Sign in to follow this  
Cocoa Pebbles

US 1313

I'm not sure if there were hackers or not, but this is my story.

Me and my friend started a camp in this server.

Bla bla bla

We're at the airfield and my friends saw a ural that was military colored which I don't think spawns in the game.

bla bla bla

I find a camp with a ural(blue one), uaz, and van. Take the uaz and right before I reach my camp the server turns off for a few hours.

I spawned back at their camp(I switched servers) and later my friends went to the camp and told me the uaz was still there.

I'm back at their camp and I see a person. I had an akm. I shot him once, blood came out, shot him again, broke his leg, shot like 10 more bullets and didn't kill him and then he just shoots me and kills me. My friend comes there (he was like 200m away from me when I died. He gets by me and the guy was behind him..

My friend's had a bus at the pobeda dam(the people's camp was like 2km away) when I died and they start going to the camp and don't find anyone. They go back to the bus and it's gone.(they were at the camp for like 30 mins). There was another bus northeast of the dam.(I thought it was a decoy which is how I found the camp) so they took that. I get to our camp and right as they start driving I here a bus engine turn off at our camp. Next thing I know I died. Later when my friends are almost at the camp, they get in a firefight and one dies. The other one kills all 3 of the other guys. My friend who died spawned in kamenka and ran to pustoshka where he died and ran into a van. Takes the van to our camp(west of myshkino) and crashes it. Starts running out and gets shot at(like they knew he was there).

Also, the people who had the camp duped their items because they had 2 as50s, 2 M4A3 CCO SD, and 2 L85A2 AWS in 3 tents(6 of each gun) and more of each gun spread out.

Their camp was at 010(top)-118(left) and their stuff was spread out.

Not sure if they cheated or got lucky.

EDIT: I'm also thinking the camp I found was the clan which the Admin was a part of.

Edited by Cocoa Pebbles

I know of 1 person as the hackers accomplice, and a lead on the hacker. The accomplice's name is Karou, in game. The hacker I believe to be is called Lead Poisoning in game. Karou I definately know is a hacker because he's been in our teamspeak (for a different server) and boasting and finding us via his little hacker buddy. I'm sorry for dragging Karou and his buddy with me and my other friend, there's just not much we can do but ban them. If an admin reads this, ban Karou and Lead Poisoning (who had between 800 and 900 zombie kills last night. Hacker alert much?) Thank you.

P.S. Me and my friend, Jason, are clean. Karou just follows us all over. And considering I am the only Durpee in DayZ, it's pretty easy to find us on any server.

I'm the admin of US 1313, and I will answer all questions in PMs. I will say to my knowledge Karou or whatever his name is has not run any unknown scripts, but this lead poisoning person I do not know much of. I don't think I've seen much of him.. I will look into this for sure.

The camp you found north of the NEAF was indeed my groups, and has since been moved since that raid. No one was hacking, as you saw since your buddy was able to kill all 3 of us. It's called voice communication and having people in the area who were on teamspeak that could login. We're not new to this game. As far as the item duping, there is NO duping going on that's happening intentionally. I will explain for two reasons. One: When you have 10 to 15 players in your squad playing together every day all using one camp. you're going to see a massive return on items. Also, there is no way for us NOT to dupe all the time. If you do not know, there is a massive bug with how the hive is saving things. For example, place a tent, and put your weapon in the tent. Save the tent. Then take your weapon out a couple hours later. At the server restart, you will have that weapon still in your hand, and another one in the tent since it's not saving properly(I hate to tell people how to do this but this is well known now so..) If the server ever goes down, and does not return within 5 minutes, it was NOT a restart as I have never taken this server down intentionally for multiple hours. I reset the server once every 6 to 8 hours for stability purposes. I've also shut down the server during a hacker attack(So we could take care of them, and spare the rest of the people playing from needless deaths due to some no life kids) but it was promptly restored within 5 minutes give or take.

One more thing: The green ural like vehicle, is called a v3s, and it's a legitimate vehicle. Look it up please. As far as I know, that is not our vehicle. And vehicles are not saving properly either. If you take a vehicle, and DO NOT save it, it will be back in it's original saved location, which was our camp, which is why the vehicles always returned there. I'm sure others will relate to this if they see this thread.

Durpee: That amount of zombie kills does nothing to indicate a hacker. I've had characters alive for only 12 hours or so with 500+ zombie kills. If there's no one on the server, and you're bored...you end up shooting plenty of them.

Anything further, please take to PMs with me. I'd be happy to describe and explain that exact situation you're referring to(the firefight at the camp), and I'd even do it on teamspeak with you. Just to further assure you there is no one in my group doing anything illegitimate, and if I find out they are, they will be removed.

Edited by KField86
  • Like 1

EDIT: I'm also thinking the camp I found was the clan which the Admin was a part of.

Just to add to Kevins post, we are a community and we have a Squad in dayz. This is not a clan.

One more thing I'd like to clarify, Karou is not with us and has never been.

I have never seen or thought that Jason, along with Durpee were anything but clean, and you have no worries. I've had to apologize to players for taking the server down during a hacker attack without any notice since it was pretty immediate, and when I apologized to players in global for any possible lost items, Jason was one of the ones who assured me it's was fine and thanked me for a heads up. I've seen you guys playing quite a lot, and my goal and mission is to make this server as stable as possible, and a good home to others. If you guys have camps here, please stay and I'll do whatever i can to keep this server as safe as possible, because I'm absolutely against any sort of hacking as it's pointless and ruins the game for many people, myself included many times. I have not died in a legitimate firefight since this server was started a couple of weeks ago. I hope that says something to you.

As of right now, the server is down because the server/machine itself is not responding. I've been in contact with Vilayer and I'm going to do whatever I can to get this resolved timely as we would like to be playing ourselves. Whether it's some maintenance, or a complete transfer to a different box in a different location, because we have had a few server crashes, and erroneous restarts, and this is the second time our server has been down for multiple hours now. It was originally supposed to be a NYC based server, but as of right now it's based out of Jacksonville FL.

Edited by KField86
  • Like 1

To clarify for my first post, I am not calling Karou a hacker, rather someone who works and plays with the hacker. To top it off, and pardon my French, Karou is just a low-down, piece of shit asswipe. His hacker buddy distributes weapons into your backpack and inventory, teleports you to him and then shoots you. Also, if this is not enough to ban Karou, Karou has also distributed the hacked items via dropping and/or putting them in other's backpacks. Sorry for the language, I hate Karou with a passion because he wont leave me and Jason alone.

To clarify for my first post, I am not calling Karou a hacker, rather someone who works and plays with the hacker. To top it off, and pardon my French, Karou is just a low-down, piece of shit asswipe. His hacker buddy distributes weapons into your backpack and inventory, teleports you to him and then shoots you. Also, if this is not enough to ban Karou, Karou has also distributed the hacked items via dropping and/or putting them in other's backpacks. Sorry for the language, I hate Karou with a passion because he wont leave me and Jason alone.

Going to investigate this 100%. Just understand, unfortunately if I don't have any hard evidence in my logs of him, or lead poisoning, who you said was the "ring leader" then I cannot ban. I have to catch evidence on recording, or in the logs to authorize a ban on that player. The last thing I want is the server to fall victim to blacklisting due to some idiot nerd-raging because he was banned, and the whole time he just had a battleye bypass that was just good enough to prevent any kind of detection of illegal scripts in his share of the log file. And I've heard of that happening. Believe me, the last thing I want is for any player on my server to be experiencing this kind of bullshit, especially because it sounds like this guy is following you around and doing this repeatedly. I banned a guy today actually who spawned in a helicopter in front of my team-mates eyes, and then without knowing who he was, called him by name and said "Here you go, take the keys to your new chopper." How would he know his name without name-tags? Classic slip-up. LIke, yeah.. thanks for the chopper... but illegitimate is illegitimate and it sat outside electro broken for hours tonight because when my friend got in, the guy blew it up. Then I got the ban in.

Like I said, I'll investigate both players as much as I can, just know that DayZ and it's admins at current do not grant server admins much leeway in terms of what we can do.

Edited by KField86

If an admin reads this, ban Karou and Lead Poisoning (who had between 800 and 900 zombie kills last night. Hacker alert much?) Thank you.

I'm Lead Poisoning in game, and I just want to clarify a few things since I've been accused of hacking: I'm no hacker, that character was alive for 22 days, I'm a lone wolf, I'm not a PvPer, I avoid the hotspots as much as I can, I raid mid to small sized towns and deer stands to get my gear instead of killing players and stealing their stuff, hence the high zombie kill count (877 to be precise).

I got killed by a hacker, not on 1313 though (invisible teleporting piece of shit), and my new character zombie kill count is 260ish, hoping to reach 1000 this time.

KField86 can check my logs, I've never used scripts, although I've been kicked by battleye a couple of times for unknown reasons (hackers presence in the server can cause that I was told, not sure about that though). I don't know this Karou dude, never seen him or any cheater on 1313, apart from the usual tents full of duped items...

Anyway, good job on the server, pretty stable and hacker free (from my experience), I'll probably make it my "home" server soon.

I'm Lead Poisoning in game, and I just want to clarify a few things since I've been accused of hacking: I'm no hacker, that character was alive for 22 days, I'm a lone wolf, I'm not a PvPer, I avoid the hotspots as much as I can, I raid mid to small sized towns and deer stands to get my gear instead of killing players and stealing their stuff, hence the high zombie kill count (877 to be precise).

I got killed by a hacker, not on 1313 though (invisible teleporting piece of shit), and my new character zombie kill count is 260ish, hoping to reach 1000 this time.

KField86 can check my logs, I've never used scripts, although I've been kicked by battleye a couple of times for unknown reasons (hackers presence in the server can cause that I was told, not sure about that though). I don't know this Karou dude, never seen him or any cheater on 1313, apart from the usual tents full of duped items...

Anyway, good job on the server, pretty stable and hacker free (from my experience), I'll probably make it my "home" server soon.

Yes, I checked the logs a while ago when you were first brought up and never saw anything that made me suspect you were cheating. Karou on the other hand was teleporting and spawning in items to himself and others so he was banned. As far as the tent duping goes, unfortunately I can't control that and I never will be able to until it's fixed and unfortunately that will not be the case until DayZ goes stand-alone. I don't know if you're aware but 1313 is now running in NY instead of Florida. Same instance ID and everything, so everything should be where it was saved at. Shitty thing is, this new patch isn't saving things properly to the hive, so things you save in tents disappear on restart. That will halt the duping process a little bit, but the thing is any tents that had duped items in them prior to the update, will always keep spawning back even if destroyed and saved on the next restarts, with the same items in them. I admit, I've duped a few items before but it hasn't been on purpose. I've duped backpacks by putting on ghillies plenty of times, and I'll usually just leave the backpack on the ground to rot away when the server restarts, or maybe someone will get lucky and find it. Also, since we're a squad, sometimes we've ended up with copied items in the past, since we all share tents(spread out around the map. We do not have any camps with multiple tents near each other) and if we put an item in the tent and save it, and then later on someone took that item out and forgot to save the tent, we'd end up with a copy when the server restarts. THANKFULLY this method of duping doesn't work anymore, which in my opinion was the main way to dupe when it came to tents in 1.7.2.4. Lately we've been pretty good with saving every time an item is taken out, but like I said it doesn't matter anymore since the "states" aren't really being saved properly. I can say with utmost certainty that the items I've collected in my 3 tents spread out around the map are legitimate, either found or taken off bodies. You wouldn't believe how many pairs of NVGs I've taken off bodies, as well as rangefinders. It seems like every sniper I take out at the hills in elektro has these, as well as AS50s. Seriously, the CZ550 is more rare than the AS50 and M107 now. That's how silly it's gotten.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the server. Sorry for the mix-up Lead. For the record people, please send any reports to HGCServer@GMAIL.COM if you encounter a hacker. Please leave the time(in EST), location of the encounter, and what happened as well. Also, leave your in game name so I know what to check for in logs. Thanks.

Edited by KField86