Sign in to follow this  
Gouron

aks gun Can i get banned?

Hi i found a golden AKS gun at the thunderdome that i found on a dead hackers body i was wondering if i would get banned for using it, it does 4500 dmg same as the AKM and uses the same mags. I seen a topic earlier that rocket made saying that players using hacked items is not bannable If you could source me to the original post about that?

Thanks.

Using a hacked in weapon, is one thing. (like M4 SD, legit weapon..taking it off a hacker, no problem)

Using a weapon you KNOW was hacked in, is another.

Edited by Tweakie

You will be banned hard if you pick it up...unless I missed something?

Edited by Griff

This mod is selling copies of ArmA2/OA.

There will be countless numbers of new players that have no idea what weapons are legit and what ones are not.

Are they to be banned too? Just curious...would seem awfully unfair.

• Like 1

They will be banned from DayZ, not Arma 2. DayZ is a free mod, so regardless why they purchased Arma 2, the money they spent was on Arma 2, and they will still have Arma 2.

Well there is a difference between a DayZ hive ban and a Arma Ban.

And using abit of logic, picking up a "golden gun" should send off alarm bells.

Edit: Damn you Griff, for beating me to it :(

Edited by Tweakie

using a hacked weapon is perfectly fine and the worst that can happen is a butthurt admin checks the itemlogs and bans you from his server only.

you cannot be permanently banned from arma2 for using hacked guns, only the person using the hacks to create them can.

A BattleEye ban will only take place if you truly "hack" the game (script injections, security breaching, etc.)

using a hacked weapon is perfectly fine and the worst that can happen is a butthurt admin checks the itemlogs and bans you from his server only.

you cannot be permanently banned from arma2 for using hacked guns, only the person using the hacks to create them can.

This. People spread lies saying that you'll be banned if you use it, because they're jealous.

There is a system in place that checks inventory against allowed items in-game.

They will be banned from DayZ, not Arma 2. DayZ is a free mod, so regardless why they purchased Arma 2, the money they spent was on Arma 2, and they will still have Arma 2.

OK, seems strange to potentially ban and alienate your new players though. Well it does to me anyways.

Esp. when they would be non the wiser as to the fact they had done anything wrong.

I'm not defending hacks or anything at all. Just concerned alot of innocent people are gonna take the fall for the un scrupulous hackers :(

I've been out of the loop lately due to RL commitments, but generally people need to do some research before playing this game. Whether for installing the mod, or how to work the UI, somewhere along the way you'll come across talk of hackers, and how to avoid being a victim.

There is a system in place that checks inventory against allowed items in-game.

our group had thermal AS50s for 2 weeks and nothing happened to the people using them. some hacker fully geared out my friends and gave them the gun

and as expected when 1.7.2.4 came out they all turned into makarovs. nothing happened to the character at any point over that time.

and id like to point out i stayed with my regular AS50 and didnt use the TWS :D

our group had thermal AS50s for 2 weeks and nothing happened to the people using them. some hacker fully geared out my friends and gave them the gun

and as expected when 1.7.2.4 came out they all turned into makarovs. nothing happened to the character at any point over that time.

and id like to point out i stayed with my regular AS50 and didnt use the TWS :D

I can't go into detail on how the system works, but I guess it can be flawed...alpha, free mod, etc...

I've been out of the loop lately due to RL commitments, but generally people need to do some research before playing this game. Whether for installing the mod, or how to work the UI, somewhere along the way you'll come across talk of hackers, and how to avoid being a victim.

Interesting.

It's all well and good saying read up and learn not to be a victim.

But when we now have things like the "thunderdome" and people inventorys being replaced in a milisecond, instant teleporting etc etc etc. How can you avoid being a victim to that? :(

This mod is selling copies of ArmA2/OA.

There will be countless numbers of new players that have no idea what weapons are legit and what ones are not.

Are they to be banned too? Just curious...would seem awfully unfair.

Ya, you did :) You don't get banned any longer for picking up hacked items

Also whats all this talk of thunderdome? I have no idea what the hell you guys are referring to

Also whats all this talk of thunderdome? I have no idea what the hell you guys are referring to

Lucky you!

Your instantly teleported to an arena by hackers. Imaginatively called the thunderdome (mad max 3)

You entire inventory is replaced or wiped.

And then your basically killed by the hackers...or by other players (entire server) who have also been teleported there! :(

Got to laugh at it in a sense

• Like 1

Lucky you!

Your instantly teleported to an arena by hackers. Imaginatively called the thunderdome (mad max 3)

And then your basically killed by the hackers...or by other players (entire server) who have also been teleported there! :(

is it wrong i want to go and try it :(

Lucky you!

I get it now! Actually figured it out by myself later on when I was thinking about it. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I have seen several videos on this.

wtf is this "thunderdome" people speak of?