Sign in to follow this  
Vendayn

How does one start a private server?

I would like to start a private server for a small group of friends. No, it wouldn't be connected to the HIVE...so it would have no effect on anyone else. And we would be able to test the mod better, without worrying about hackers. Maybe open it up to some other people that may want to join, to create a competitive atmosphere. But we would be able ot better deal with hackers.

In this video, somewhere shortly after the machinama group gets hacked into thunderdome (a bit after 49 minutes), rocket said he wanted people to be able to make their own DayZ servers:

If I understood it right.

Is it possible to do so now? Or do we have to wait for Rocket to officially come out with being able to do so? I would hope to be able to host just off my PC, since servers are really expensive. At least good ones are.

Edited by Vendayn

no it is not possible to do so now.

Yes it is..

You can have a private database (not HIVE, no) with several servers linked to it, and pretty much do whatever you want without being affected by Rocket's rules, and at the same time run BattleEye. Tested and proven.

It is not allowed to run private server, at the moment. Maybe at some point, would love to be able to have more moderating control.

You CAN use the private hives, you CAN also jump infront of a car, you CAN also steal food from your local supermarket. None of them are condoned, but all 3 are done.

Rocket already said he wants people to be able to make their own servers (shortly after 49 minutes into the video, during the thunderdome hack)...thought it may be possible now though. If it is, I don't know how it is done.

Edited by Vendayn

there are 100's of private servers already running. you just have to know where to look

Good Admin's review the logs with improved mods and perma banned Dupers and hackers. Saw 5 get banned with in 10min of joining the private server I use

Justice is sweet :)

Public hive is failure even rocket knows it but cant say it because of investors. Hence why the model will change in the next six months to cluster of private trusted secure servers. Public hive will be left to the script kiddies cheating against each other

Edited by Wulvgar

They're banning people for threads like these now. Just a heads up.

3 guesses which moderator that is...

• Like 1

hehe took them long enough. Typical, don't work people with half a brain just use google and other forums.

That doesn't make sense. Rocket stated in the lifestream he WANTS people to make private servers, partly as a way to deal with hackers. It came from the head guy hmiself.

Edited by Vendayn