Sign in to follow this  
sostronk

Do you really think this game will ever leave Alpha?

Do you really think this game will ever leave Alpha?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will this game reach what Rocket has envisaged?

• Yes
    • No

Id like to point out that Im new to this game. I fell in love with it instantly and only play this game now. But what I am seeing are some really massive problems that are going to be quite time consuming and difficult to deal with in order to get this game to the stage of being a stand alone game like Rocket has envisaged. The game is great and appeals to a large audience. but put aside your love for the game for a moment and try to ask yourself this question honestly, do you really think this game will ever be a standalone game and achieve what Rocket wants it to become?

Edited by sostronk

Rocket did say "Either he will finish it, or someone else will." A big passive hint to games like WarZ.

He said by the end of this year he wants a standalone. Which will most likely be the Beta.

The game has been in Alpha for only a couple of months and people are already acting like Cthulhu will rise from the depths of some hell to destroy Dayz before it ever leaves Alpha. Jeez people, Patience.

• Like 1

I don't know if the Arma II version will ever be "finished", but I do believe that a stand alone or Arma 3 DLC will be on it's way. Given that rocket wants to make this standalone and has said as such, I am inclined to believe him.

I suspect one of the reason the server hosting rules are so tight is that it can all be shutdown once a standalone is released and the game will not be able to run except for private hives but even that will go the way of the dinosour unless you host your own dedi servers.

I don't know if the Arma II version will ever be "finished", but I do believe that a stand alone or Arma 3 DLC will be on it's way. Given that rocket wants to make this standalone and has said as such, I am inclined to believe him.

I suspect one of the reason the server hosting rules are so tight is that it can all be shutdown once a standalone is released and the game will not be able to run except for private hives but even that will go the way of the dinosour unless you host your own dedi servers.

Standalone.. I don't think rocket is thinking of a DLC if he says its goint to be a standalone. Jeez.. -.-

Standalone.. I don't think rocket is thinking of a DLC if he says its goint to be a standalone. Jeez.. -.-

Rocket said he would never make it DLC to begin with. He wants DayZ to be free until it hits the standalone, then do something like Minecraft did.