANNOT pick that one up now! I am in-game as I write this and am screwed cause I cannot pick up any backpacks!

What the heck? What am i doing wrong?

Did you try emptying a backpack? Before my char current bugged out I actually emptied the czech back and could then proceed to pick it up.

I remember having wondered about this several days ago. I recall reading that you have to empty the backpacks in order to pick them up.

Did you try emptying a backpack? Before my char current bugged out I actually emptied the czech back and could then proceed to pick it up.

I remember having wondered about this several days ago. I recall reading that you have to empty the backpacks in order to pick them up.

Well' date=' as I said i dropped my original coyote backpack too. I exited to lobby and re-joined seeing if that would help. Coyote bag disappeared :(

Emptied my entire inventory, and still could not pick up either backpack! GARHHH! I know its an Alpha but ahhh. So I won't be able to pick up any backpacks anywhere?

Should I re-join server or something? I think I need a backpack :sleepy:

[hr']

When I press enter on the backpack instead of G. It shows at the top ALICE pack 20/20. But no way to loot it?

I press enter on backpack and also G on backpack. I cannot pick it up?

It says 'Open ALICE pack' when I point at it w/ mouse.

Not sure what else I can say to describe situation. I really don't want to leave this building w/ two great backpacks in it. What can I do?

Well I first emptied my current backpack on the floor, then I emptied the czech backpack of any loot (temporary dropped that too the floor, too) and switched backpacks by using the mouse wheel to choose the action.

Two things.

Someone else found the house and did the same thing I did. Dropped their backpack. Couldn't pick up any of the backpacks.

Also after dropping my pistol, the ironsights are broken and the crosshair is a circle.

Its not a bug, you have to use your scroll wheel on your mouse to open the menu and choose TAKE ALICE PACK instead of OPEN ALICE PACK, which is the default option when you hit enter.

EDIT: Also, thats because you have flares or something selected, press F to change between gun/cans/flare.

i find it best to clear the loot around the backpack first. IE if you had an alice pack and tin cans/food. pickup/move that so only the pack is left then it should give you the option to take packpack (scroll wheel). then grab the gear out of your current pack. by the same method.