Sign in to follow this  
Fireworks

Critical change: Make Blood Bags Type O-!

This is blasphemous! I have found so many blood bags, but they are all Type B! What am I supposed to do... I'm O- and the risk is too high to transfuse with Type B. Give us Type O- blood bags!

Item_Bloodbag.png

;)

On a serious note, having blood types in the game might be kind of interesting. For example, you could be assigned (or have to figure out) your blood type when you spawn and have to find the appropriate blood type. Perhaps if you take the wrong blood type, you could get an infection or possibly die. Might be an interesting mechanic. Thoughts?

Edited by Fireworks
  • Like 4

no ....cant see this adding anything to the game at all

no offence you have had a reasonable idea sort of and im not bashing it ....just dont like it as it adds nothing of note

Maybe all the survivors are not infected due to having a common blood type that is compatiable with B positive?? I dont know haha

Then the ability to fill blood bags found, which are already empty. Even after using a bag maybe the ability to refill it with your blood or another players. I like the blood type idea, and finding blood bags on the floor in a box is odd since blood has to be in a fridge or something?

Maybe all the survivors are not infected due to having a common blood type that is compatiable with B positive?? I dont know haha

Might be that, might be just luck, thats for Rocket to tell us

But this suggestions sounds really good! I support it!

no ....cant see this adding anything to the game at all

no offence you have had a reasonable idea sort of and im not bashing it ....just dont like it as it adds nothing of note

doesn't add anything? actually i think it adds several variations to blood types and a whole new dynamic to how blood transfusions (the only actual part of the game where one must rely on another by the way) are approached in this game... whether you meant offense or not, it offends all logic and reason that you would claim it adds nothing of note.

by the way i personally think this is a good idea an obvious thing to add in the game, standalone probably though.

Edited by Roark92

This is blasphemous! I have found so many blood bags, but they are all Type B! What am I supposed to do... I'm O- and the risk is too high to transfuse with Type B. Give us Type O- blood bags!

On a serious note, having blood types in the game might be kind of interesting. For example, you could be assigned (or have to figure out) your blood type when you spawn and have to find the appropriate blood type. Perhaps if you take the wrong blood type, you could get an infection or possibly die. Might be an interesting mechanic. Thoughts?

Maybe only people with blood type B are immune to the zombie virus and that's why they survived and why all the bloodbags are B. All the other bloodbags were used up during the initial infections.

:-p

Maybe there could be blood test kits that you can get to figure out your blood type :o

I just don't think it will add much to the game except one little extra detail that really doesn't need to be added. No need to make DayZ busy just for the sake of making it busy. It isn't a medical simulator, and it isn't 100% realistic.

I just don't think it will add much to the game except one little extra detail that really doesn't need to be added. No need to make DayZ busy just for the sake of making it busy. It isn't a medical simulator, and it isn't 100% realistic.

Right, but coming close to realism is what makes it cool. I agree it isn't necessary, but I think the game could use many more dynamics than currently implemented. I'm not 100% sure this blood type idea would be good or not, just might make it a bit more interesting to get blood as opposed to getting a full refill with a blood transfusion so easily.

blood bags should be removed. It's not realistic to have unrefrigerated blood be perfectly safe to use, not to mention so widely available... srsly, every survivor on the map is carrying blood bags... wtf.

I guess when you transfuse yourself blood that doesn't match your blood type, your systems start to fail, one by one, because the antigens in your own blood start destroying those in the transfused blood, or vise versa. Can someone confirm this?

There is no reason to make bloodtransifusion more complicated by adding rhesus types, therefore --> No